Masters Running

Black Friday - Shopping, Runs and Such Daily (Read 536 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday with Family and Friends - and in laws and out laws....thinking of Holly Clowning around Hey, the most amazing thing happened to me this morning. I woke up and my foot was pain free and felt greta. Guess what...I had the most Joyful - Glorious - Quick paced 10 mile run that felt awesome..........................................then my alarm clock went off and I got up and got really for work. Geez, it's bad enough not to be able to run, but now dreaming of it Roll eyes I have to work today Sad , but don't really mind that much because I have a lot here to get caught up on today, with my end of month duties coming up. Wonder how many people here have to work today? Hope everyone has a nice day....and TGIF Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I guess Mall walking is cross training. Turkey sandwiches today... enjoy! Luckily I dibn't get run over by any earlybird shoppers. Wonderfully sproinky hilly 14 miles in 2:00:16 (8:30 pace, AHR 153). Longish runs the day after a hard tempo run usually feel great due to the increased blood volume.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hey, the most amazing thing happened to me this morning. I woke up and my foot was pain free and felt greta. Guess what...I had the most Joyful - Glorious - Quick paced 10 mile run that felt awesome
        If you dream it, it will come true! Smile Glad you were able to have that dream....I'm sure it'll happen for you during your waking hours before long. We should start calling you, "Dreamrunner."
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Good morning guys, No more Black Fridays for me. My son & I did them for many years before they just got too out of hand. I hope that everyone indulged in moderation yesterday... Big grin Christmas lights and decorations are all up and Johnny Mathis music will be permeating the house for the next few weeks.... Big grin No running today...off to work for me.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #3309

If you dream it, it will come true! Smile Glad you were able to have that dream....I'm sure it'll happen for you during your waking hours before long. We should start calling you, "Dreamrunner."
            Dreamrunner.....hey, that's pretty kewl Smile Wow, great run there Steve......as usual. Well, guess I have at least one working buddy today...Peter. Hey tet, I'm closing in fast on my magical 30 day taper Tongue Holly, you are too hard on yourself....well I am too Roll eyes "Time: 42:02 24/231 AG 300/2698 women 1206/5527 total finishers" Heck, you placed very well girl, with that many runners Smile DreamrunnerTim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I did a short 5 mile recovery run this morning at 9:56 min/mile pace, average HR 130. It was a chilly 52F and my hands got quite cold. It took them 20 minutes to warm up to where I could use them effectively. Shoulda wore some light gloves. I'm at work today too, though it'll likely be a short day. DW is venturing out to fight the Black Friday Wars. But she won't last long as she hates the madness. Turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes with gravy on tap for Lunch. What else would it be? Smile Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tim - you had me going there for a minute....and as for the race results, you have to remember that the Turkey Trot brings out a lot of folks who never run, just coming out for that one event. 6.8 recovery miles today (ave pace 10:51 , ave HR 128). See, this is the HR I am accustomed to. I think I should never wear my HR monitor to races. The readings I get there scare me. Normally I don’t go to Black Friday sales, but Target had DS’s Christmas wish, the X-Box 360, on sale coming with a $60 gift card, so I went to stand in line with most of Western Ohio in my running clothes, stinky and all. Smile Now, gift safely hidden and freshly showered, I’m off with the family to cut down our Christmas tree. Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Geez, Tim - you had me fooled this morning! Maybe if you're dreaming about good strong runs, your injury will be gone sooner. Must have been all that turkey you ate yesterday. Holly - you are brave! My niece called me last night and asked me if I'd get up to hit some stores at 4:00 AM this morning. I told her I'd get up at 4 for a lot of things, but shopping wasn't one of them! You are a good mom to stand in line in sweaty running clothes - I hope your kids appreciate it. Have fun getting your tree today. Perch - great run for you this morning. You don't shop on black Friday?! 52F Bill? I'll take it! It's 31 here and it felt like a heat wave compared to the weather we've been having lately. Just a 4 mile easy run at 9:41 pace after yesterday's race. Sunday I'm taking part in an eleven mile race. Forecast looks brutal - snow and wind. Shocked Off to do an internet search on clever ways to fix leftover turkey....

Renee the dog

Just got back from my run to civilization to hit the early morning store openings. Yes, my alarm went off at 5 a.m., and I was excited for a minute, until I realized I had to go shopping. Suddenly, I felt hung over when I realized I wasn't going running. Wink Headed out for the 45 min commute to "stores that open that early" and did my shopping for my son's upcoming birthday and also finished the holiday shopping for the kids. With my husband's job, it's rare that I can go shopping without the kids, so it's more a factor of him being off and the stores being open dragging me out the door, vs. Black Friday hoopla. Now, I'm ready for a nap. After all, it's a rest day on my schedule.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

lamerunner

Good morning all: I am working part of the day. My DD has to work late this afternoon so we came back after T-day dinner. She also has a paper to write!! No exercise yet today. I will go to a Y workout around lunch time. I am a bit tired from the two hour cycling class yesterday. Kind of cold and gloomy weather. Snow in the mountains though. Ski training is starting!

#artbydmcbride

I will be going out shopping any minute now! But yesterday afternoon I got an unepected extra two miles in running (jogging). I was asked to take my my little nephew running. Go teach him how to run, he loves running! It was clearly a ploy to get him out from under foot, but I obliged. Two miles later he was at last panting "no more running, I'm tooo tired!". Big grin

Runners run

5 ezpz
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          DickyG

Japanese zookeepers have wondered for a while why two polar bears that they had hoped would mate have shown little interest in each other. The answer came this month when the zoo discovered both the bears were female, the zoo said last Wednesday. Tsuyoshi, a 4-year-old polar bear, and 11-year-old Kurumi have been living in the same enclosure at the Kushiro Municipal Zoo in Hokkaido in northern Japan since June. The zoo said it thought Tsuyoshi was male because of the bear's appearance. Male polar bears are generally signiuficantly larger than females. "Didn't fool me for a minute", said Kurumi. "All that bear did was sit around all day watching 'Sex In The City'". Outstanding races yesterday...I'm impressed: Denise: sub-9 5-miler Holly: 42min 5-miler and top 10% AG DanL2: What a great effort for you! That is just ultra-cool Tramps: I'm assuming no pain? Nowor: Fastest 5K in 4 years... Jeanne: Another sub-9 5-miler...and how cool that you helped serve the less fortunate at Lambeau...but you could have left out the mention of brussel sprouts... Perch: 2nd in AG! Lou: Sub-7 5K with 3rd in AG Leslie: sub-9 5K These are just outanding results! Tammy:
                            Go Beavers!
                            Ummm... yeah...something's gotta be done about that nickname...just too many punchlines in there... Perch: 14 miles after yesterday's race? Gasp... Like most of you, we had a great...but small...dinner last night. Football was awful but thank heavens rasslin' is on Thursdays..and they had a great show last night. I have to work all day..will try to get in a short run later today. We have about 30-40 people coming over tonight for our annual tradition...everyone brings their leftovers and we have another big feast. Burp.... DickyG

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Official results posted... yesterday's 8K was a PR by 4 seconds!! 36:08.90 or 7:16 pace vs my 7:17 pace last year Smile 99/817 OA but 3rd AG even though they announced and gave me award for 2nd.. Oh welll 3rd is great too on top of a PR! Just so I wasn't third and pushed off the podium! The run today felt so good I guess I should have pushed harder yesterday Confused

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

very nice races yesterday!! hope everyone had an enjoyable day!! i slept 2 1/2 hours then had a wonderful family day at my brothers -- cuddled up with the 8yr old twins and 6yr old lil sister for a movie later and my boys actually stayed and watched most of it too!! so nice today - first time in years not hitting the stores for shopping - just don't feel like the madness this year -- but i did sneak in some online shopping ------ now off to the gym!! happy friday!! Big grin

denise