Masters Running

August Masters Miles (Read 51 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

"I want to thank the rest of you for making me look normal."   ~ Gordon Ainsleigh

Another month come and gone...   time to post your monthly mileage and any PRs or AG awards.  Also feel free to post swimming and cycling miles, and anything else you keep track of!    Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals.

I'm at 181 miles right now - to end on a prime number I either need to run zero or 10 miles today...   hmmm...   I really wanted 5-6 since I'm running long tomorrow.

Here's a picture from a run two weeks ago up on the Continental Divide trail - this is at about 13,000 ft.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

I bet the air was cool and dry in that picture!  Beautiful.  Thanks for the thread.

A good month for me.  Thankfully, this summer’s weather has not been brutal.

266.1 miles for August.  I just realized this is my 5th best mileage month ever.

Also a 10-mile PR at 1:16:19.   I still need to run one of these in cooler weather.

Be safe. Be kind.

SubDood

Hey, I'll jump in. 217 miles for August -- looks prime-ish to me. (I ran 16 today instead of my planned 14.5, just because I felt good. If 217 is, in fact, prime, it was purely luck. My actual total is 216.5, and I rounded up to 217 -- does it still count?  Wait!! It's divisible by 7! Nevermind!!)

I ran a PR on August 17, finishing 3rd in my age group. Madison Mini (half marathon) in 1:28:33. Madison, Wisconsin! Great town, great race, great party afterwards, followed by my cousin's wedding!

Lastly, the 7 cats we are fostering (mother and 6 kittens) all got spayed and neutered 2 days ago. That's 7 cats -- prime number!!

evanflein

Also a 10K PR at 1:16:19.   I still need to run one of these in cooler weather.

Hmmm... I haven't run yet, but calling Tramps out on that PR... you sure that's not supposed to be 10 miles?

Tramps

Hmmm... I haven't run yet, but calling Tramps out on that PR... you sure that's not supposed to be 10 miles?

Oops....fixed.  Blush

Thanks.

Be safe. Be kind.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm at 191 miles. If only August had 32 days.... at least it's a prime number though.

2nd AG at a hilly half, 1507.8 miles YTD. Well on my way to that elusive 2k mark. Thanks Carolyn!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

55.9 for me.  Only thing positive I can say is that it's a little more than July at least.  Better find some mojo soon or I'm going to embarrass myself at Jay's half.  Black eye

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Boy, she's tough, today...

I had an okay month.  I had one race and didn't get close to a PR or win anything.  I did start my new training plan for my next marathon...I think I like it...anyway--here's my August miles...

August: 196

2013: 1484

TammyinGP

Only 48 miles for me, but that's almost twice what I did last month, so guess I'm moving in the right direction.

One 5K race, 2nd AG.

thanks!

Tammy

Year to date  826 miles

Aug      105 miles

Thanks, wild

TomS

Good month for me---feeling like the cross training and running is coming together and not as sore as when I started with Cross Fit

319.3 miles

6k PR---25:11 (old PR was a 26:23 and the first time I raced a 6k---just last year---hoping to get under 25 next time Smile Wink

evanflein

Heh, Mike, don't get me started.... Wink

Nice mileage, Karin! I can't imagine over 300 in a month.

235.6 for my August, which is the highest monthly mileage since July 2011 (which was 250). This is also my 4th month in a row >200 miles, so that's pretty cool (a first for me!).

1,486.8 for 2013 YTD

MM #7877

325 miles in August. It was a darn good month. Probably my best running month in 30 years. I also lost 21.8 pounds in August too.

Philippians 4:13.

I DID IT!!  I DID IT!! I DID IT!!  I finally hit 100 miles for the month - 1st time since March, Boston training ....total 101.6 for August!!

Did my 1st Olympic distance triathlon and think the 10k portion was actually a 10k pr for me at 53:53 -- cool number too!!

Thank you Caroline and that picture is SPECTACULAR!!!

denise

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

59 way below what  I planned.

I ready for cooler weather.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes