Masters Running

October 2018 Masters' Miles (Read 25 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to November.

The storms of late October have pulled the last of the yellow leaves off the trees and even the pines are showing some color and shedding needles as the foliage is gone, gone, gone.  The birds on the feeder are now mostly the rugged little guys who stay the winter...chickadees, nut hatches, and numerous little brown jobs.  The first spits of snow have mixed in recent rains, and morning frost on windshields is getting common. Runs are not yet up to full winter gear, but pants have replaced shorts most days, and the trips into the bottom drawer for warmer gear are frequent.

Late fall is here.

Time to post those hard-earned, cool, crisp October miles, race results and running achievements.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TammyinGP

85.3 enjoyable fall and smoke free miles for me!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck!  I’m not going to miss this month!

Oct: 257

YTD: 1912

spacityrunner

Finally some miles to report

october: 60.5

Trails Rock!

Quickadder

Miles for October = 117

YTD 1285

Attempted my first 50K trail race and recorded my first DNF when it was clear with a lap to go that I would not make the time limit.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

coastwalker

Hi Milktruck,

Thanks again for a good start to the monthly.

129 Oct. RW miles

- Great Island 5K; 1st, RW div

- Livingston Manor Half; 1/1 AG

Thanks,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

pfriese

Thanks milktruck

October - 230.3 miles

YTD - 2143

no races.

Paul

evanflein

Thanks for doing this, Milktruck. Is that a corn maze they're running through??

October was a pretty good month, although less than 200 miles for the first time in a few months. But that's ok.

190.1 for October, and my average pace dropped from the 9's in August and September (marathon training and Equinox, I guess) down to 8:36.

1369.7 YTD, so much better already than I was thinking this year would be after that rough start.

rmcj001

Thanks Miltruck!

151 October Miles, 1618 yearly miles.  16th overall and 2nd AG at Bizz Johnson Half marathon.

Ray

anneb

A corn maze race where you have to also carry a pumpkin? There's a twist I haven't seen.

I ran 162.9 miles in October, bringing YTD to 1257. It doesn't sound like a lot (even to me ) but it's way more than I thought I would have at the start of 2018. With any luck, I should log right around 1500 this year. Also, one trail half marathon, my first race in over a year.

Anne

177.3 miles with an AG award at the Lake Powell Half Marathon.  A good month.  Most miles of any month this year!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

SubDood

Thanks, milktruck!

150.4 mi for October, 2574.9 YTD

Got sick and didn’t run the Twin Cities Marathon (breaking a string of 5 consecutive TCMs). Ran the Mankato Marathon (also in MN) 2 weeks later and received the 2AG award. Hermosaboy also ran it and took the 3rd OA award, which bumped up my AG placement from 3rd to 2nd due to a “no double-dipping” rule. We were presented our awards by Dick Beardsley, which was pretty cool!

45.5 road to recovery miles (again )

denise

an amazing likeness

Another fairly light month, in terms of number of folks checking in, let's see if we can reverse that trend folks!

October 2018 summary from all who reported in...

+ MikeE runs the board, most miles and prime

+ 5 runners ended up with the Prime award, a big reversal from prior month's 0

+ SubDood nails the monthly median while marathoning around MN

Runner Oct dist Prime! Notable Notes
                              Mike E 257 ! .
                              pfriese 230 . .
                              evanflein 190 . 1st sub-200 month in a while
                              Opie 177 . AG half marathon & most monthly miles of 2018
                              anneb 163 ! Trail half marathon - 1st race in a year
                              rmcj001 151 ! 16OA & 2AG half marathon
                              SubDood 150 . 2AG Mankato marathon 
                              milktruck 149 ! Had to choose, 150mi or prime?
                              coastwalker 129 . 1st OA Racewalker 5K, 1AG half marathon
                              Quickadder 117 . Combined 1st 50K and 1st DNF into one epic day
                              TammyinGP 85 . Smoke cleared a bit
                              spacityrunner 61 ! .
                              deez4boyz 46 . Road to recovery miles…each one counts
                              average 147 . .
                              median 150 . .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TammyinGP

Thanks Milktruck!

Tammy