Masters Running

Monday, 1.9.17 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I have to make this quick so I can get to my 8AM meeting on time.

I like Evanflein's suggestion to just eat 'real' food. And I like that others here have and shop at winter farmer's markets - there is nothing like fresh veggies (root and otherwise) in the middle of winter!

We saw a special on PBS a few nights ago about coyotes, some of which are mating with wolves, and are becoming a lot more urbanized to the extent that some establish their dens on unused land by the side of some highways. Adaptable creatures, aren't they?

Keep up the good running/walking, indoors and out. Holly, that 15-miler on a TM is a testament to your fortitude. And Evanflein, that photo says nothing but cold!

Great rescue, Batman. Sorry that Tag is ailing.

I got in an extra mile+ during my snowblower workout yesterday to bring me to 6+ for the day. This morning, I went 5.35 walking miles in 7F temps (-8 WC) with YakTraks because a lot of the roadside snow had frozen. Toward the end, my hands were getting seriously cold, so I was glad to get back inside. Tomorrow won't be quite so cold, thank goodness.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - you show some serious fortitude yourself, getting out there in those temps.

Erika - way to go on your 10 hilly miles in super-frigid conditions, then getting on the TM for 7 more.  You are tougher than I am, getting out in that sort of cold.

Spincah - glad to see you back.

{{{Tag}}}

18 degrees this morning when I woke up felt like a heat wave.  Okay, not really, but that would have been so much better yesterday for a LR.

No run today, though, swimming instead - 50 lengths (25 laps) and about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 on the tm today because the car battery died due to the cold weather so I took it as an omen to stay inside where it is warm. Back to work this afternoon. Boo.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Tramps

Erika—brrrr.  You’re tough.

Steve—I’ve never heard of headlamps on dogs but it makes so much sense.  Great pic.

Jay— someone else told me about that coyote special, so I streamed it later.  Worth a watch, if others are interested.

Slippy 5 miler for me.  12F but not much wind.  I’m traveling the rest of the week so I will be scarce here.

Be safe. Be kind.

..mornin' guys//.............yep, ericka is One Tough Runner.........

..........30's here today, bumping 70 by Thursday>>>>>>>>>>ya gotta Love It.......

============

30-min X-Bike Standing today,

didn't feel

like getting Wet then Cold, so will PoolRun tomorrow...........(WimpVille)

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

catwhoorg

Labrat

With ice remnants still hanging round I adjusted my lunchtime run today.

Shorter, slower and on rounds which were mostly clear in the office park. Still some very slick spots I walked over though.

4 miles.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

C-R

Cross training day today so only 1.5 miles to move the legs.

The dog pics gave me a smile.Hope Tag gets better soon.

Seems this group is experiencing some cold temps and in true masters fashion pretty much carrying on, Very appropriate.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You freezing weather runners are my heroes.  Especially freezing weather runners with ice cycles hanging off their eyelashes. 

Steve - Have you asked the vet if there's a supplement you can give Tag, like glucosamine (sp?)) ?

I played hooky today.  After working every weekend except three from Oct thru Dec, I don't feel guilty.  Got in about 45 min of core/ST.  Tried to do my box jump exercise and YEEOW!!  That definitely hurt the hammy.  Waiting patiently for my PT appt Wednesday.

Today is a no rain day so far, but it's supposed to hit us hard starting tonight through tomorrow.  Lots of flooding in various areas around NorCal, including where my brother is.  The pumping under the house has begun!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Went out when the rain stopped.  Only did 2 miles, but that's ok.  Legs are tired and one calf is a bit tight.  Tomorrow I will do 5 miles to keep on track with my goal.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

pfriese

Easy 6 miles to the park & back. The temps here are much better, but the wind is howling. Springlike conditions tomorrow before another round of winter comes through. This time an ICE event starting Thursday evening and going through Sunday. Either I'll have to find the yaktraks or it will be the treadmill again.

Paul

flats

turtle runner eximious

6+ TM miles for me. Gym membership seemed lighter tonight.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run for me tonight.  I had a chiropractor appointment after work, was stuck in traffic because of a couple inches of snow, shoveled the driveway, ate supper. calmed myself down after making the mistake of reading an email from my boss, looked up Eric's court hearing time and spent a few minutes explaining to Eric how important it is to be on time, now, it's time to watch some football...oh, and have something to drink.

That's it.  See ya!

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

No run for me tonight.  I had a chiropractor appointment after work, was stuck in traffic because of a couple inches of snow, shoveled the driveway, ate supper. calmed myself down after making the mistake of reading an email from my boss, looked up Eric's court hearing time and spent a few minutes explaining to Eric how important it is to be on time, now, it's time to watch some football...oh, and have something to drink.

That's it.  See ya!

You deserve that drink. Is it water, beer, tea, coffee???? . I am sure it won't be wine Smile

2 easy miles for me tonight.  I was planning to go for more, but it was wayyy too icy underneath the new snow, even the yaktracks did not feel safe.  I could have used the TM, but the Easy Pacer was running and i did not want to bump him out of his session. Se La Vi.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mike E, how'd your chiropractor appointment go? That was a great story about the neighbor kid and his wedding. I think a lot of us would've liked to say "don't be home before 5" but didn't dare.

Icy eyelashes are over-rated. But it was good to get outside yesterday. We've got a cold snap coming in later this week that could be very severe. I think I'll still try to get outside, but we'll see. As for me, 4.1 easy miles on the treadmill tonight on tired legs.

SteveP

Fatozzig, Tag's food has glucosamine in it. I'll check to see if more isn't better. His feelings weren't too hurt that I went out without him after work.

MikeE, a couple of years ago, I worked for your boss's evil twin. I'd like to see something different for you.

I could have skipped the run. I didn't. Though it was only 2 1/4 miles, it was my 3rd consecutive day. Now I need to work of improving on the old guy shuffle.

Two years ago, I was delivering windows and doors. One door was $100,000.00. After I left, a couple of customers jumped ship with their interior door orders. It really surprised me. Today I saw a fair sized window order for another builder I used to enjoy delivering to. On more than one occasion, he's popped into my office and said he was in a bind and I helped him out. I hope this isn't a one time thing.

SteveP