Masters Running

Running some (Read 322 times)

TomD

Well, I finally ran on Saturday. I got in 5 miles at a good pace for me. I intend on running the Andrew Jackson Marathon on Saturday. I will not run a very good time, but it is time for me to start running marathons again. I will see many friends and make new ones as I always do. I will get better with each week. I have 5 marathons and one ultra scheduled the next 7 weekends. I hope to train very hard this summer as I usually do and have a great Fall of marathons and ultras again. The pass two nights have been difficult and I have slept very little. Maybe focusing on the Marathons now will help. I sure hope so. Thank you for the miles and the caring post Wildchild. TomD
    evanflein

I think you're right. You need to get back to doing what you do. Donna wouldn't want it any other way, I'm sure.
        I am SO happy to see your post Tom. Be with friends this weekend, run, and don't even look at the time for this one. You'll have Donna with you at every mile.
        Tramps

Yay, Tom! Good to hear you'll be out there again on Saturday. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Be safe. Be kind.

nowor

I've been thinking of you, so thanks for writing and letting us know you're running again. Just like the weather some days and nights will be better than others. You will prevail.

Renee the dog

Tom, I ran a 10K the day after my Dad's funeral last August. It's good to do. Even though it is not the same as losing your Donna, we were tight, yet, I ran and he never did. I felt like that day he finally got to feel what I feel when I'm out there in a race. He still runs with me a lot now. Best wishes for a fulfilling experience at Andrew Jackson...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hi Tom, So glad you were able to get out and run. Can't believe you have that many marathons and an ultra scheduled but I hope you find peace and comfort with every step you take!! Know that we're thinking of yoU!!

denise

SteveP

Thank you for posting Tom. One step at a time

SteveP

I believe you'll find new strength for this marathon, Tom. It may not be your fastest (and yet it may) but I believe you'll feel that strength that comes from within. A healing kind of strength. Let us know how it goes. And 5 marathons and an ultra in the next 7 weeks!! Shocked That's incredible!
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Glad to hear this Tom. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Tom, thanks for posting and letting us know you're running. We remain with you in our thoughts and will be with you in your upcoming marathons. TomS
                          Hi Tom, According to Ilene's intrepid racers, you're running the CMM next Sat. along w/ me and 29,998 others. (I'm only doing the 1/2). I'll be looking for you at the finish line! I'm proud you are doing all these. They will help with the healing process.
                          coastwalker

Hi Tom, I too, am glad to know that you are back running. I think it'll be very good for your physical, mental, and emotional health. I hope your race this weekend is one that you feel good about afterward, regardless of your finishing time. I'll be thinking of you, and looking forward to your post-race report. You seem to be starting the healing process, so stay well, and keep moving forward. Donna will remain in your head and in your heart, and that is a good thing. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Wise decision Tom. Best wishes to you. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

I will see many friends and make new ones as I always do. I will get better with each week.
                                Yes, you will. I'm so glad you're getting out there again, and yes, I believe Donna will be with you, too.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."