Masters Running

Where's Maine? (Read 543 times)

Not geographically, but personally, as in our own dear running policeman. Did I miss something? Is he on a top secret undercover assignment, or should we be concerned? Confused
    Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Not sure...but he still posts on Holly's 40 / 40 thread. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/e1aecad69c03468fae3093ae8ca76945 And had a 3rd in his AG in a 5K Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I will inquire about him on the Maine board.
          Hey there Amy I'm still here although mostly just lurking while trying to figure out what my issue is. Let's see I ran my best ever Boston but still very disappointed as I had to dial it back at around mile 9 ... pain in my right glute and hamstring. To weeks ago I ran a 3 mile RR to support a friend who is the race director...this turned out to be my first ever road race win...but I had a hard time celebrating as I ran what I consider a poor time and was in a bit of pain most of the way. Then this past weekend I ran a local 5K (2,500 + registered) and once again ran what I felt was a poor time for me and was in pain for most of the race...I got lucky with a 3rd AG finish...a couple of the usual fast guys in my AG didn't show for this one so I was surprised by the AG award and a friend picked it up since I didn't stick around. And this weekend coming I have the Sugarloaf 15K scheduled, I had actually thought about running the full marathon but can't even consider it now with this issue I'm dealing with. Enough whining, I'm pretty much one who hates to whine as it too often sounds like excuses, so I would rather not post unless I can post something positive, even a not so good race when I can pinpoint some reason other than a consistent pain in the butt. Wink This is the forum I love though and I'll be back posting soon I hope... Confused
            Maine - We love to hear from you regardless if you're running. Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dude you cannot possibly be off running longer than me! Just post about not running stuff, or other people's running, or the weather even! So far they have put up with my posts for now . . . errr . . . 98 days Sad Oh well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yes, what has already been said, stay in touch, we miss you. I totally agree and understand--that's why I think people like Twocat and Tim, et al, who post and support everyone else when they aren't running or aren't running well, are saints. Here's to a speedy recovery--sounds a little akin to Erika's issue, no? grins and healing hopes! A.
                Masters 2000 miles
                  p.s.--you might be needed soon. Srage ran a bench warrants amnesty round-up but Tramps got the date wrong and is back on the lam. He may be heading north (I have it on good authority he prefers to run in cooler limes, and Virginia in May ain't chillin'). shhhhhhh, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  Tramps

p.s.--you might be needed soon. Srage ran a bench warrants amnesty round-up but Tramps got the date wrong and is back on the lam. He may be heading north (I have it on good authority he prefers to run in cooler limes, and Virginia in May ain't chillin'). shhhhhhh, A
                    Hey Amy, I just saw this! I thought we were friends. Grrrr. Maine, you've done Mt. Washington before, right? Any advice....besides go slow...and then slow down? It's gradually dawning on my that this is gonna hurt...big time. I'm doing lots of hills and even have access to a treadmill for a few weeks so I can run with the incline cranked up. I'm just trying to get though this still moving; no worries about time. Let's try to at least say "hi" in person next month.

Be safe. Be kind.

Hey Amy, I just saw this! I thought we were friends. Grrrr. Maine, you've done Mt. Washington before, right? Any advice....besides go slow...and then slow down? It's gradually dawning on my that this is gonna hurt...big time. I'm doing lots of hills and even have access to a treadmill for a few weeks so I can run with the incline cranked up. I'm just trying to get though this still moving; no worries about time. Let's try to at least say "hi" in person next month.
                      Tramps I think that his race is all about endurance and not trying to "run" up the hill too hard. One of my goals last year was to try to run all the way up...DUH...and after about 3.5 miles I realized I could be better served by "speed walking" a bit as an older gent sped by me doing just that. The other very interesting thing I found was that recovery was instant. As soon as I finished other than being a bit tired, my legs were absolutely fine...no residual effects whatsover. I agree we need to at least say hi, have you arranged your ride down yet? I may be able to help you out on that.
                      Tramps

Thanks, Maine. Yeah, I'll be doing some walking, no doubt about that. The "speed" part though...maybe not so much. Tongue "Instant recovery" sounds nice...and a little too good to be true! I just need to survive in good enough shape to go hiking in the Whites the following week! Should be an interesting experience; I'm looking forward to it. I see from your log that you did a sub 1:40 last year which seems excellent! I'm all set on a ride, thanks. I'll be up visiting nearby family, so we'll have a car and my DW will drive up. We picked up a couple of passengers for the way down from the message board so I think we're good to go. Drop me a note as we get closer and we can arrange to say hi. My email is: Tramps2 at gmail dot com

Be safe. Be kind.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I still say you people are NUTS for trying to run/walk up a hill that my car struggled to climb! Wink
                          evanflein

Mainerunnah! Amy is right, and you know there were times you mentioned this condition before Boston and it sounded at the time a lot like what I was going through. Don't try to run through it, take it from me it just comes on hard to take you down. Sounds like Sciatica... my nemesis these days. Going on four weeks of no running but I'm finally able to get back into it this week. Take care of that...
                            Henrun

Hey, Bob. We're going to be at the L Street water stop at Berkely and Commonwealth on Sunday. Hope we see you. Henrun and Marj
                              coastwalker

Mainerunnah! Sounds like Sciatica... my nemesis these days. Going on four weeks of no running but I'm finally able to get back into it this week.
                                The last time I had sciatica was about 5-6 years ago. I went for acupuncture treatments twice a week for 4 weeks, and that did it. I've only had one or two brief, mild bouts of sciatica since then. I know that acupuncture doesn't work for everyone in every situation, but I'd give it a try and see what happens. The downside is that many insurance policies don't cover it. The upsides are that the treatments are usually not expensive, and that if it doesn't work, there are no side-effects or after-effects to worry about. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.