Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.8.18 (Read 44 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s workouts:
    Analogkid (4.5 EZ covered-watch miles)
    RunnerKSA (4.3 miles in 37° temps)
    Holly (5.2 TM miles)
    C-R (1st place in 20K race in 11° and 20 mph winds)
    Pfriese (8 windy morning miles in 50° temps)
    Deeze (Body Pump class + 2.2 TM miles)
    Bioguy (10 early afternoon miles in 19° temps)
    Tet (2 morning miles + 300 stairs)
    Tomwhite (60 min X-bike)
    Surly Bill (4.6 miles at 8:02 pace)
    Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical)
    Quickadder (6.7 morning trail recovery miles with DD for 1st ever 50+ mi. week)
    Falconfixer (2.5 miles)
    Evanflein (4 tough TM miles)

Please accept my condolences, Deeze and Jlynne.

4.8 early, sloppy, slick RW miles.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks for the recap Jay and the condolences everyone.

Still afraid to run outside in the dark even tho the temp did hit over 20 this morning.

5:15 spin class, 3 treadmill miles, now gearing up to have the grandbabies for the day!!

denise

Tramps

((Deez))  ((JLynne))

Marj--terrific photo yesterday.

Dave--hope your pipes safely recovered.

Norm--congrats on the hardy 20K victory!

Leslie--I don't know that world, but it sounds like you've been smart thinking through your next steps for work.  Good luck!

Came upstairs and after my shower made a batch of cranberry jam from some of the berries in my freezer. That felt much better. 

Everything is better with cranberry jam.

Upper teens felt downright balmy this morning.

5 miles.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning, y'all.

"Wintery mix" outside and I wasn't about to experience that, so despite the Strava/Lulu challenge, downstairs to the treadmill I went.  3.1 miles done.    Maybe I can get out later-  or not.    Off to start a tough work week

Got outside after work (left early) and did 2.5 gloomy miles.  It wasn't raining, but it was damp and 43 degrees.  It was actually nice and peaceful and hardly any cars in my neighborhood.  My headlamp seemed dim, so it was slow going because I don't see that well in the dark.  At least I got some kms in for the Strava challenge.  Norm is ahead of me!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Actually over 20° this morining and to atone for wimping out at single digits over the weekend, went out for my 3.1 mile lake loop for an unusual Monday run.  The first leg of the loop is on the windward side of the lake and the DPW had JUST a bit of a problem in dealing with the drifts.  Ended up in the street for the first mile--hard to tell if they even bothered to plow the sidewalk.  3-4' drifts all the way down.  and not much of a shoulder for a lot of the way.

Hugs to Deez and Jlynne.  This does seem to be an unfortunate side effect of aging.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning folks. Thanks for your recap Jay, and thanks everyone for your condolences. I went through some old family photo albums last night looking for pictures of my MIL to share with her family since my ex didn't want any of this stuff when we got divorced. A lot of good memories of times shared with all of them.

Good luck with your stressful week RunnerKSA.

Great to see you out running regularly again Tramps, even though it's not the distances you would like.

Have fun with your grandkids Deez!

I hope I get the opportunity to meet Tet some day

It was 21° here at 5 am!  And even though we got about an inch of snow last night (the weather forecasters now call an inch or two "nuisance snow") I layered up and headed out. The footing was pretty slippery but not a lot of traffic on the roads and I did my best to try and keep around a 10:00 pace trying to find fresh tire tracks or spots of clear road to run on. 5.65 miles and then 45 minutes of cross training with the shovel. Felt great to get outside again.

Have a great start to your week everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

Freezing rain cancelled school today, and made the roads a bit scary on the way to work.

No run for me today, but about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

2 miles this balmy morning. Main sidewalks pretty clear with some slush. Nice to see runners and cyclists again.

((((deeze and Jlynne))).

Dave59

This mornings brief time of a wintery mix has passed, the ice has melted, and I am heading out to run about 3 at the park.  36° and raining. No one tell the rules committee about this please.  I've been dressed for an outdoor run since 6:00 this morning and I have no desire to change into gym clothes to run on the treadmill.

3.2 done. Rain wasn't too bad.

....30s here, but The Ice missed us......

=============

did 50-min HH with Hills

in

what might be called Rain,

but

I prefer to think of as ''Really Soft Hail''

...................good Running to Ya.........think Warm Thoughts.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

30 min of core/ST for me this a.m.

The thing about Tet taking the polar bear plunge, even though he was the only one who showed up, because all the appropriate first responders were there? Classic!  That's a tale I'm sure they've told many times over the years.

When my niece and nephew were little, their folks got a divorce and my brother got custody of the kids until they got a little older and decided to go live with their mom in Utah (looong story).  At one point, my brother ended up moving back in with my folks for awhile when the kids were still young, like around 4 and 6.  Those kids were always my mom and dad's heart.

My niece, who will be 36 this year, sent me a text last night.  She was going through some things and found a photo album my dad had put together and sent her when she graduated from high school.  In it was a "note" he had written to her.  She's going to be sending me a copy of it, but this is what it said:

Advice from Grampa

Little Girl . . . OOPS! Young Woman!! I love you “oh so much!”  How I miss the joyous moments in our past!! You were that small, happy, little blonde that ran about the house with your brother.  Each day when I would return to the house, I knew that you would be there.  In those days, decisions were made for you by Dad, Gramma, or myself.

Now you are a lovely, vibrant young woman . . . far away from me.  You make your own decisions.  And each decision you make is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

Your decisions will impact you for your entire life .. be they good .. or .. bad.

My prayer each and every day?

Your decisions will be that of wisdom beyond your years.

Wanna know how that is done?

Never make an important decision in haste.

When you have questions, seek input from those who love you. But ultimately, the final decision,

and the one you must live with, will be yours and yours alone.

Once made, never point fingers elsewhere!

Well, words to you from an “old man” as you take your monumental step into “adulthood.”

REMEMBER!!  I LOVED YOU FIRST . . . ALWAYS HAVE . . . ALWAYS WILL!! 

Needless to say, this brought a few tears to my and The Hubs eyes last night.

Have a great week.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

....What a Wonderful Letter........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Easy 6 mile run to park & back.

Paul

bioguy

Hi all and a shout out to Quickadder for the ultra.

Did an easy 3 today just to get out. School was canceled after I had already arrived at 6am so I stayed and prepped for the coming week and then some.

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

....What a Wonderful Letter........

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."