Masters Running

Green Bay Pastapalooza party w/ pictures (Read 38 times)

After a long drives and flights we all got together at Jlynne's last night for a wonderful party. It was great to meet Holly, Jeanne and Joe and get reacquainted with Amy, Erika and Peter.  The food was all great and Jeanne has some great friends. Here are a few pictures.

Jeanne and Joe, the host and hostess with the mostest

Amy

Starr and Lon

Peter a Packer fan?

Erika and Amy

Amy relaxing after doing the cleanup!

Holly and her smile

What a cute couple

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

What an amazing spread Jlynne put out for us last night - we should have taken a picture of the food!   Jeanne is just as lovely in person and she spoiled us immeasurably.

Now Amy and I are enjoying our coffee and she will be running the 5k in a little while.  Not sure what we have on tap for the day, but we are gathering for pasta feasting tonight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Thanks, Jeanne! It was a great get-together and fun to meet all your friends. What a wonderful spread of food! The pictures turned out really well, Starr, thanks!

Mike E

MM #5615

Great pictures!  Can't wait to see more!  Keep 'em comin'!

wildchild

Carolyn

Looks like fun!  Hope you all run well tomorrow!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OK, here are some more pictures from today.

Not a great picture into the sun, but hey, it is SUN!

Races all go through the tunnel, around the field and out to the finish line

Lots of kids in the 5K

It was fun to see Amy run the 5K.

We had a picnic lunch at Egg Harbor

Of course I found some quilts at a craft fair

Lon and I at Lake Michigan

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Great pictures Starr! And I see you did go to Lambeau Field. I hope it wasn't too painful for you Minnesota folks

We had such a great time last night. LOVE the RA folks - and Erika's DH is a riot! He even posed with a Cheesehead blanket! I'm glad everyone had a good time, and my running friends from Green Bay enjoyed meeting my friends from Ohio, Minnesota and Alaska. We have so much leftover food we're going to have to have another party.

I volunteered to work traffic control at the 5k this morning and saw Amy fly by. And I hear she won her AG. Big surprise! Amy is so great - she did the dishes and helped clean up my kitchen last night. I'll invite her back any time.

Great picture of Mike too, and another huge congratulations on a remarkable accomplishment. You rock, and I think there's still time for you to drive to Green Bay for the race tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone likes the course tomorrow. The weather looks great, though a tad on the warm side - at least by Wisconsin standards!

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay, guys...I know you're all having fun and all...but, don't you have a marathon or half marathon, tomorrow?  Geeze...doesn't everybody spend the day before with their feet wrapped up in ice packs?

Jeanne, believe me--I've already had the conversation with Debbie about coming tomorrow...I'll be praying for you all in church.

Have a great time!

Terrific photos, and clearly everyone is having a ton of fun.

Jealous, jealous, jealous...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Looks like you all are having a great time! Good luck to all of our runners!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/