Masters Running

Sat 2 Feb Master/Boomers (Read 484 times)

GreenMan

Nice one , Holly
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Renee the dog

7 mi this morning...beautiful morning...out before the sunrise. WHOOPS! Black ice on the boardwalk. It was funny watching my dear running partner (see avatar) figure out this new sensation! I ran on the concrete which was dry, and then switched to the beach. On the way back, the sun was up enough to have eliminated the black ice. Felt lovely and effortless. ITB is behaving, so I feel a great running year coming on.... Big grin Got back, made breakfast, and slammed my knee really good on the dining room chair. Surprised I hate dining room injuries. Iced knee. Feel good again! Happy running everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

spacityrunner

WRFB: was just wondering what happened to you. 3rd shift…yikes! Shocked Mr. Ribs and all you smart folks: I don’t have a clue Sad BAP: The big onion??? What happened to the apples?? Big grin /ramble on/ Spent much time this morning debating with self on what to do. Run, not run? Swim, not swim? I had already decided that I was not going to meet with my running group this a.m. and I usually go for a swim after I run with them. I have been trying to get used to a new, much busier routine and I was just tired. So, gave myself the luxury of planning a run when I wanted to…but when did I want to? After much deliberation I decided that I would run today 6-7 miles keeping it between 13-14 m/m. I will swim Sunday (maybe a short run in there too) and then run again on Monday (if foot allows it). The foot felt really good this morning so I was a bit hesitant to put any miles on it…but the weather won…it was so beautiful outside. And I have wanted to get back out to Haines point before they snatch the awakening away. So, I lace up the sneakers and off I go. Telling myself as I start out to remember to keep it slow. This is not a race, I want to focus on keeping the HR low and the pace easy. My recovery has embraced the easy paced runs. So, I am starting out easy, and about a half a mile into my run solarmix 11 starts. I said, uh oh. I am in trouble now…I love that mix and it will have me flying if I am not careful. I relax and focus on keeping the HR in the right range, I am going a bit faster than I wanted, but not too fast. I am enjoying this run so much. And I get thinking that I definitely want this playing when I do the Cherry Blossom 10 miler, but do I want it in the beginning or at the end? Hmmm. I am so into my run now, just trotting along, and solarmix 11 ends and solarmix 9 starts (I have a shuffle, I don’t know what is coming next). I love solarmix 9. I am so happy now. The run is going well, and the music is fantastic. And I can feel myself slowing a bit, which is good. The weather is in the mid 40’s with a slight breeze. The cherry trees have buds on them, the birds were playing in the puddles leftover from yesterdays massive rain storm and everything smells fresh and clean. I was able to say bye to the awakening. I would switch from asphalt to grass, and listen to the squish squish of the ground as I would go pounding along. And in all this I was able to decide that I want mix9 at the beginning and mix11 at the end of the cherry blossom 10 miler. I am so ready….lets hope my foot thinks so. /ramble off/ 6.52 miles in 1:25:57 for an avg. 13:11 m/m Splits: 13:15, 12:51, 12:49, 13:32, 13:16, 13:33, and the last .52 in 12:47 Thanks MC for sharing such wonderful music with us.

Trails Rock!

bap

BAP: The big onion??? What happened to the apples?? Big grin .
          New York used to be called the Big Stinking Onion, latterly the Big Onion. The Big Apple was simply a wise marketing move. Smile

Certified Running Coach
          Crocked since 2013

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Saturday Boomers! Today I went out for a long run of 11 miles. I kept my heart rate in the low 160's - which is better than the 170's I was running at I guess. Seeing as these 11 miles took me about the same time as my 10 last week - I'm happy. Kept thinking how running in the snow is bound to make me stronger this spring and kept truding along. 6 more weeks of winter I hear . . . . Cheers! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Spareribs the amount of traveling you do would drive me crazy. I have no idea how you do it! But I can say I am sure glad it is not me. I did a lot of traveling last winter and got so burned out all I wanted to do was stay home all summer. nonoruns your running pal must have been good for quite a laugh! I wonder if dogs know what laughing means? runningindc meet Enter key, Enter key this is runningdc. Clowning around Today was long run day for me. 21.07mi@8:45. Fortunately I had a running partner all the way. Just shy of half way we met the local running club and ran with them for about 6.5mi and then broke off to finish our 21. That is the longest run of this Pfitz torture training cycle and the second longest run on the whole schedule. All I can say is that I am sure happy it is over with!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bap cheated me out of that one. I knew that one. 5.35 treadmill miles at1% incline at about MP pace. I may reach 50 with my MLR tomorrow. That'll be a good place to start training from I suppose. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Afternoon all, Even though the schedule says 22 miles for tomorrow, I had the chance to run with my running pals and I switched it around a bit. The wind was howling this morning and the rain was quite heavy last night, so I was a bit worried as I got dressed for the adventure. The wind had calmed down by the time we all met up and the rain was moving on eastward. Another member of my merry band will be running Boston and the other two are focused on hilly May marathons, so today's route was a hilly one with many wipeouts. It was 38F at 7AM, partly cloudy and icy puddles all around. We all took turns falling on various body parts. Ironically the falling did not occur while in full stride----curb climbing, slowing to pick up dropped e-caps and the like seemed to inspire the most slippage. My feet went out from under me completely and I fell right as we rounded the corner from a major street to get onto the bike trail. Ah well, my left rear cheek will be purple later---matching the side of my leg. I am grateful I didn't break anything. Enough of that.....22 miles in 3:16 for 8:54 pace. The last few miles were supposed to be progressively faster but we were all too tired and too beat up from our various ice gymnastics. I jumped into my car and zoomed off to my son's hockey game. The kid scored a Smokin' goal as I arrived and he gave me a "hey Mom----check me out" kind of nod. Life is good. More hockey and then the Superbowl tomorrow... Enjoy the day friends CNYrunner
                    5.2 easy miles for me today in about 51:00 for somewhere around a 9:50ish pace. I sure hope we get a little thaw today to clear the roads for tomrrows long run. I need to pre-run some Superbowl calories off. Have a great Saturday and safe runs

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

it's nice and sunny in Seattle but 50 degrees colder than where she's planning her inaugural solo Maraton internacional Paraguay but did a mariposai mile this morning.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet... it's wayyyy colder here than where our butterfly queen is running, but I'll do some with her, too! (altho she's prolly done by now?) Ribs, DH and I are discussing your puzzle... he's looking at various birds. Got a letter clue to throw us? Gearing up to do my run outside today. DH and I went for a walk last night after dinner and I didn't have a warm enough scarf, so got a little chilled. It's -10 so far, and if I dress up well enough.... I could do the one local road out-and-back (4.5 miles) and add on my hilly road out-and-back (3.2 miles) to get close to the 8 on the schedule today. I'm just really feeling the need for some hills.... CNYrunner, I know that look. After my DS2 scored a goal last summer (he's a defender...), he flashed me the biggest grin, it was so cool. Nonoruns, where are you? Running on boardwalk and beaches... nice. runningindc, thanks for brining us along. I loved your ramble. And I agree, nice choice.
                        pfriese

Hello all, I went for a nice long run with Opie from over at kickrunners this morning. 13.9 miles @ 9:50/mile pace Spareribs had me stumped with his bird. The smallest ratites in Australia are the kiwis. Not seven letters, so I had to pull out the old ornithology book and look it up. Turns out the smallest kiwi is the -------. Ah, seven letters, works out nice. Have a great day. Paul
                          munchkn883

Not sure if my various walks today will count as a 10 mile walk! This morning I walked 3.25 with TNT in Umstead and then 2 more miles around DD2's neighborhood. Plan on walking either on the TM or outside in a little while to get in 5 more. Happy day!!
                              No time to chat. Smile 5 recovery miles @ 8:55/mi good runs all.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hi Booms, Woke up to an extraordinarily tight left calf, limped around and decided to go to the gym for some cardio. Did 30 min on the ellipti-torture machine, with my HR around 150, then the bike for 30 min with my HR around 118 (drats!). You can see which machine I have adapted to. Must rest this leg for a few more days before I try running again. Patience patience. I kinda like solarmix 6 the best so far.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."