Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 05/24/09 (Read 346 times)

Hey Compadres! Tallies later . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks, Leslie. Getting back into the swing after admitting that racing and two weeks of working non-stop were too much for me. Trying to get consistent with 4 days/week running while keeping the AT under control.

Monday - ran 2.5; walked 2.0; stretching and quad/ankle strength from PT

Tuesday - strength/core 45 minutes

Wednesday - ran 3.0; walked 1.0; 1st PT session - got lots of stretches for calves and achillies - seem to be working, hooray!! Smile

Thursday - strength/core 45 minutes
      Friday - school trip; four performances, four roller coasters; I .. . . . am. . . . so. . . . .tired 

Saturday - ran a measley 1.3 and walked 1.1; stopped when the ankle started getting tight; lots o' stretching, just like the doctor ordered  Smile

Sunday - went kayaking for about an hour with my 6yo godson, most of the time against both the tide and the wind; fell asleep on the sofa until way after dark, so no running today

Lousy week in terms of miles at 6.8 running and 4.1 walking.  Good week in terms of good news from PT and getting out on the water with one of my boy-o's.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Goooooood Morning all Big grin

Thanks Leslie for starting the thread. Eliz: what's AT? Or did I miss something on another thread? Mon...UB, abs and a recovery run -> 30min UB, plus 10min abs and a 3.2K recovery run with Spooky and Jimmy. Though the second half wasn't exactly recovery pace due to Jimmy Confused Tue...restday because of an early meeting at work -> didn't do a thing Wink Wed...10K easy run -> only managed 7K. Doing a lot of walking..Somehow I couldn't make myself run continuously today. Sad, but true. Thu..... UB, abs and a 10K easy run -> nothing cause the day got away from me, but I did tidy up, clean, sorted through stuff that hasn't been used in a year (or more, and most of it is now ready to be taken to recycling. When I went to bed, Jimmy asked what time we'd be running tomorrow. Guess there's no way the day will get away from me tomorrow Wink Fri...... 5K warm up run plus LB -> 5K tempo run. Jimmy made me run hard! Sat..... abs and an 8.8K easy run ->   Ran 30:04min out, and made it back in 28:03minutes, covering 8.6K.  Sun.....cut back: 1h15 min long run -> had to wait till at least noon cause my June race is at 2PM and I need to acclimatise to the temp., but by then I was very busy in the back garden and I never made it out the door. Total mileage: 23.8K   UB: 1x Abs: 1x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie: AT = Achilles Tendon My running is a no go for the rest of the week. Got a cortisone shot in the ankle yesterday after the doc examined, x-rayed, listened to me, then decided it might be os trigonum. The shot didn't hurt until the numbing agent wore off last night. Ho-ly crap! Shocked It's feeling a tad better today, but I still don't feel like doing any pole dancing. Big grin Mon - Didn't get in 'til around midnight Tues - Strength/core - 1 hour Wed - 45 min stationary biking Thurs - Strength/core - 1 hour Fri - 1 hr stationary biking Sat - Yard sales and painting Sun - Yard work

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hi Leslie, Eliz and Dutchie! Leslie... your former life as a ballet dancer catching up to you? Wink Hope you get better soon!Hope to get back into running this week but I'm finding with soccer gearing up for the boys I have less and less time for me! Isn't this supposed to be easier as they get older?
            Monday: 35 min (4.21 miles) on the Elliptical, .4 mile walk c/d (PT appt in the morning)

Tuesday: 35 min (4.13 miles) on Elliptical, .36 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 4 miles easy pace, .6 mile walk c/d, stretching

Thursday: 22 min (2.38 miles) on Elliptical, .35 mile walk c/d; stretches and PT stuff; 30 min pool running after work.

Friday: 5.5 miles easy run, .6 mile walk c/d

Saturday: No workout today, but lots of soccer and general chasing around....

Sunday: 6 miles with hills, .3 mile walk and hours of yard work 

Totals: 15.5 miles running (yay!), 10.7 miles on the Elliptical (92 minutes), 30 mins. pool running, 3.1 miles walking and lots of yard work.

Leslie... your former life as a ballet dancer catching up to you? Wink
              Pole dancer, ballet dancer - it's all the same. Big grin

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

AT = achillies tendontis. It's not really achillies tendonitis; it's peroneal tendonitis, but it's inflamed tendons right next to the achillies tendons, and AT is easier to type. I'm wearing topical anti-inflammatories 24/7 (great stuff!) and going to physical therapy on Wednesday. Doc says I can still run, though, as long as I stretch extra-diligently.

flomotioncoaching.com

I suppose I should post in here since I'm only just getting back to running after recovering from my shin splints. SmileI've lessened the focus on running a bit and really hitting the weights, doing other non-impact cardio, etc. My week so far (I'm copying this from my training log to make it quicker for me): Monday: (All sets 5 reps, lbs) Squats: 70, 90, 105, 125, 140 Bench: 85, 107.5, 127.5, 150, 170 Hang power clean: 55, 65, 75, 90, 105 3 sets reverse hypers with 25lb plate 3 sets sit ups 3 mile run at 9:54 pace Tues: 4.5 mile run at 9:10 pace - too fast. Got away from me a bit Wednesday (All sets 5 reps, lbs) Squat: 70, 87.5, 105, 105 OHP: 70, 85, 100, 115 Deads: 152.5, 185, 212.5, 242.5 4 sets of sit ups 4 minutes tabata squat thrusts 20 minutes intervals on the Precor Crossramp Thursday: 4.5 mile easy/moderate run in 41:34 Friday: Similar to Monday with the addition of some heavier sets of 3 reps and some pull-ups and dips. Follow it up with the Crossramp again. Saturday: another 4 mile run or so followed by, Oh, I dunno, maybe 8-10 hours of yard workDead

Renee the dog

OK, so I'm thinking that I should post here to keep me honest through my cross-training run up to my first marathon in the fall.

I haven't really read this thread before. It looks like participants log in and keep updating their posts throughout the week.  Do I have that right?   Is it OK for me to jump in and start keeping track here?  I'm a cross-training novice, so bear with me.

OK, went back to look at my spreadsheet ...

Mon: ran 2 mi

Tues: yoga 25 min., slide board 5 min.

Wed: ran 3 mi, thighmaster (don't laugh!) 5 min.  I find it helps keep my runner's knee in check

Thurs: Stretch 15 min, foam roller 10 min, yoga 25 min.

Fri: ran 5 mi, 15 min joint loosening exercises

Sat: ran 2 mi,  30 reps lying hip abduction, 5 cook hip lift, 5 kneeling overhead draw-ins, 10 knee fall-outs

Sun: ran 4 mi, 15 min slide boarding

Total: 16 mi running, 20 min slide boarding, 50 min yoga, 55 min "other" (stretching/strength)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono - definitely jump on in, the water's fine.  

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Nono - Welcome!  I'm suppose to list everyone's weekly totals at the beginning of the new weekly thread, but I was lax in my duties this week.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks Leslie....

Monday................3miles

Tuesday..............6miles
                          Wednesday........6miles
                          Thursday............rest
                          Friday..................rest
                          Saturday.............3miles
                          Sunday...............9miles

Total ....27miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          dg.

um, late again.      so I'll just post totals.   this week & last have been a bit of a jumble anyway.  I'm thinking that tonight I'm going to Get Organized.   :-),   Esp. re cross training, I'm going to write out all the different things/programs/systems I'm trying to do, see how they can be consolidated, & when & how to fit them in, esp. the things that need to be done at the gym... since I'm not running there anymore I'll have to plan this.   sorry to go on & on!  thinking out loud.  more or less.

Progress this week after last week's 4 steps back.  yippee. 

and yippee Nono's here!!!   

George, nice to have you back.

Erica is running. 

Dutchie's neck seems to be ok...

Snow is gone... life is good. 

Where is nowor??

Leslie..I'm behind again but remember you have new problems.  what's going on?

more walking than usual this week but as usual no idea how much. 

totals:  25.2 miles running, 50 min. on the elliptical, 2 hrs. 35 min. assorted strength training.