Masters Running

Thursday the 13th (July) (Read 35 times)

No recap, but loving the pictures and updates.

3.1 this morning.  Humid and awful.   2 miles after work on the dreadmill because the margarita get-together I was going to got postponed!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

5.14 miles this morning.  Already 77° with 74° dew point.

I found my Road ID under a bookcase and my tablet dried out and started working again.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4210/35087314173_5d32af8e90_o.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4262/35087300283_75c19c1a32_o.jpg

RCG, of course I remember that day fondly! Good memories from those days and of a visit by Byll to AA as well.

The rain stopped in time for a mid morning run, but when I stepped outside it was so warm and humid that I felt like I couldn't breathe! So I went to the gym instead and ran 5 on the TM. It was even humid in there and I was really dripping at the end.

I entered a trail 5K for Saturday. The weather looks good but expecting muddy conditions.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...all this talk about biking got to me......

=========

90s here

got out the bike,

lit up the fore and aft blinking lights,

did a left side mount due to hip,

pedalled off

20-min later......

The Heavens Opened Up

I was TOTALLY soaked in about 2-minutes

winds gusted to 20-miles and hour

and then

Hail started bouncing off my helmet

got

my tukus back to the house

and

as soon as I got there...........The Sun came back out

I can take a hint,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

and I cancelled my Spandex Order

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 in "feels like" of 95.

That one hurt today. Thankfully tomorrow is a rest day to get ready for my race (YAY been ages) on Saturday morning

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

C-R

Glad your tablet is working again Dave.

Hot and humid here too. Ran 5 and felt like 10.

Not big on spandex but need the padding for the bike. Some really good trail riding shorts that also have a pad liner.

Muddy trail race sounds like fun Roch.

TW - someone definitely wanted you on the indoor trainer today.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No recap, but loving the pictures and updates.

3.1 this morning.  Humid and awful.

I'm taking KSA's post again.  3.1 lake loop miles, not quite as humid as DAve's, but about the same ratio of temp to dew point.  Bleh.

Joy, joy on the car front, however.  DW's Forester swallowed a valve and damaged the head on one side.  Estimate of $2800 , to go with the headgasket replacemnt of a couple of months ago.  Which was a couple of months AFTER the extended warranty ended   Go figure.

I don't have to worry about Dave's cartoon.  No thinking involved once i start running.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Head Procrastinator

Flyby here

<waving at RCG>

Tramps, find a group to ride with, way more fun. I MTB too and while I stink at it they are the warmest most welcoming people ever. Love my MTB buddies. Oh yeah, and people ask how you walk around in that spandex? Don't look in the mirror Smile

And get a second opinion, PT and possibly a shot of synvisc.

Love that OZ cartoon Big grin

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Made it to Norris Lake to the beautiful house, went tot the grocery and now dinner is cooking while we enjoy the deck.  Not sure how much running will happen but I brought my gear and have hopes of a run early before we head out on the pontoon.

3.8 mile this morning before the skies opened up and thunderboomers sent me home.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59 I LOVE that second cartoon!

I went out in conditions close to Dave59's. The dew point at my place was 73° when I left the house this morning. I slogged out 6 miles. Later on I ran (okay drove) some errands. On my way into one store it started raining cats and dogs. Alas, that did not wash the moisture out of the air. It is still swamp like. Well, tomorrow is an elliptical day and that means working out in air conditioning. Not all bad. Still not as good as going out to run, whatever the dew point.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6 miles tonight.  It sure is easier to run when it's 66o than 90o.

Tomorrow, is our cross country picnic where we go over the team rules and policies for the upcoming season.  We do it early, while there is still time for those kids who have not been running since school let out, to get off their butts and get themselves ready.  Each coach takes a certain topic to go over and I have chosen our lettering policy.  It's going to be hard to not go with the old, "when I was a kid" speech, but earning a varsity letter, today, has become so easy, it's ridiculous.  But, easy as it is...and even though we go over everything that is required...there are still kids, every year, who come to the end of the year banquet, shocked and disappointed that they did not letter...and, of course the parents are just as shocked and disappointed.  Things sure have changed since I was a kid.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Feels muggy here, too, but mainly smoky. We have forest fires northeast of us and the smoke just settles in the valley here. Bleh. Got out for 5.3 miles at lunchtime, and it took me 15 minutes to cool off and stop sweating when I got back.

Have fun, Holly, I hope you have good weather!

spacityrunner

4 sunset miles on the mountain, after the storm rolled through.  I wanted to do it in an hour...1:02 for a 15:18 m/m.  Close...oh so close   Lots of deer and cobwebs with one spider dangling from the brim of my hat as I destroyed his housing .  Storm managed to drop the temps about 15 degrees to about 75,  but oh that humidity still hung around...85%....drip drip drip

Trails Rock!