Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 06/07/09 (Read 284 times)

Tallies later . . . .

Eliz - Ran four times and mileage is slowly creeping back up:  ran 11.3; walked 1.0; stretched a lot 

Erica - 3.7 miles run, 2.8 miles walking, 6 miles on the Elliptical (50 minutes) and 2 x weight training (50 minutes)

dg - 27.2 running miles, mystery # of walking miles, 2 hrs. assorted strength training, 50 min. ellipticalling. 

Evryday - 18 running miles

Nono - 19 mi running, 25 min slideboarding, 25 min yoga, 20 min misc. strength/stretch, 3.5 min ocean swimming (Used Editor's discretion to remove comment re ocean swimming "wus that I am.")

Dutchie - Weekly mileage: 7K running, UB: 1x, Abs: 4x, Dancing: 4.5 hours in high heels (does it count double for wearing the heels?) (Editor's Opinion: Yes, dancing in high heels counts AT LEAST as double)

Fatozzig - 34.5 running, 30 min stationary bike, 2 hrs. core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest ------------------------------------------------------> Done!

Tues - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats --------------------------> Nope.  Calf issues.

Wed - 30+ min cycling; strength/core --------------------> 40 min cycling to "Forrest Gump" + 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - 6 hilly miles -------------------------------------------> 6.15 miles w/some hills

Fri - 30+ min cycling; strength/core -----------------------> 30 min cycling, 45 min core/strength

Sat - 18 trail miles ---------------------------------------------> 18.20 trail miles in 4:43

Sun - 10 trail miles --------------------------------------------> 9.25 trail miles

Totals: 6.15 road running miles, 27.45 trail running miles, 70 min cycling, 1.75 hours core/strength.

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MONDAY:  Back-to-back podiatrist appointment and then PT.  I think they had a bet going to see who could hurt me more.  Laying low the rest of the evening.

TUESDAY:  stretched dutifully; ran 2.7; walked 1.0; stretched some more

WEDNESDAY - stretching and torture at PT; therapist says no running today, so core strength stuff later tonight

THURSDAY - PT was less traumatic, so I managed to run 3.5 and walk 1.0; and of course more stretching (call me Gumby!)

FRIDAY - tired of the rain and just plain tired; rest

SATURDAY - ran 4.2 and walked 1.0; glorious spring morning and NO PAIN!!!

SUNDAY - spent an hour paddling in the kayak; ran 2.0; walked 1.0; minimal pain; stretching, as usual

ran 12.4; walked 1.0; ran 4x for the second week in a row - yippie; seem to be managing the tendonitis thing

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Thanks Leslie....
          Monday................6miles.....6miles 

Tuesday..............6miles.....rest
          Wednesday........6miles.....6miles
          Thursday............rest...........rest
          Friday..................6miles.....painted the house
          Saturday.............rest..........yard word
          Sunday...............9miles....painted the house and more yard work

Total...12

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Beginner all over again

Howdy Folks. 

Sunday..... ..........33min  bike ride (finally actually XT'd again)

Monday................33 min Jog 40sec /walk 60sec,  (2.1 miles, fast pace for me actually)

Tuesday...............

Wednesday..........

Thursday..............

Friday....................

Saturday...............

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, for starting us up and making the effort.

Mon... 2h30 long run that I should've done yesterday -> did 20.3K on an out&back loop. Out: 1:16:12 covering 10.15K. I was faster running back, having 39min left for the last 5K feeling really good, when my R-knee really started to hurt a lot, screaming ITB at me. Had to stop every couple hundred meters to stretch. Despite that, I managed to run back in 1:14: 35. My half is in two weeks, no time for injuries (stupid high heels). 

Tue.... 20 min recovery run + 30 min UB + abs -> only abs to give my knee/ITB a rest.

Wed... 60 min easy run + 30 min LB standing ex. ->7K interval run plus the 30min UB I was supposed to do yesterday and an 18 min ab w/o.

Thu..... 60 min easy run + 30 min shoulders/triceps (they need the extra work) + abs ->11min of shoulder work and 20 min of triceps. Boy, do they feel worked now.

Fri...... 30 min easy run + 20 min LB weighted floor ex. ->nothing to report

Sat..... 60 min easy run + 30 min UB + abs -> 7K tempo run with Jimmy&Spooky plus a 10 min ab w/o

Sun..... 2h40 long run ->skipped it. letting my ITB get some rest. Probably not the cleverest thing to do as I have a half marathon next Sunday.

Total mileage: 34.3K

UB: 2x

Abs: 3x

LB:0x

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

(stupid high heels). 

Amen!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hang in there, Dutchie. You'll recover from that ordeal soon enough.

Heading to Anchorage this weekend for a soccer tournament; hope to be able to get my long run in on Saturday if not the usual Sunday.

Monday: XT in the garden (no running, lots of walking, raking, stooping, squatting, etc)

Tuesday: 5.4 miles after work, .25 mile walk c/d, more garden work

Wednesday: 8.55 miles, first 6.5 at 8:37 avg pace, last 2.05 miles at just under 9:25 (uphill); .3 mile walk c/d

Thursday: Spent all afternoon and into the evening working in the garden and yard... no time for a run!

Friday: 5 hot miles in an overheated cardio room in Anchorage; .66 mile walk w/u and c/d

Saturday: 16 miles, 8:37 avg pace, 1 mile walk cool down. Great day, very good run!

Sunday: 8 miles of hills, 8:29 avg pace; .25 mile walk

Totals: 43 miles run, about 3 miles walking and lots of gardening (got it done, yeah!!)

Renee the dog

Mon - slide board 5 min, yoga 25 min, foam roller/thighmaster/stretching 15 min

Tues- ran 3 mi, .2 mi of strengthening drills (core and legs)

Wed- ran 3.2 mi

Thurs- 30 min. slide boarding, 10 min strength/stretch, 60 min. myofascial massage

Fri- ran 3

Sat- ran 3, 10 min stretches

Sun- ran 5

Total- ran 17.4 mi, slideboard 35 min, yoga 25 min, strength/stretch/bodywork 95 min.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

thanks Leslie!

hi everybody.   sorry I missed this week.

ugh, & meh.

21.3 miles running, some walking, 35 min. on the bike & about 1.75 hrs. assorted strength training.  lots of yard work, but no house painting.