Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily: 4.2.17 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s stupendous workouts & races:

RunnerKSA (5.1 Georgia miles with hillage and a bunch o’ deer)

BerthaSlayer (6 EZ miles on mad legs with a hard bonk)

Tramps (15K ahead of predicted pace, PR on newish course, dry weather, good knee, good post-race beer)

Tomwhite (40 min Poolrun with creepy SpeedoBoy nearby)

Dave (3rd AG in a 5K, beat by a cheater and bugged about it)

Tet (5 rare weekend miles)

StarrRuns (9 miles in sunny 37° temps with geese and other human critters)

Holly (5.2 blustery miles in 40° temps)

Tammy (11.3 chatty miles with a friend)

Mike (10 miles in beautiful 65°Wink

Evanflein (8.2 miles along a busy road in warm weather)

Good job of getting it done on tired legs, BerthaSlayer.

Nice racing ahead of predicted pace, Tramps!

Right you are, Tomwhite: Don’ do dat!  What’s the tile of your book?

Good luck today, Stumpy. Should be better weather than yesterday.

Dave, that’s just not right. But let it be that guy’s problem, not yours. As Tet did, let him know that you know, and then walk away. Happy belated birthday to Cindy!

Tet, I’m very glad your run had nothing to do with making the list. 

Great job of multi-tasking, Fatozzig, combining two tasks that don’t normally go together.

Congrats to your son, RunnerKSA, on his AG Ironman hardware and qualifying for a pro card - wow!

StarrRuns, homemade potato salad and grilled burgers make a perfect meal at any time.

Holly, I think my cat slept through my cat scan, which is how she deals with most everything, except feeding time.

Congrats on the warmer temps, Evanflein. I’d call 50° warm at this time of the year.

Terrific photos, C-R!

It snowed almost all day yesterday, and it was the wet, heavy stuff, and it mixed with sleet every once in a while just to make sure it was heavy enough. When I finally got out with the snowblower, I had to stop every few minutes to clear the chute that kept getting clogged with the stuff that was too wet/heavy to push through. Yeah, that was fun.

Because the roads were wet last night and the temps dropped below freezing, I waited to go out this morning till I could see where I was going. There was some ice, but it wasn't too bad. 6.4 RW miles in 31°, under cloudy but clearing skies. Now, on to a leisurely day of cleaning and cooking...

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

So if I'm understanding this correctly, bhearn just finished 152+ miles in 24 hours. That's a 9:27 pace.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Bhearn is a beast.

Good call Jay.

Here are some pics from this afternoon's football festivities.

Lunch

These seats were 18 Euro. So basically $20. NFL or CFB would be over $100 for the same and likely much more.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

''Right you are, Tomwhite: Don’ do dat!  What’s the tile of your book?''

......When We Get Done, Call Nine-One-One........

==========

........VERY Cool pics CR

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

5.5 before leaving the Georgia winery.   Bob Hearn is incredible.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Nice pics, Norm.  I especially like that little country cottage yesterday.

Jay--spoke with my sister up in Berlin yesterday.  She'd already gotten 11 inches and it was still snowing.  Not a happy camper.  My brother, though, was already out snowmobiling.  At least you know it won't be around very long.

Erika--enjoy that warm up.  It's about time.

Dave--that's sleazy. I don't know how informal this race is but you might let the RD know just so they can think about stationing a volunteer to keep an eye our next year.  Sad but a reality.

RunnerKSA--geez, that's a great time for a stand-alone half, let alone a tri!  Congrats to him.

EZ 4-miler today.

Got some video from yesterday's race.  Neck and neck...

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

We got very little snow here-mostly sleet which dried up when the sun appeared. Beautiful this morning but still high 30's. Since this is the start of taper time, lots of marathoners out there. I decided to honor them by wearing my vintage 2002 Boston jacket. Did 5 miles (longest in over a year). It was slightly faster than my 5K of last week-but too slow to be competitive in my AG. Will have to continue shaping up.

Norm - That castle is so cool!  Where is it?

152+ miles in 24 hrs??? 

Dave - It would be totally PO'd about the cheating and would tell the RD.  Just so he/she is aware of the individual.

Jay - More snow for you guys - bleck.  Sending you sunshine vibes.

Runner - Congrats to your son!

That's it.  Nothing to report on this end except butt icing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Norm, where in Germany are you again? I know you told us but I don't remember. Those trails look fabulous! Love the castle, I know there are a ton of them around there.

Ilene posted a pic of bhearn sprawled on the ground in the intrepid thread. Amazing accomplishment. I just can't imagine.

Yay on the 5 miles, Henry! Wear that 2002 jacket with pride! I bet Boston is a fun place to be as everyone is getting ready for the big event.

It's not going to be as warm today, but still in the low 40's I think. Good enough. Plan is 12 but we'll see how it goes. Keeping the mantra in place: In it for the long run! Not in any hurry.

catwhoorg

Labrat

About to hop on a flight to Germany myself.

See you good folks in a week.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein reporting warmer weather than coastwalker and others here in the lower 48!  The first sign of the apocalypse! Run!

Tramps what race was it? Is that you on the left? 

Ran the Danbury HM today. Finished in 1:43:36 and 16/76 AG50-59. Got nipped in the last 100 yards or so by a 50 year old. Still, I ended up winning what I would have won had he not nipped me. Er, nothing!  It is a very hilly course so I am pretty happy with my time.;

Update: I misread the place list. The guy in front of me was in the AG40-49 and he was 16 in his. I was 12/76 in mine. If only they had cut it down to 55-59 for the bracket! Then I would have placed 3rd. Such is life when age groups are in 10 year brackets and you are in anything that covers the years 50 or higher.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I don't know bhearn but omg. Kudos.

And here i was excited to say i ran 20.1 at 12:45mm. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - yuck on the heavy snow in April....

Bhearn is indeed a beast!

C-R - so that's what a real German pretzel looks like..did your favored team win?

Tramps - great race video!  You look a bit overdressed, though...

Twocat - nice racing!

Catwhoorg - feel free to post some pictures of your adventures overseas.

Henry - kudos on your continuing improvement.

13.3 miles for me on dead legs.  Just nothing there.  34 degrees at the start with temps rising with the sun, 48 when I was done, which meant a swing by my house to drop a layer about halfway through.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We used to see Bhearn around here on the out-and-backs of the White River 50-mile Endurance Race and other ultras that often served as send-offs for the international runs of Scott Jurek and other elites, now including Bob. Congratulations. I wonder what's next?

Speaking of what's next, twocat too.

Easy day strolling in the Quad amongst the cherry blossoms I used to study under in those days. Little did I know I'd be seeing even more of the originals during several sojourns over there in the fifty years to follow. One favorite 5K run from the residence through and around several parks included over 1,000 of 'em.

Image result for university of washington cherry trees images

University of Washington Cherry Blossoms

Image result for university of washington cherry trees images

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tet//....Amazing a Tree can Live So Long.....

========

77-degrees here

decided

to just hit the Soccer and FootBall Fields

and Walk as long as felt comfortable

64-min in 2-lb HikingBoots.........I was Pleasantly Surprised

(which is one

of the Best ways to be Surprised)

.....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....