Masters Running

I see Ilene can type, so... (Read 531 times)

btb1490

that's a good sign! How did your surgery go yesterday? Did I miss a post somewhere?
      Yeah, Ilene... Give us the scoop!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

#artbydmcbride

Big grin I can hunt and peck with one hand. But all typos and misspellings must be forgiven me. The surgery went well. The coming to in the recovery room, not so much. Apparently only 88% oxygenated blood is a problem. The exciting part was later getting to ride in an ambulance through a big rainstorm to spend the night in a hospital. I've been in ambulances before Roll eyes but I've never been conscious at the time. Cool Because of the rain they covered me and my gurney completely with a yellow tarp. Since I figured that would look like they were bringing in a DOA, I stuck my hand out and wiggled my fingers so folks in the emergency room would wig out! (yes, I am really only 6 years old Big grin ) So now I am home with my vicodin on board, my left arm in a sling, and my shoulder all bandaged up. Its all uphill from here. My rotator cuff tear is all sewn up neat and the healing has begun. Next week I get the dressing off and find out how long I have to stay in the sling. I am still hoping to do the half at Surf City, no goal time, just finish.

Runners run

Henrun

Ever the joker! But why an ambulance, Ilene???
          btb1490

Thanks for the update Ilene. Sounds like you ended up with first class accomdations, and even a limo ride wearing a gown to boot! Some people have all the luck. 88% sat is pretty darn low, you must've been blue. Good thing blue and yellow go together. Seriously, I'm glad things ultimately worked out, now please be a good girl and rehab well. Vicodin rocks!

Marathon Maniac #957

Yikes! That sounds like quite an experience! Glad you're home now, but take care and heal up before you worry about any running goals.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

Big grin I can hunt and peck with one hand. But all typos and misspellings must be forgiven me. The surgery went well. The coming to in the recovery room, not so much. Apparently only 88% oxygenated blood is a problem. The exciting part was later getting to ride in an ambulance through a big rainstorm to spend the night in a hospital. I've been in ambulances before Roll eyes but I've never been conscious at the time. Cool Because of the rain they covered me and my gurney completely with a yellow tarp. Since I figured that would look like they were bringing in a DOA, I stuck my hand out and wiggled my fingers so folks in the emergency room would wig out! (yes, I am really only 6 years old Big grin ) So now I am home with my vicodin on board, my left arm in a sling, and my shoulder all bandaged up. Its all uphill from here. My rotator cuff tear is all sewn up neat and the healing has begun. Next week I get the dressing off and find out how long I have to stay in the sling. I am still hoping to do the half at Surf City, no goal time, just finish.
                To my torn rotator buddy. Three weeks post surgery. I spend most of the day outside the sling but still wear it at night. PT is fun Angry 10 more days until I can start running again. The DREADmill and elpytical will be the death of me! How can my HR only be 110 when I feel like I am doing a 10 mile tempo run??? I don't get it? Confused Confused Confused Listen to your DR and you will be back typing with both hands (like I am) real soon! Healing vibes to Ilene -- <from>>>>>></from>

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

{{{{ilenie}}}} - welcome back not surprisingly ready and rarin' to go racin'. However, so you don't end up like my nemesis duathlon sylvia who ignored her doctor’s orders not to run for six weeks after her rotator surgery last January but did it anyway and ended up having to cancel her spring marathon and summer Ironman ($450 goodbye), I hereby dedicate the rest of my winter taper (six more weeks to the Mercer Island Half) just for you so can go running anytime you want. Promise to keep below any pain level whatsoever no matter how insignificant it might seem at the time, and go run ilene, go run ilene, go run, go run, go run slowly this time ilene.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

arf

MM #405

{{{{{{ Ilene }}}}}} 'Cause you have ALWAYS been there with hugs for me Smile Heal up quick! arf
                    SteveP

Because of the rain they covered me and my gurney completely with a yellow tarp. Since I figured that would look like they were bringing in a DOA, I stuck my hand out and wiggled my fingers so folks in the emergency room would wig out! (yes, I am really only 6 years old Big grin )
                      I love it!!!! May you have a speedy recovery.

SteveP

Ever the joker! But why an ambulance, Ilene???
                        Indeed, Ilene, why the ambulance run? Get well soon and DO NOT start up too soon! Fireman Fran
                          Ilene, Glad to see you're on the road to recovery Smile
                          Tramps

Get better soon, Ilene! (But don't rush it.)

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

Thanks youse guys. Tthe surgery was done at an ambulatory Surgical Center, and they sent me to the hospital via ambulance so they could keep me hooked up to oxygen I guess. <shrug> I tried to talk the guys into going through In and Out on the way, but they wouldn't. I was at no food or water since midnight the night before and now it was 6 pm. :mad: I thought I have been feeling the worst of the pain, but I was wrong, the real pain hit Saturday! Hermosaboy, you should have warned me. {{Hermosaboy's broken wing}}</shrug>

Runners run

Ilene, Get well soon! Dark Horse
                                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.