Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 06/28/09 (Read 621 times)

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock

Erika - 35.5 miles run, 1.65 miles walked, 30 min. pool running, vole trapping... (Editor's  Note: Vole Trapping - Not sure how to categorize that . . . .)

Nono - yoga: 50 min, slide board: 30 min, body work/stretch/strengthen: 70 min, ran: 14.6 mi (Editor's Note: Need a youtube vid of Nono slide boarding . . . )

Evryday - 30 miles 40 pushups.   10 short, falling back down into slacker mode. (Editor's Note: The group has been too easy on Ev.  It's time to step it up a notch. )

Dutchie - 15.1K. ##%#% I was off to a good start and then it all went wrong. (The Editor is not inclined to translate into  English some of the language used here.  No siree, not this Editor.)

Eliz - Ran 10; walked 2; tendonitis seems to be steadily improving (SCHOOL'S OUT!!!)

dg - 21.6 miles running, 33 minutes on the bike & 2 hrs. 20 min. assorted strength training, yard work. (Editor's Note: For a "fuzzy" schedule, this looks very nice!)

pfriese - 40.1 miles running, 20. 7 miles biking, & 800 meters swimming - Done (Editor's Note: Very nicely done, sir!)

fatozzig - 14 road running miles, 32 trail running miles, 2 hrs. core/strength.  My first 40 or more mileage week! (Editor's Note: There'll be no more bragging in this forum, missy!)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Beginner all over again

Another week already?  I haven't checked in in a while.

Hi everyone !                       ::Waving::

Sunday - Bicycle 50 minutes, 7 miles

Monday  - JogWalk 52 minutes, 3.4 miles

Tuesday -  Planned day off.  Frankly, sore from Monday and probably Sunday's lead-in to Monday

Wednesday - Day off.  Not too sore, but didn't want to Go There again.  (plan was: bike ride )

Thursday - JogWalk 36 minutes, 2.25 miles,  Nice and easy for a short midweek workout .

Friday - Day off

Saturday - Job/Walk 38 minutes, 2.5 miles, nice-an-easy.IT's my every"other"week Long Run weekend is Short.

Thanks Leslie....

Hello Frances

Monday................4miles..........slack

Tuesday..............6miles.....6miles

Wednesday........6miles.....3miles (semislack)

Thursday............rest...........party
        Friday..................6miles.....party
        Saturday..............rest......... 10miles   
        Sunday...............12miles....12miles

Total....31miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          What a beautiful and appropriate quote.  Thanks, Leslie.

The School Year That Never Ends is supposed to do just that this week.  We say bye-bye to the kiddos tomorrow, then I have workshop days on Wednesday and Friday, so finally my job will no longer interfere with my running.   Which really means:  no excuses!

MONDAY - PT followed by light stretching and some strength stuff at home

TUESDAY - ran 3; walked 1; carpy but I got it done

WEDNESDAY - podiatrist, PT, drinks & dinner with a friend to celebrate the end of the school year; chilling now in anticipation of becoming an early-morning runner tomorrow

THURSDAY - ran 3; walked 1; hottest run so far this year - almost 80 and humid 

FRIDAY - stretching and early to bed for tomorrow's early morning run

SATURDAY - up by 5:30, but didn't get out the door until almost 7; making progress in the early morning running department, anyway; ran 4.5, walked 1; hot humid, yucky

SUNDAY - 10-mile bike ride; took it easy and managed it in 10 minutes less than my most intense attempts last summer  

Summary - ran 10.5; walked 3; biked 10; finally got to NJ for more than one night and am finally on summer-time - hooray!!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

then I have workshop days on Wednesday and Friday,

Apparently, I need to go back and learn to read.  I read that as "worship days" and that got me wondering for a minute exactly what that was all about....

Well school isn't ending here any time soon.  My kids bawled and threw a fit when I told them school was over, so we're going to a 3 day a week program for at least part of the summer. 

OK, I'll try to fess up with my plan here:

Day       Proposed     Actual     
             M  run 6, slideboard 5 min  ran 2.5 mi
             T  run 3, strengthening drills  ran 6.5 mi, 5 min slide boarding, 10 min stretch
             W  run 3, stretch  ran 3, went out drinking, forgot to stretch or strengthen!
             T  strength, slideboard 30 min  10 min strength, 30 min slideboard
             F  run 3 fartlek, stretch  ran 3
             S  strength

walked 1 mi, 10 min strength, 30+ trips to ocean at low

tide from high tide mark to get buckets of water for kids

S  run 4

ran 4 mi, another 10+ trips to ocean at low tide (95 steps,

each way. I counted!)

Total: ran 19 mi, 35 min slideboarding, 30 min stretch/strengthen, 7600 steps of bucket carrying to/from ocean

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Eliz, I will be echoing you on Aug. 3 when I have to go BACK to school - yuck!

My plan for the week.

Monday - run 3.5........done!

Tuesday - run 3.5, swim 1 mile, Zumba class  .... no Zumba, ate too much for lunch 

Wed. - run 3.5   .....  ran 4.4!

Thursday - ran 3.1, Zumba

Friday - rest .... swam 1 mile

Sat - 5K trail race

Sunday - 4 miles

Nono - "worship days" - we go in to school and thank whatever deity we believe in that the kids aren't there?!?!?!

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Nono - "worship days" - we go in to school and thank whatever deity we believe in that the kids aren't there?!?!?!

Works for me.

Ha!!!

And Nono - Your kids actually want to go to school??  Good for you!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Last week before tapering for SOB 50k

Mon - Rest Day ----------------------------------------------------->  Done.  It was tuff, but I persevered!

Tues - 5 miles w/hill repeats -----------------------------------> 5 miles w/10 steep hill repeats in 51:??

Wed - 3+ miles; core/strength ----------------------------------> 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - 6 miles w/hills --------------------------------------------> 6 hilly miles in 1:00:59

Fri - 30+ min biking; core/strength ----------------------------> 45+/- mins of upper body and core **

Sat - 24 trail miles -------------------------------------------------> 22.83 miles (ran out of fluids - too warm to keep going)

Sun - 10 trail miles ------------------------------------------------> 10 beach miles

** Decided to forego the lower body and cardio since I have a long weekend of running.

Totals: Trails - 22.83, beach - 10, road - 11, core/strength - 1.75 hrs.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

This is marathon week for me! Eek, not sure how that got here so fast. It also means the first month of summer is almost done. Waaahh!  Ok, enough whining...

Monday: 10 min. (1.06 mile) Elliptical, 35 minutes weights/core, 10 min. Pool Running. Perfect XT effort!

Tuesday: 4.5 miles running, .6 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 4 miles on the treadmill, .7 mile walk

Thursday: Travel Day!

Friday: 2.5 miles easy around Seward Park

Saturday: Seattle Rock-n-Roll Marathon! 26.2 miles, no PR in sight...

Sunday: Walked all over downtown Seattle all afternoon... I'm beat!

Totals: 37.2 miles running, lots of walking, some weights, pool running and ellipticalling

dg.

Thanks Leslie.  I do love the quote, but work is hard enough today!!  sheeesh.,

Hi everyone.  

Hi Helen! 

Where's nowor?   I miss her.

Erika that did come up fast!    hey wtg on your 10K.      I know... one month gone.... & it really just started getting warm here.  but you just took away my whining rights.   waaaaah. 

will put down my plan when i figure out what it is!!!   (Nono... still the same basic plan)

Plan:

Monday, rest.

Actual:

Monday, 1 hr. verstegen's prehab & some of the injured runner dvd.

oh well.   I got in the first 2!   Nono, I've changed to Level 1. And so this week did week 8 of that, mileage wise, plus just a litte more each day.   still doing my own versions of crosstraining, they incorporate many of Matt's things.  Next week I'm going to try to follow the plan more closely.  back to serious.  well, I have been serious.  just hurt.     

totals.... 20.1 miles running, 2 hrs. 15 min. assorted strength training.  elliptical hurts my knee, bike hurts my butt, pool runing hurts my hammies.    But I'll get over it.  I want to add some of those back soon, because it really did help cardiovascularly.  This is a good learning experience.     ;-)

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, very appropriate quote for last week

Week 2/18 of my marathon training plan, and I'm already making changes to it.

Mon... 30min easy run -> 5K easy run + 20min of LB endurance strength.

Tue.... 50min easy run ->Since I can't run tomorrow, I did an amazing 10.1K tempo run this morning. I wasn't trying to go fast, but it turned out to be my fastest pace this month: 6:24/kilometer! And I wasn't chasing anyone

Wed.. trip for work to Brussels, Belgium. I'll be on a train by 5h15 AM ARghhhhh -> nearly missed the train. Was still 40min late for my 9h30 meeting. Wasn't my fault: the train was delayed in in Belgium and there were no taxi's at the train station.

Thu.... 60min easy run -> 8.8K in 58min. A deer crossed our path. I stopped to watch it till it was out of sight. I'm sleepy and don't think my head ever woke up during the run. Too many 6 hour nights. I need to turn in early tonight.

Fri...... 30min easy run -> Jeez, only a 5K out&back loop but I crashed and burned halfway. I do not run well on baked potatoes! Nice morning though.

Sat..... 40min easy run ->7K easy run (48min) with Spooky. Followed by a walk with Spike interspersed with a few minutes of running now and then.

Sun.... 2hr long run ------> never went out this early for a long run before: 20.635K (2h26) at 6 AM. Feel sooooo good. And it's such a great feeling having done it with the rest of the day free to do whatever...

Total mileage: 56.5K  (35.1 miles) for the week. Not a bad week at all Running wise anyway.

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

And Nono - Your kids actually want to go to school??  Good for you!

Well it's actually bad for me, as I homeschool.  

Well it's actually bad for me, as I homeschool.  

Ohhhhhhhh!  I was wondering, cuz I don't know many kids who MISS school!  You must be doing a great job!