Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 9.12.17 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (5.3 miles, including 3.2 pre-Irma miles, and 2.1 post-work TM miles)
    Dave (4 50°, foggy morning miles)
    HopesMom (slap dark morning run/walk with DH and Dusty)
    Tomwhite (60 min caneless walking)
    Catwhoorg (7 TM miles)
    Twocat (7 morning miles)

Pfriese (EZ 7 morning miles 'round town)

Mike (8.7 mixed miles)

Marj & Henrun (1 hr. walk to the train station)

Deeze (7.2 morning run/walk miles in Hoka Arahi's)

Evanflein (5.3 post-work, pre-showers miles)

Mariposai (8 miles in sort-of clear air)

KSA, I’m glad your sister in Ft. Myers is OK (except for that orange tree), and I hope you are too.

I hope the kids aren’t without power for too long, Dave.

Bummer about the woman hit by the drunk drive, Hopesmom, but at least she is OK. True enough about the need for headlamps and reflective gear early (or late) till next April/May. I also don’t see many cars, but it only takes being hit by 1 to put a real damper on your day.

I hope you’re not too hobbled today, Tomwhite.

How have you done in the storm, Cat? Nice to have some natural shelter.

Twocat, I’d much rather deal with lots o’ snow and some cold days than a hurricane. You can shovel or snow-blow the snow, and (as Evanflein said) dress for the cold or stay inside on a TM. You can only hunker down or run away from a hurricane or tornado and hope for the best. Actually, I like where we are, where all kinds of weather extremes are rare. On another note, I’d like to hear your Daffy Duck…

Wildchild, I am also in awe of those high-mileage folks (including you!) because I am so not there, nor could I ever be. You all are amazing!

Nice job of hanging with the struggling girl, Mike.

Welcome back, Marj & Henrun. Glad you had a good Opie dinner too. I also like having 4 seasons but, different from you, I'd prefer a little more light in the early morning.

Welcome back, Deeze - it's always a pleasure to hear from you. Glad you are taking it easy in building up again for MCM.

I'm sorry about the asthma issues, Mariposai, but I'm glad that you are able to get outside even for t tough run. Good luck to you and DH in your meetings today.

I had every intention of going out for a workout this morning, but it felt like I was awake more than asleep last night, so I chose to stay in to try for a few more zzz's. Maybe I can squeeze in a few miles later today.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Storm stayed a non-event for us.

A few inches of rain.

20-30 miles South or West was another matter, lots of trees and powerlines down in those areas. We got lucky

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Tramps

You need that sleep, Jay.

Mari--two months of smoky air is a real drag; hope the improvement continues.

Casual 21 this morning, just lollygagging and chatting on a beautiful early autumn day.

Be safe. Be kind.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Tramps says a casual 21 miler?  Sure...

No running for me yesterday - just spin and lift (half session).  Hope to run 7 today.

Hey Deez - I'm going to the MCM with my cheering section - Long-Suffering Mrs. PBJ (no PBJsters).  Anyone else gonna be there?

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Masters!  My folks (in NC) picked up some bottled water and hunkered down for the storm, but since Irma turned so sharply west, I doubt they got more than a little rain.  Here in VA we got clouds.  No complaints here!!
            When I was looking for a job 15 years ago, my then-brand-new DH asked me to look for a place without too many people and not too much snow.  We landed in Charlottesville, VA, and a month later had our first blizzard.  We were completely unprepared, so we were trying to dig our car out of the 2 feet of snow with a teeny little camp shovel.  Needless to say, 3 days later we ended up asking a neighbor for help.  He had a buddy with a truck, and plowed out our extremely long and hilly driveway in about 15 minutes.
            RD here, though I'm expecting to at least walk a couple of laps around the block, for some fresh air.

Jay -- sleep is important!!  I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea, so now I am discovering just how sleep-deprived I was.

catwhoorg -- glad you had a non-event!!

Tramps -- love the casual 21!!

PBJ -- have a good 7!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dave59

In the office today but will stop at the gym on the way home.

The family in Tallahassee was without power for about 16 hours or so. Much less trouble than Hemine caused last year. I guess all the trees that could fall on power lines did so then.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps says a casual 21 miler?  Sure...

No running for me yesterday - just spin and lift (half session).  Hope to run 7 today.

Hey Deez - I'm going to the MCM with my cheering section - Long-Suffering Mrs. PBJ (no PBJsters).  Anyone else gonna be there?

In case you missed it, Tramps is <<gasp>> riding a bike. 

As for me, an actual casual 3.1 around the lake.  Enjoying the cool, not so much the dark.  Off to a couple days in CT to watch my electricians install cables.  Fun stuff.  Tonight before i leave, I get to replace the garbage disposal that has quit working and developed a leak.  Will also need to replace the two dripping shutoff valves for the shower that I repaired over the weekend and that have been in place so long that the packing nuts no long tighten (or move, period).  Even more fun.  But I have discovered SharkBite compression connections that are infinitely easier to use than sweated connections.  Even though playing with a torch is much more manly.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

LOL.  Yeah, key point.  It's like dog years; about a 7:1 ratio. So think "Casual 3 this morning, just lollygagging and chatting on a beautiful early autumn day." 

Be safe. Be kind.

Happy Birthday to me!  New age group (65).   2.3 treadmill miles before an early morning lawyer meeting at which the Vice Chancellor/Athletic Director of Vanderbilt spoke.  I love hearing him speak, but I didn't love getting there by 7 am.  That was followed by an outside counsel meeting with a lawyer who flew in from California, so I haven't had a chance to enjoy my birthday or bask in all my facebook messages!  Smile

My staff decorated my office and brought cupcakes and gifts, so that's cool.

2.5 miles after work on the treadmill.   4.8 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Singer who runs a smidge

Happy birthday, KSA!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

evanflein

I'm glad you mentioned it so I didn't have to.   Tramps, love the "dog years" comparison.

Hey PBJ! So cool to see you heading off to another marathon. Hi to Long Suffering!

Mariposai, so sorry about your bad air this summer, but hey, fall is coming, right? Should bring some rain and relief, I hope. Glad you got out for a run yesterday. And yes, hint, hint to Holly on the overtime issue.

Happy birthday, KSA!

Looks like a pretty nice day out there today. Forecast for the week is spotty localized rain showers here and there, but temps up to 60, maybe low 60's and that should be pretty good. Saturday looks like a beautiful day for a marathon. I did check my log and it looks like my string of 200+ months might be in jeopardy, but oh well. I'll get out for a few miles this afternoon.

Henrun

Happy Birthday KSA- you're now old enough to join our club- the New England 65+ Running Club- and you don't have to live in NE. To become a member🎂

After a long exhausting (but fun) weekend I finally got a chance to do our 2.7 mile reservoir run. But I find I'm now faster if I racewalk (thank you Jay) rather than run- which I did.

...well, I see Tramps has confused us yet again.........

===========

30-min X Bike

and

40-min PoolRun with letters

since

it's drizzly today,

I'm walking during the TV commercials...........did it  for 2-hours yesterday, and couldn't fall asleep

so

I'm trying it EARLIER in the day today

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hi, All - I'm still alive and kickin'.  Well somewhat kickin'.  Just not too high.

My nephew is a lineman in FL.  He is now working mandatory 16-hr days in effort to get power back up and going across the state.

I am still dealing with butt issues.  Will it ever end?  I don't know.  With the help of my MAT therapy guy, he's narrowed things down to unstable pelvis (which I knew) and a bad case of piriformis syndrome.  I googled "pain in center of butt cheek last week" and that's what popped up.  We talked and he says, "Well, yes (he already knew and probably said so), and this is why."  After going through the ABC's of it all, it also explains the really bad pain I get in my . . . well, my crotch area.  All these muscles PO'd 'cause things aren't working right.

So long story longer, we're tackling things inch by inch, and even though I'm really bummed I still can't run or anything, I feel like I'm finally getting answers.  Why didn't I go see him sooner?  I don't know.  Probably could've saved myself a whole lotta dinero.  I'm hoping that once the pain has finally gone away, he'll continue to work with me for awhile to ensure everything stays stable and that I'm doing the correct things ST-wise, etc.

So that's what's been going on in my world . . . while also still drowning at work.  BUT, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't feel like the light of a freight train anymore.  September 15 - Big Deadline.  I'm treating myself to French fries and a chocolate milkshake after!

Okay - I'll stop chatting now.  Later ~~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

[[[fatozzig]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....