Masters Running

Finally Friday, the last one in June....6/28/19 (Read 42 times)

Joe618

Good morning masters runners!   Welcome to the end of the week.   Rockin' it, all of you.

Great stuff, all of you, on Thursday.   No time for a full recap but this group is terrific.

Just got in from four miles that felt OK.   It struck me we are now full-on summertime...the birds of summer, the bugs of summer, the smells of summer, the h&h of summer...all back.   It IS NICE to be so simple to go out and run though...throw on a shirt and shorts and boom, we're outdoors.   Unlike the heavy layering of winter in the Midwest.

Rock your Friday all!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Good morning masters runners!   Welcome to the end of the week.   Rockin' it, all of you.

Great stuff, all of you, on Thursday.   No time for a full recap but this group is terrific.

Rock your Friday all!!

I agree!!! I love this group and wish I could get keep up more frequently!!!

((Starr)) I am so sorry your dh fell off again. I can only imagine how difficult that must be for you and him, but am so very proud of you for your 7th sober anniversary and will keep praying

Yesterday 5.5 trail miles with my Thursday morning crew. It felt so good to be out on the trails again and was the perfect easy paced recovery run I needed from last Saturday's race. It was also my first run since because of doing 3 12 hour shifts in a row and DOMS big time!!  Spent the rest of the day at Davis Farmland with Justin and the girls - place was amazing!! Tons of animals the girls could feed and hold. Baby goats who love to cuddle!! Maria even held 2 snakes!! They also have a huge splash pad the girls loved!!! My son Nicholas, his wife and the baby all met us for an ice cream later. Then dinner with 2 of my nursing school best friends --- it was a day filled with many blessings!!

Heading out now for spin and body pump!!

Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY FRIENDS!!!

denise

Thanks, Joe and good morning y'all.   Dog was up in the night so I don't feel rested.  3.5 miles for this morning.  Off to work!  Later....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

Thanks, Joe and good morning y'all.   Dog was up in the night so I don't feel rested.  3.5 miles for this morning.  Off to work!  Later....

I was up most of the night myself.  Worst night since the surgery  but I don't know why.  Pain is not an issue.  Just uncomfortable I guess.

Up early [not j'clock early] and did a slow one mile walk in the neighborhood.  The pesky insects were up early also. 

Trails Rock!

dg.

good morning!

can see I missed more that shouldn't be missed on Thursday, so I will try to catch up later.

I will be laying low for a few days.  My DSO is out of town, and it's a bit of a staycation for me  (he is an extrovert.  I, to put it mildly, am not).   My goal is to catch up inside & out, though the rib thing timing could be a bit better, I have a lot of work planned.  am being careful & picking and choosing what I can & can't do.   I even took 2 days off work, which I almost never do.  yesterday, I didn't hurry.  maybe not even once.  I'd forgotten what that's like!  another goal is to not to talk to anyone alll weekend!  helps with focus, and presence.   the time will fly by and the usual routine will be back...

thanks for the rib hugs!  ; ).    (dnaff it's ok to joke about it!)     Doug I appreciate the new running suit, it is a keeper.  But a quantity discount would have been in order for this group.   Would make a snazzy relay team costume too, don't you think?   

any opinions on when you can run post rib breakage?   It's not a bad one, does not hurt constantly.  breathing, coughing, sneezing (ack!) & shifting & various motions are still issues.   went to the gym this morning, didn't want to!  just 20 on the bike & 20 on the arc trainer, then bailed because it is a vacation after all, & I want to be outside.   talked to the trainer there, she said talk to a dr., but to avoid impact, even with a mild fracture, esp. considering core muscle activation and movement.    I'd thought I would run this morning, google said no... actually am still planning it for Sunday but suggestions would be appreciated.

2kitty I hope you are ok.  haven't caught up on the latest.

Starr..... big hugs and love to you.   Like everyone else, I'm so sorry about what you're going through.  am very proud of you.  And I can't think of a better way to say this...  you are a blessing to your entire family.   keep in touch if you can.  oh!  your rabbit hole comment (re getting caught up with the daily) was perfect!

where's Jeanne??

happy friday!

anneb

Morning all. Overslept some but made time for a 3.6 mile run around the neighborhood. It was quite warm and muggy (75 already!) which makes keeping the pace slow much easier. I think I’m going to have to get out my handheld so I remember to take some water with me tomorrow! No need for it on short neighborhood runs (can always run by a park).

TGIF!

Anne

pfriese

Out a bit earlier for today's easy 8 mile run, it was still pretty warm & muggy though (jtwili).

Paul

dnaff

Thunder clouds rolled in yesterday just before supper time.  The temps dropped 15 degrees but no rain.  KInd of weird, but it provided a nice opportunity to run.  I hit a pretty quick pace too so I'm happy about that.

Today I'm enjoying a garage sale next door.  In other words, all kinds of strangers in the neighborhood and people cutting thru the yard and driveway.  I don't mind a bit because the dog finds it very entertaining. She is the "Gladys Kravitz" of the neighborhood so she's in heaven.  I'm happy because I'm currently not the center of her universe.  A little free time for me.

Rest day today as well. Looking forward to being quite lazy.

Henrun

Hot and muggy here too. Very slow3.6 miles this morning. Did my Charles River loop and missed the usual breeze.

Went to a jazz club last night for a terrific Klezmer concert. So a bit tired from being wired before falling asleep. Now to rest and cool off.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

any opinions on when you can run post rib breakage?

dg - I am not aware of any posting

rules regarding either running or injuries

so you are good.

2.9 morning miles in 1:12:55 (25:12m/m).
                      Another j-o’clock start up the main 305 stair
                      stairway followed by 50 times up the steepest
                      top 54 for 3,005 stairs.

Not that I’m a rule breaker or anything like that
                      but tripped and scraped right knee, tearing some skin

but not much blood on ascent no. 43.

Sorry I didn't know about it sooner.

Could’a measured on my MapMyWalk
                      or MapMyHike but, as far as I’m concerned,
                      even 25:12m/m has become worthy
                      of my MapMyRun, . . . so there!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Joe.

I got out for 5.9 EZ RW miles in moderately dense fog this morning. Then DW and I went to our favorite dive for breakfast, packed our clothes and the car, and are now in heavy traffic (DW is driving this stint), on our way to NJ for a quick partial family reunion (only about 30-35 people) this weekend, stopping for a quick visit with my sister on the way. See ya!

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

dg - I was told not to runoff 3 weeks after rib breakage.  I did lots of fast walking and probably lasted 2 weeks

back from 2+ hours of manual book sorting in our Temple library.  we had major renovations last year, so first category sort was today's chore.

walking in HHH later

((starr and DH))

TammyinGP

Good Morning Great Ones!  
                            I'm not running today but I think I can still post anyways, at least that seems to be encouraged. 
                            Full day at work, despite the fact that the boss decided we will now close our offices at 4 pm on Fridays. But I have a county meeting at 5:30 near my work, so might as well just work (aka, fool around on the interwebs) until 5:30.  Then meeting DH for probably some wine/appetizers after that. 
                            I'm looking forward to my weekend - planning on about 10 miles in the morning, then have a bridal shower to go to at a winery in the afternoon. Then my mom and I are going out for dinner tomorrow night. DH and DS are heading up to Roseburg (one hours north) for the car races Sat afternoon/evening, so will have an evening to myself at home to control the remote if I want 

contemplating a road trip with my dad in late Aug. He is driving back to MN for 2 weeks for his class reunion, visiting my grandma (my mom's mom), seeing some other HS and military buddies of his, then driving down to Illinois to see other people. I am unable to fly back with my mom/dad in early July to see my grandma (airfare way too expensive for me), but I could drive back with him, and then just get a one way ticket home. I think this will likely be my last opportunity to see my grandma as her health is failing and I would like to see her while she still has her mind. She's 95 now. This would give us some nice father-daughter time on our drive to MN, plus allow me to see my g'ma a last time. I think I've pretty much talked myself into it now. 

Liz, sorry you had an uncomfortable night but glad it wasn't due to some pain settling in.
                            Starr, I wish I had words of wisdom but I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers that your husband will come to the decision to abandon the bottle for good. In the meantime, you just keep being you - - strong, confident and be the example of how good life when sober 100% of the time.

Tammy

. . . the dog finds it very entertaining. She is the "Gladys Kravitz" of the neighborhood . . .

Starr - You're not throwing someone under the bus when you speak the truth.  And the fact you're hanging in there, talking to your Hub, doing what's hard for you and sharing with others, it shows your love and devotion to him and to yourself.

Liz - Good job on getting out for a walk!  You're going to heal quickly.

Nothing for me so far today.  I don't know if I'll do anything or not.  Depends if I decide to go to the ballgame tonight with The Hub.

Dinner last night with 3 of my favorite lady friends, then we walked and talked for about another half hour.  Love those ladies ~~

Okay - Off to the races. Happy Friday ~~

Image result for it's friday!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

Long day at the office yesterday and no workout. I used to workout when I worked full time in an office years ago but I can't seem to do it now. Part of it is the hour commute each way. Accident and construction made the morning commute worse than usual.

I ran 2 miles this morning to prove to the world I was still alive. I was too tired to do any more. I beat all the regulars to the park this morning so when I quit after just 2 miles they had no way to know how little I did.   (If they even pay attention. I tend to notice what others are doing, especially if they go up one of the big hills, but other people may not be paying any attention to my existence.)

We leave Tuesday at noon to see the grandkids in Florida and I start a month of very little work. I can barely force myself to get anything done in the meantime. I struggle to start a task, but once I start I do pretty good until it is done. Then I am stuck again. I just want to climb in the car now and head out.

The Disney store in the mall is closing so I picked up a bag full of discounted Toy Story 4 toys. I hope to reclaim my title as the greatest of all the grandparents. (Of my grandkids that is. Not the whole world.)  I need a few more things yet.