Masters Running

The apple doesn't fall too far away from the tree (3 generations) (Read 455 times)

On Tuesday I posted some pictures from the weekend and many of you commented on how DS looks a lot like me.  "Minus the hair of course" was one quote I remember.

So I did some digging and found this "gem" from my past.  This was when I was about 21 or 22; the same age DS is now.  This was taken at MSU and the Men's Glee Club had just finished performing - thus the nice Tux I'm wearing.  That's my Dad - DS's Grand Dad - on the right.  All of us are clones of each other.  The 2nd picture is from this past weekend for comparison.  Nice hair 35 years ago and 35 years later!

Enjoy!  Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Fantastic. Especially your bowtie.

I didn't know cameras had been around that long.

wildchild

Carolyn

Great pictures!  I've also heard the saying as "the nut doesn't fall far from the tree" 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It's very uncanny how much the three of you look like each other.  It's like those age progression photos!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

These are great! As soon as I saw your DS I said OMG that looks just like Byll!! Too funny.
            coastwalker

Holy cow! The only way to tell DS and you (35 years ago) apart is to look at which side each of you part your hair on (and, of course, the bow tie and ruffled shirt...)! Great shots.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I opened up the thread and thought "Byll did a little aging on one of the weekends pictures"    pretty amazing!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

jtv

byll - great pix.  It's amazing how much you look alike, although I'm more interested in the building in the background.  Can't quite recognize it from my days at MSU.

JTV, I believe that is Auditorium Building, though i could be mis-remembering.

CoastWalker, when I showed that old picture to my DW, she commented the "If Grandpa was clipped out of that photo she would have thought that was Robbie (DS)".

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TammyinGP

thanks for taking the time to dig those out and post them. That is quite the uncanny resemblance!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Great pictures, Byll!  I love seeing family resemblances like this.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Incredible!  You should send those to a newspaper or something.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Look at what Photoshop can do!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/