Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 6.13.17 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:

RunnerKSA (2.1 morning slogging & sore-quad miles)

Holly (50 min of weights & core)

Jlynne (5.1 slogging run/walk miles in H&H)

Marj (early walk [with Henrun], then bike ride in HHH)

Twocat (elliptical work)

Mike (6 great rainy miles [OK Twocat, take your fingers out of your ears])

BerthaSlayer (CL 2 TM miles, ‘cause it was too hot)

Spacityrunner (3 lunchtime miles, one with toast)

Fatozzig (1 hr core/ST post-work)

Keep working on that race recovery, KSA.

You are so far from flab, Holly! And isn’t all chocolate medicinal?

Right, Tet - where’s Amy?? Missing her a lot.

Good job of toughing it out in early warm weather, Jlynne.

Marj, I have a feeling you and Henry are behind the RD of the Year award. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve it (or if I deserve it), but I appreciate and am humbled by your support of whatever it is that I’m doing. Regarding the Great Island 5K - Guy Stearns does a great job of hosting it, but as good as he is, he can’t control the weather, and I’m afraid I can’t either. Incidentally, Guy's course record for the Market Square Day 10K stood for about 20 years - he was a heck of a runner in his prime.

Great news about the CT scan results and the weekend runs, PBJ!

Good weekend runs with Bella and Bailey, Tammy.

Good win over the wasps, Twocat.

I hope you are enjoying the drama and the Runner’s mag at work, Fatozzig. You’ll have a blast at the relay this weekend, whatever your role.

Nice run, Mike, regardless of the weather.

Spacityrunner, is there such a thing, even for you, as too hot, or perhaps too hot too soon? Be careful out there. Yah, and about those guards…

Tet, I know some amazing RDs who don't run (or racewalk).

Regarding our shed - don’t know which way we are going to go yet, but we probably won’t build from scratch. However there are some kit options that we could certainly take on.

As you may remember, I’ve been hosting a roundtable discussion group of regional conservation commissions for over a year. We had 2 guest speakers at our meeting this morning, and we had some great discussions, and a very energizing meeting. I love when that happens!

6.2 RW miles in 70° temps early this morning with the moon still high in the sky and the sun rising. It was a good tempo workout that wore me out in a good way. There was just a hint of a breeze, and I sure could’a used more than that! Now I have to get ready for a 3-hour meeting, and I’m not looking forward to sitting that long. There’s always something…

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

So what do you do when it's 3:00 a.m. and you can't sleep?  Get up and work on The Hub's invoices, that's what!  . . . . . and at the same time discover one of your cats is constipated.  *sigh*  Hope this doesn't require another vet visit.  We just took The Zigmeister in to the tune of $106 and bought flea prevention meds to the tune of $100.  If he can't poop, though . . . .

Good luck with your meeting, Jay.

SteveP - LOVED the pics!!  (Adding to my bucket list)

Okay - Off to do some invoices, then go for a run, then get ready for work.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

2,6    Legs a little less sore and tired, but still definitely not back!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

I just typed a bunch of stuff but then hit some key combination that closed the browser tab.   I tried to open the tab from history but it came up with a blank box without all my typing. This time I will be brief.

I let work crush me last week so I didn't get in any workouts from Sunday to Friday when I finally got to the gym at lunch.  I ran a bit on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and I was back at the gym today.

Now that you are caught up on the trivialities of my life, for my next trick I will post a picture of my breakfast.  (Just kidding.)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes, Congrats from here, too.  I can personally vouch for the fact that Jay does a great job.

Congrats, also to PBJ.  Clean scans are always a good thing.

Never too many pictures, Steve.  And Michelle will hate you for that one shot, but it is a classic.  We have pink Lady's Slippers in Maine

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

I think I know a couple of the others, but have to check with DW to confirm.

In honor of Amy (I think she coined the term) 3.1 soggy shorts miles.  73 at the start and 75° at the end.  Didn't even bother with starting with a shirt.  Figured it would be off within the first mile and now i don't have to wash it.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

We have this one that looks like it might be in the same family as SteveP's and Stumpy's, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.  I do know that if you pick it, the whole plant dies, we leave them alone.

Image result for name of white flower grows in the redwoods

3 slow EZ miles this a.m. after getting The Hub's invoices done.

I looked up how to deal with kitty constipation.  One of the cures is supposed to be pumpkin.  I had forgotten about that.  But getting a cat to eat plain canned pumpkin?  Really??  Doubtful.  We'll increase his wet food consumption and see how that works.  He'll suffer through it like a champ. 

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Nice wild flower posting day in RAkingdom!

No wildflowers during my run today, but I did managed 7.25 miles under clear sky and cool air. My training partner never showed up. The slacker .

Off to the Methow Valley I go for business.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Leslie: Trilliums.  We have them growing wild here too. 

Spacityrunner: you have guards eh? Now things are all starting to make more sense 

Today is my Friday. yay!  Tomorrow will be starting relay prep stuff and cleaning house for my guests arriving on Thursday. Oh, and cleaning travel trailer. DH has the bathroom in the TT gutted - redoing the whole thing - so need to clear out his tools and stuff in there .  I'm so glad I kept my grocery shopping list from last year. I'm just working off that same list because the food Liz & I shopped for seem to work for everyone, so just going to repeat it. 

Will get in a run after work. I think we are breaking out of our unseasonably cool 60 temps and will be at 70 today.

Tammy

pfriese

I'm up in Seattle area visiting daughter, son in law, & grandsons before the relay with Tammy, Leslie, & Karl this weekend down in Oregon. Beautiful weather here for a 6.9 mile run down to the lake & back up to the plateau this morning.

Paul

Leslie: Trilliums.  We have them growing wild here too. 

Thank you!  I stared at the computer a number of minutes before giving up on the name/word . . . as I do with a number of things at this stage in my life, much to the annoyment (is that a word?) of The Hub and my co-workers. 

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - great pics!

Jay - if I had a vote, I would have voted for you!

Leslie - pumpkin is what I give my dogs when they have diarrhea - firms them right up.  Seems strange to me that it would also be a fix for constipation.

4.8 miles for me this morning in 72 H&H degrees.

Good luck Tammy and crew!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 sweaty swamp miles.

I brought my bike for later, but forgot my shoes and helmet, so if I do work out it will be another run.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

fatozzig I bet if you hide the pumpkin in something your cat likes he will eat it. We used to do that to get our cat to eat pills we had to give him daily.

My training partner met me for a 6 mile run from my house this morning. Her DH sounds like he is going to leave his current employer and start his own business. Interesting to hear her discuss the preparations he has made to get it up and running.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

fatozzig I bet if you hide the pumpkin in something your cat likes he will eat it. We used to do that to get our cat to eat pills we had to give him daily.

I didn't think you could get cats to do anything...

Jay, congrats on the award! Some year we will get to the east coast and I will run a race somewhere. Do you know of any relays in New England?

Leslie, I am glad that you are only doing one leg of the relay. How does the butt feel after a few days post injection now? Oh, that flower is a trillium. Minnesota’s state flower is the Pink Lady slipper but they are hard to find. Stumpy, do they are they more prolific out your way?

SteveP – great pictures from Mackinaw Island,

I am afraid I will lose my post, like Dave, so that's it for shoutouts. We had a busy weekend with DS and the GKids starting Thursday evening. DS informed me that he had invited all the relatives and families (27 if they all came) over to hang out by/in the lake Sat PM and for a picnic. Cousin John said he wouldn't come unless I made potato salad (I do make pretty good potato salad). Good thing I got a head start while the kiddos were sleeping. All in all we had a good time and only about 20 people were able to come.

Anyway, not much running, just running after the kids and walking to the park and back. Today I got home at 3 from the doctor's so went out for the first "run" in over two weeks. Yikes, soggy shorts, indeed! 89* with 23 S wind, 32 gusts. 3 slow miles and I saw the geese a swimming so it was safe to cross the grade, yeah! When I got home I went to my neighbors house and trimmed her dead iris blooms. She has Parkinson's and I wanted to help her....hope I did it right! Storms are coming tonight and I hope we don't get any hail, or worse, a tornado.

Oh, the doctor said that the hematoma on my leg is nothing to worry about, the blood/fluid will just get reabsorbed. There is no risk of a blood clot breaking loose since it is isolated.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I tackled Bertha today. 8 miles with 3 Berthas. It was very hot and I should have brought water. Lesson learned. But I think I'm getting heat acclimatized finally.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**