Masters Running

Our Last Christmas (Read 185 times)

TomD

Woods Lady thought I should be more personal. It made me think about the gift, that I will treasure always from Donna on our last Christmas. Our first two Christmas' there were a lot of gifts to each other. Donna loved giving me lots of things on Christmas and I did the same. Last Christmas we did not have much. It was not a good year for us when it came to money, but we had much love for each other. So we made our gifts for each other. As some of you may know from CoolRunning days I worked at Friskie's for 14 years. During that time I buy up a lot of there Christmas decorations each year. So Donna and I would have a Christmas Tree covered with Christmas Cat decorations. It was quite a sight, but we loved it. My gift to Donna were Christmas letters from each of her babies on Christmas morning. Of course a loving card to her from me. This is my gift from Donna My Darling Thomas This is very simple, but when I gazed at the front of it, it truly was you and me. (The card has two cats cuddled together and it was very simple, but also very touching.) The gentle touch, the gentle kiss ...... As you nuzzle my nose, kiss my face (I would gently kiss from her forehead down to her lips), hold my hand, squeeze me tight ....... I feel loved, magical love, forever love, the gift of real love when God gave me you. I knew I was in great poo ....... when God gave me you. I knew I had never felt a love like ours. The kind that makes you smile when you awake, Melt you when he holds you, nurture me when I need you, Chase away all the bad things, and bring me fairy tales to fill my life. You love, nurture, and protect my precious cargo, each and every one of them. As we gaze into life you always make everything precious and Bright. Each and every star that sparkles is just for us. Your are truly my gift as I told you when we met "I knew I loved you before I met you" and I will always love you now and forever. My Darling Thomas, each and every day is so special for us. And this Christmas, we may not have everything we want, but most of all we have each other to share and love this special day together. Merry Christmas my darling, Donald Thomas Detore Love you always now and forever. Your wife, Donna Maria Detore 12-2008 12:02am Christmas morning On this day Donna knew she had a tumor, but she was convinced, that it was not cancer. She was always so positive thinking. Her doctor however told me he could tell my looking at it, that it was cancer. He did not want to ruin her Christmas. So I knew this might be her last Christmas. I have this framed and in our special room that she always loved. On Christmas morning we did not have what we needed for our Christmas meal. Our other two Christmas everything was a big deal, but this one became more special. Even the first Christmas with friends and cooked up an Italian Christmas. I gave Donna eight dozen roses. They were all over the place. Donna and I cooked together. We took turns on Holidays on who made the entree. She did Thanksgiving so it was my turn. Knowing that I did not have what I wanted, I made an entree with what we had. I named it at the time Donna's Christmas Casserole. Donna made a couple of side dishes. I also made my recipe for sweet potatoes and then my Cherry Cheesecake. It was quite a bit. We spent the entire day together with our seven little ones. It was a Christmas to remember. I need to stop. I am running out of tissue. TomD
    wildchild

Carolyn

You two were truly blessed to have such a great love for each other. Three years seems like much too short a time to share such a love, but it's longer than most folks even come close to. Thanks for sharing such heart felt thoughts - I'm gonna need tissues, too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

8 dozen roses??? As in practically 100? WOW Shocked
        Masters 2000 miles
        TomD

I did not want her to forget our first Christmas and Donna loved roses. We had friends over that first Christmas and it made her so proud to show them off. TomD