Masters Running

Bay of Fundy Marathon (finally) (Read 45 times)

dg.

busy at work, so just skimmed, but can't stop smiling.    : DBig grin

Great pictures.  What a beautiful area!  What a course!  Congratulations on your race and the great time you had on the trip!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

WTG, Stumpy! You are a marathoner.  I do hope you'll do another to take advantage of the lessons learned from this one.  However, even experienced marathoners will tell you that the last 6 miles are always tough.  But then, so are you. Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

What an awesome report!  You are so right that the marathon weekend is so much more than just the race.  Sounds like you picked a tough one for the first marathon, but what a great event that town put on! Congratulations, Marathoner!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

You did it! Great report stumpy, it sounds like a great race.  Now that makes me want to put a marathon on my bucket list.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

...yeah,

this is one of those RR's that just makes you Smile..........

Nice Racing stumpy//////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

What a great report!!  Congratulations, Stumpy.  You did an awesome job, especially in light of picking such a hard course for your first marathon.  Now all the rest will seem like pieces of cake!!  An all-around wonderful weekend that you will remember and smile about for years to come.

Love the sign "Go! Random Stranger, Go!"  Classic.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance