Masters Running

Thursday 10/10/2013 Dailies (Read 43 times)

Dave59

I like when the month is the same as the day because then I don't have to worry about Europeans being confused by our M/D/Y date format we use here in the States.  (I'm not sure what Canadians do.)

A lot of long distance running talked about lately.  I doubt I'll be joining in that kind of "fun" but I'll cheer you all on.

Maybe a run or workout for me later.  I have one task that I am going to get done with before it gets delayed again.  Supposed to have been done a few weeks ago and it is driving me nuts.  Once that is done I am open to anything.

Tag, did this ever happen to you?

http://assets.amuniversal.com/9bdefa800b3b01312453001dd8b71c47

(from today's Speed Bump)

Ran an easy six miles at 5:30 am---overcast and cool, but no frost like yesterday.

Is that task complete now Dave? Love the cartoon!

Tet, the Manchester marathon is in Manchester, NH and the famous Thanksgiving race---costumes, PBJ and all is in Manchester, CT (there’s also a Manchester VT….and many other Manchesters around). Lamerunner is one of the chief leaders/RD for the Manchester, NH marathon on 11/3 and worked hard to get it on the roster of USATF-NE Grand Prix road races this year (maybe she’ll iron out and flatten some of the hills too….HA, HA!)

Love those photos SteveP. Hudson has a similar orange cape and gets so happy when I reach for that and his blinkie lights for an adventure on the roads or trails.

Feel better soon Erika!

Mike E

MM #5615

I feel like it's happened to me a couple of times...
        PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

So I'm signing a manual payroll check this morning, and I ask what happened to the original.  "He dropped it in the slitter."  The slitter takes jumbo rolls of tape (5 feet wide) and cuts them down to useable widths - like two inches or so.  The good news - the employee didn't try to get his paycheck out of the slitter.  That would have cost him a few fingers or a hand.  The bad news - there's a few rolls of contaminated tape that had to be quarantined.  We should take it out of his paycheck since he put his paycheck in it.  That's a weird sentence.

Anyways, a lunchtime run at the gym on the TM is planned. It's supposed to rain, and I've become a wimpy, wambly, wombly weather wimp.

Slo

Great photo's Steve.

Sounds like were are not in for a colorful fall. Leaves are dripping but they are just turning brown.

No run this am. If all goes well I plan a post work (RAW).

PBJ...I'm glad your employee valued his fingers more than his paycheck!

PBJ///.........Wimpy?...........I think not......

nice touch on the avatar tramps................tet training????.......must be a typo......

glad to see OM has a Mentee................teach her well

==========

double wgt sessions today,

15min alt stand/sit on xbike

............................good running guys............

Enjoy the Work-Out, if you aren't,  Change Something.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I've become a wimpy, wambly, wombly weather wimp.

Hey PBJ - maybe you and Dr. Seuss could write a book for runners Big grin

Awesome pictures yesterday Steve. The colors are peaking here as well. The only bad thing is when we play golf now, it's hard to find the ball under all of the leaves.

Your Speed Bump cartoon brought a smile today Dave. Thanks!

All this talk about 50k, 50 mile and 100 mile races makes me tired just reading about it. But that relay? Hmmmm....

I ran 4 miles yesterday morning, then spent 45 minutes in the weight room. After I got done working at the Y around 2:00, a new "Group Kick" class was just starting. I decided to see what it was like. Holy cow!!! Intense cardio, lots of kick boxing moves and core work for an hour. I couldn't believe how sore I was this morning! 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the bike just to loosen things up. Maybe a run after work.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. Supposed to get up into the 70's again. I'm storing these in my memory for the months that are coming. Have a great day everyone!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Busy morning already in here.

4 miles in a nippy 41°.  Gloves and toque felt good to start, but was able to deglove about half way.

if jumping to conclusions was crosstraining, there's be a lot of more fit people here.  Another couple days and most everyone will be doing the  VT 50 and then turning around and going back the other way. Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Stunning pictures SteveP. Someday I will make it back east for a fall marathon to enjoy the colors.

No running to report since I will be meeting my speedy running friend Stacey this afternoon for a track workout. But I did some gym playtime last night and this morning.

You ou guys inspire me so much!!

butterfly hugs to all who wants or needed!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Did you all see that stumpy77 said he is doing a 100 mile race!  Wow!  Which one?  I am sure you will have a great time!  Big grin

It was off to the track for me today.  I was thinking about coastwalker on my way out.  I have to leave early so that I get to the high school track before the various teams start using it.  This time of year that means leaving while it is still dark.  So off I went with my blinking lights and headlamp.  By the time I arrived at the track it was just daylight (what timing!) so off I went for 5x800m.  These take me just over 3 minutes each which that study showed was in the optimal time range of 3-5 minutes for speed work, even if just barely.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

lamerunner

Good morning. I would have been in earlier but I was out flattening the hills... I ran about 8 miles, some of it on the Manchester marathon course.  Rocks around Dorrs pond are all marked in orange  now, thanks to a recent 5k. One less thing for us to do.  Nice morning, almost as cool as yesterday and foggy, but at least I got out a bit later so it was no longer dark.

I missed yoga yesterday due to a meeting but I did get in a 1500 yard swim.

Nice to see PBJ again.

I like the idea of doing a relay at Vermont!  I participated in the Fred Brown relay around Lake Winnipesaukee recently and had a blast. There were only two teams of all women over 40, and despite most of us saying we were doing this just for fun, and some decrepitude, we got pretty into trying to beat the other team-- from a club in Massachusetts and wearing blue uniforms; we quickly dubbed them "Smurfs" and had fun with it. Not sure what they called us, but the friendly rivalry was mutual. We ended up on top but there was some back and forth during various legs.  it was pretty funny.

C-R

Busy day in here already. Now you folks have me thinking about a 50 at 50. Good thing I have a couple of years but my trouble is Feb is very cold and I don't want to travel for such a stunt. Hmmm. We do have a 8 lap to a mile track in my gym. 400 laps. Seems doable.

Got a nice little 5k at lunch and will be doing track workouts later with my son.

Back to work.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

My "task" was growing too much to finish in one day, so I went ahead and went running.  I now see why I kept procrastinating on it in the first place.  4.5 miles with a couple at a harder effort.  Kind of a micro-mini wave run.

I also signed up for a 5k in Au Gres Michigan on Saturday.  I am hoping it'll be a nice fall drive and maybe Cindy will come along.  We need to get out of the house and get some fresh air (that doesn't involve yard work.)

deez, continued thoughts and virtual hugs going your way.  steve, great pictures.

Nice long runs for Twocat, marj, and Mike.  Good job on the speedwork for Mike, deez, and Twocat.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s and there was just a light breeze.  I got in 10 miles at a 10:38 pace.

In spite of all the talk of 50 at 50 (I'm in awe of those of you who are), I'm not doing 70 at 70 in a couple of months.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Twocat Big grin

Did you hear that, C-R is going to do a 50!!

The relay option in VT next Sept. sounds very appealing to me.

Ran 5 Remi miles last night.  Lots of sniff breaks.  Lots of hills.  Night came on sooner than I expected, so I had to change my route (too dark to backtrack thorugh the same trails).  Felt good and sproinky.  Must be the fall temps.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."