mrrun has a cold

Dave59 did a 25:55 5k

C-R did an easy 10K with a tweaked back

Quickadder is not jinxed; 13.9 at a 10:12 average pace

twocat 1 hour elliptical

RunnerKSA 5.2

Henrun 6.4 on along the scenic Charles

pfriese 24:28 5K

HollyS 3 and a "men are wussies" comment but with a smiley icon so its all good

SteveP 6 dog miles replete with photos

MikeE 8

Stumpy 3.1

Tammy 3

Tramps 44 mile bike

Falcon 45 mile bike/7 mile run

spacity 5 on trails

runr_nut 10th place overall/2nd age group

I did 4; going to go wotk in my classroom a bit and run later. Also try to start the weedeater for the first time thjis year.

Tailwinds (and have a greta day)

coastwalker

Mornin' Bioguy & everyone.

Thanks for the start, Bioguy. Sorry if you have to spend part of a beautiful Sunday in the classroom.

Bob Newhart may have been underappreciated because he was so understated.

Great racing, Dave, Pfriese, Runr-nut, and C-R's kiddo!

You made it, Quickadder!

Interesting to see Towcat's and Holly's different interpretation of the article Marj posted. I guess I'd better read it.

Sorry about the lingering colds, aches, and injuries. But it seems everyone is being smart, learning lessons, so hopefully everyone will be back to norm soon.

Great photo of DD, Holly, with a great smile. Congrats to her on her goal.

Falconfixer, I tried to page-back when I lost my post here yesterday, but it had vanished into the vapors.

Another great photo-essay, Steve. I laughed at all the 'after' pictures.

We had a great time in Portland with DN yesterday - beautiful weather, great exhibits at the museum, and fun walking around town. The only downside was that we got out of the museum too late to get to Central Provisions for lunch, but we found some other local dive that did the job. Today, we'll take a leisurely drive up the Maine coast, stopping at the home of Stonewall Kitchens along the way, and strolling the Marginal Way in Ogunquit. We'll look for a scenic little ocean-side place for lunch along the way.

I thought hard about going back to sleep after feeding the cat this morning, but I just kept moving and found myself out the back door before I knew what happened. I went 6.9 RW miles, trying to keep up a good pace on tired legs, with only marginal success. But it was a nice morning (37° and clear), and it was good to be out.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Morning bioguy and Jay and all to follow.

Nice pic Holly. They grow up fast.

Love the pics Steve. You sure know how to have fun with the pups.

Sorry about the work bio. I sadly will need to do some as well today between all the other stuff.

Sounds like a lovely trip Jay.

Got a quick 6.3 this morning. Back was feeling proper. Glad I skipped the marathon. Boys are being inducted into NHS today so that's big. Managed to install a new garage door opener yesterday and DW is pleased as punch. That may give me a card to go play golf this evening. One thing I enjoy about being on Eastern time here is the daylight last so long.

Hope all you with colds are on the mend.

Happy Sunday. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

This cough/cold is knocking the heck out of me too!! Darn buggers!!

Thought I was going to put a big fat 0 in the weekly column for running this week, but dragged myself out to the local 5k I had signed up to run before I was sick. It's a small race to honor a local runner who was killed while running a few years ago. So sad.

.5 warm-up. 5k in 27:23 - not my best time, but the best I had in me for today

ETA - official time 27:19 72/350 overall 20/217F, 4/34 50-59

Holly - your daughter is beautiful!

SteveP - great pics of your doggies!!

Sorry to hear so many others also struck with this nasty URI and various injuries!! Healing vibes to all!!

I think I'm going back to bed!!

denise

evanflein

SteveP, what hosting site do you use for your photos? Since photobucket started charging for third party posting I don't do pictures anymore. I know Holly copies over from Facebook, but I'm hardly on FB anymore either it seems.

I did get outside for a run yesterday, 5.7 miles and the two miles coming back up the hill felt really hard! Feels like some running fitness is coming back but I've got a loooong way to go still.

Congrats to your son, C-R, that's great! And yes, Holly's daughter has sure changed from that bicycle riding kid in boots yelling "Go Mommy!" And seeing pictures of Tammy's son always takes me by surprise. When did these kids grow up so much??

Deez, hope you feel better soon. All of you with spring colds, I hope they go away soon because this is a terrible time of year to be sick! (ok, there's no good time, but you know what I mean)

Your kids are doing great, Norm.  That's terrific!

3.8 slow treadmill miles.  Raining outside.

Early this morning a naked gunman shot up a Waffle House here in the Nashville area and killed 4 people before a brave customer disarmed him.  He got away and hasn't been caught yet-  naked.    What is going on in the world?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Early this morning a naked gunman shot up a Waffle House here in the Nashville area and killed 4 people before a brave customer disarmed him.  He got away and hasn't been caught yet-  naked.    What is going on in the world?

I read about that. I like how the guy who disarmed him was brutally honest that it was a "selfish act", because he didn't want to get killed! Sometimes what's good for the goose is good for the gander! He's a hero nonetheless.

I didn't even mention that we had another killing a couple blocks from me Thursday night. The gang war is under full swing with retaliations and counter retaliations here. And it's not even hot weather yet. Once Summer truly gets here we're going to see a lot more. I heard shots and sirens again last night, but haven't seen anything in the news. At least there's a plausible motive for the shootings where I live, the guy in Nashville sounds like yet another crazy person who was able to get a gun.

Of more relevance, I'm taking another day off 'cuz bad achilles. Better undertrained than tore up.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I just read a news update on the Waffle House shooting. They at least know who the lunatic is. I hope they catch him soon.

deez4boyz I hope you get well soon. Colds are a drag any time of the year. But it just seems to be unfair to have one arrive after the worst of winter departs.

coastwalker and Falconfixer losing a long RA post is really frustrating. I wish they would install an autosave feature. It would be a huge help.

SteveP terrifying pictures! All that S-N-O-W!!!!  No, no, no!

Got home late last night. Not surprisingly, I woke up late this morning. Did an hour on the elliptical. Made a few items to last the week (breakfast egg bake and Irish brown bread). Then DW and I went grocery shopping. Dinner will be clams, risotto and asparagus. In between all that I have several student reports to read.  I guess I should go read them. 

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, Twocat (and Jay), I should know better.  Would lose them in the runner's world forums as well.  At one point was so bad that I would type it out in Word (bonus, could scroll on the web site for things I forgot/missed) then copy/paste.  Here is that goofy control v thing so....

For me a quick post before I get ready for Mass.  Biked 27 miles, most with a smaller/slower group than yesterday (thank goodness!).  Sundays are "coffee rides" and we'll go out and on the way back stop somewhere (today it was Starbucks) for coffee and to swap stories.  Always fun.  After brunch in my apartment, out to the base for an 8+ mile run (and walk).  Wasn't concerned with pace...mainly pain management on my knee.  Which should be enough to tell me to back off and let it heal.  May happen this week while I'm in Montgomery.

Hopefully back later, have a great night everyone (if I don't)!

...yeah, he came in wearing Only a jacket, which he threw off when he fled,

then

apparently

went to his apt and put on PANTS......and took off again

....my first thought was PCP..........sounds a lot like  the '80s....

.............violent, semi-rational and for some reason, they Loved to get nekkid

=============

token 30-min X-bike ride

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Norm - Congrats to your boys!

SteveP - Love the doggie pics.

Jay - That does sound like a lovely trip....

Up early this morning (for a Sunday) to get out the door by 6:30 for my LR.  This cold that I have didn't help much, and it sure wasn't a confidence-builder for marathon-fitness (way too many walk breaks), but the weather was pretty nice and I got 'er done.  Now to (sort of) taper for the marathon in 2 weeks.

20 miles in 42-47 breezy degrees.

Then a quick shower and off to church and then lunch with the in-laws, DS and his GF, DD, DH and myself.  Now I have my stepdad and stepmom visiting while I cook homemade taquitos and Mexican rice.  I will need to remote in to work and put a couple of hours in before bedtime, then head to bed to get ready for that nightmare  challenging last-week-of-the-month of one of the busiest months I have had at this job, with the added stress of having been on vacation for the first week.  Wish me luck!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bioguy

Graded papers for 3 hours ans ran 5 miles. Cooking lentil cauliflower tacos. Life is good. Marathon is next Saturday; continually questioning my readiness.

Tailwinds!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

What a difference a week makes.  Last week, there was so much snow it was impossible to run outside.  Today, I ran 6 miles under sunny skies and 61°.

Okay--gotta go. See ya!

5 easy recovery miles this afternoon then a few laps in the pool. Water temp was 72, same as the air temp but I'll take it!

Sorry Holly, no left over chicken!

spacityrunner

4.3 around the neighborhood in the late afternoon sunshine.  Quite the rainstorm came through last night (all night long) and everything seemed fresh and clean.  At one point a deer ran across the road in front of me..pretty fast....and I could hear his hoofs slipping and sliding on the blacktop..and they way he was twisting to stay upright I thought he was going to head right for me at a very high rate of speed...but he made it across and didn't mow me down.  Whew!

Trails Rock!