Masters Running

Newbies - the new thread (Read 608 times)

Just starting a new thread. I am going to go running then post here on the new thead.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

I feel like I am posting to myself. I ran today. 3 miles. 32 mins. 1 min walk and 10 min run until I was home. Shin splints after 3 mins. Then they werent so bad after 20 mins. Iced and felt fine. Then did 3 hours of mulch spreading. That killed my hip. The good news is the pain is in places other than the injury.

Hello. Is there anyone out there?

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

I'm here!  I just got home from work and I'm going to bed.  BTW, I love the new picture of you.

I did not run 4 miles today.  Nor will I because I have to be back to work at 5:30.  But I did get a pair of trail running shoes the other day. I'm itching to try them out.

Cheers,

Mike

Rindaroo

Hey all -

I'm here too.. been exhausted this week.  Don't know if it's the sickness going around work, or overdoing.  So, not exercise during the week Sad 

Had the ECHO yesterday morning.  Didn't talk with the cardiologist, the tech said the report would be sent to my doc.  I'm assuming all is fine as usual.  Really all, its just a sound. 

Work is crazy, am thinking of making some big changes....

Linda, big changes? Dont leave us hanging!

Mike, thanks. Dont work too hard.

3.5 or so miles today with cyclist who runs way too fast for me. So much for him as a running partner. Oh well. Leg hurt after 30 mins. Feels hunky dory now though.

Laurie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm just trying to stay relaxed, since tomorrow is my HM.  I was going to do a very short run today, but it's raining, so forget that!  The rain is supposed to stop before the race starts - I hope the forecast is right!  It sounds good - cloudy and 61 degrees.  I hit 100 miles in September, so I'm happy about that!  Now I just have to keep up the momentum.

Me

Good luck tomorrow Teresa!

Big changes, Linda?  Yes, please don't keep us hanging.

Mike

Rindaroo

LOL!  work related...  Life is crazy, and work is about to push me over the edge.  Thinking about a change more for the family is needed.

Linda, so what do you have in mind? I am in the same boat. My job is killing me. Interested in hearing what you have in mind.

Laurie

Rindaroo

I need to work part time... not sure how that would work.  I need to be home when the kids are.  With my son & his issues, with my daughter & all her activities.  The stress level between home & work are about pushing me over the edge.  Things recently at work make it worse, I did address it yesterday, so we shall see.    Because really my grandpa was right when he told me "Remember the important things, and the rest will fall into place."    It's scary though...

Me

Good luck Linda.  I'm in Tennessee due to a big work change.

Any word from Teresa on how her half went?

dg.

Linda, do you mean you addressed changing to part time at work, or just some of the things that are going on?  I hope you can stay there & work the hours you want.  You seem pretty essential there.     Can see where it would be scary....  good luck.                       re the ECHO... ok just a sound, but let us know what you find out. 

Laurie, thanks for starting the new thread.   Really glad you're able to run & the pain lets up... do you ever wrap your shins?  I had shin splints (anterior/medial, I don't know if that makes any difference) a while ago,  & no I didn't stop running either.  But anyway, I just remembered the other day that when I would wrap it with an ace bandage before I ran it helped a lot.   One book says to be really careful running with them(shin splints. not ace bandages.), because depending on what's injured, there's less support for the bones & it can be easier to get a stress fracture. 

& thanks for the nice comments!    I guess we aren't newbies in someways, but always will be by comparison!

Mike, I'm sorry things didn't work out.     glad you have new trail shoes!  Have you tried them yet?    How long are you going to have to work these hours?        I'm wondering about Teresa too.

I did 14 miles this morning, it was a little faster than I expected it to be which was nice.  But I didn't count stops for water etc.  It went pretty well, though my foot hurts a little now.  Still trying to figure out the shoe issue. 

I actually start to taper tomorrow.   sounds pretty funny, doesn't it!

Frances, Roberta, eliz... you all ok?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi all--another weekend without internet.  We took advantage of no DD and went up to Maine for Sat and Sun.  Like Teresa said--it rained all day Saturday, but today wasn't bad.  Of course the weather was beautiful while packing to leave.  Even better, this wasn't the closing weekend, so we'll be able to go back again.

a little run this morning--about 3.5 miles, but nothing spectacular.  little things are hurting, so I need to figure them out before anything starts hurting bigger. 

Friday was a sad day--went to a funeral for a friend of DW in college who survived over 10 years with ALS.  She had incredible spirit--she was communicating with a mouse controlled by tiny little movements of her head and about 1/8" finger movement.  It's a hateful disease--completely kills the body, but leaves the mind complete to let you know what you're going  through

Laurie--glad you're running agiain.  not much pain is good.

Linda--hope you get a happy echo.  And some stress relief in life

Deb--lots and lots of miles for you.  think your race coming up will be a great one.

Teresa-I'm sure you had a good race today.  IRC I would say.  Look forward to a RR.

Mike--Sorry the kayaking didn't work out.  better luck next time.  Enjy your new shoes in the mean time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Mike!  My HM went well, just not quite as fast as I had hoped!  I'm too tired to do a real RR tonight, so I'll procrastinate until tomorrow.

Rindaroo

Hey Kevin - great to see, sorry about the friend Sad  glad you were able to get your daughter settled in L.A.  Traffic, well sometimes better than others... hope she likes it there.  ECHO wil be fine I'm sure, best news will be to hear no news.

Deb - nope, how I wish PT at the current job.  That will not be happening I'm sure, more & more just keeps being added.  Current situation in the economy is part of the problem with all the layoffs.  But I have choices!!  lol  we'll see what there's will be.

Mike - sorry about the kayaker.

Gotta get going, it'll be a long day today Sad