Masters Running

Tues 1-8 Boomies runs aand wo's (Read 711 times)

Just a quick entry - busy at work this morning. 6.38 miles at 10:26 recovery pace. Legs still tired from Sundays 16 miles-with-fast-finish, but that's OK. I don't mind being slow when I know I'm recovering from a good workout.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresa and wildchild: Lots of engineers on these boards, apparently. I'm a mechanical engineer by education, and a software engineer by profession. My DW is also an engineer, but our DS is definitely not. A friend who is also part of an engineering couple already has two engineer daughters and another about to enter college. I was torn between running in the warm temps today and resting my leg, but fortunately it was pouring rain when I woke up so the decision was easy. Good running to everyone today!
      Cool, Doug! Did I mention that DH is an engineer, also? We met in grad school and now we run our own company out of our house. I have one sister, and she said anything BUT engineering, even though she was good at math. But she's a teacher, so she gets that from my dad, anyway. I did my 2.0 miles today. Seemed a little harder than I expected for such a short distance. Maybe it's because I've been running very consistently the last several weeks. It was 39 degrees!!!! Warmest I can remember in awhile. I didn't even need my YakTrax. I hope everyone gets some good runs in! Teresa
        Good morning Boomers. Decided to quit whining about my sore ankle and just get out there. 6.1 miles in foggy pea soup in 52:30 plus a 5 minute jump rope session. I can't believe our incredible luck with weather lately! Near 40F which for this area is unheard of at this time of the year. I'm enjoying every minute of it because I know it won't last... The CellCom Marathon starts its training runs this Saturday - one for 1/2 marathoners and 1 for full. Looking forward to seeing some old friends. The collage is awesome - how do you get a picture in there? Good Tuesday runs, everyone.
        Mariposai

Good morning friends. I have yoga class tonight, so I decided to get up early and run 4 miles on the mill. The legs felt amazingly fresh after the 6 miles at the gym last night. Running outside is still out of the questions, the roads are icy, icy, icy. This Tuesday tempos are starting to feeling a little bit easier as the weeks go by. I ran 2 miles at 9:13 and 1 mile at 8:57 (I know, this pace is a crawling pace for some people here...but it sure felt fast for my legs ) Blush W/u and c/d was done at a much more slower pace. Happy runny and happy tapering to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Got a call this morning from the doctor's office. The x-rays of my left knee area show nothing wrong. This is the invariable result when I have x-rays: nothing appears to be wrong, despite disabling pain. They also gave me a referral for physical therapy which I suppose I ought to follow up. Fat Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              This is the invariable result when I have x-rays: nothing appears to be wrong, despite disabling pain.
              Isn't this an inherent limitation of x-rays? They're good for showing bones, but not so much with soft tissue, which is where most joint pain comes from. I think an MRI or related technology is required to see ligaments, cartilage, and all that stuff clearly. And even then I don't know if they can tell much unless something is clearly torn. If you go with PT, I hope it works for you. My experience with PT has not been that great, but it's been limited at best.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

5.1 lunchtime miles in tropical Rochester NY. Heading for the gym after work.
                SteveP

We're getting a steady rain in Northern MI. I'm attepmting to make a matle style shelf. I may need bigger, more powerful, cooler saws........ Cool When the rain abates, I'll put in a few miles...Providing I still have all my digits.

SteveP

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Glad to see I didn't scare Perch off with my tough love the other day. Wink
                    Confused

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

#artbydmcbride

Got in 1.5 miles at lunch time yesterday and last night I tried out my new wireless headset on the treadmill! Big grin It was totally cool! Mr. Forward started his training last night. He doesn't want to let his relay team members down. Smile (Hey, nice collage JJJessee, I like that picture of me.)

Runners run

evanflein

Ok, cool idea on the profile... but the pictures are all so small! At least on my computer (I'm on the PC at work). Smaller than avatars. Does everyone else get that effect? If I didn't know what/who those pictures were, there's no way I'd recognize anyone... but I see Holly and I see Choovie and I see PDR and I see Arf and.... -8 this morning. I'll run on the 'mill after work.
                        seemomgo

Another snowy day in Colorado...more shoveling and only 2.5 miles on the treadmill. We shovel four neighbors driveways regularly - so at least I feel I am building some upper body strength! It sure is a beautiful day though...blue skies and glistening white snow. Just like a postcard!
                          Dave59

Run: 4 slow and unevenly paced miles in the rain for me this morning. 1st mile I stopped and tried to stretch some because I felt super tight. Mile 3 I stopped for a bathroom break. Miles 2 and 4 were halfway decent. Wo: I ran on the rail trail today where the trains used to go "Woooo Woooo".

TammyinGP

Good morning everyone! It's been awhile since I posted over here so thought I'd pop in and say hello to you all. Mariposai - I love that avatar pic of yours. You always have such a radiant smile on your face! today was my son's first day back to school after a long 2 wk break and then an unexpected snow cancellation yesterday. He was NOT happy about not being able to return to school yesterday. But once we got outside and started throwing snowballs at each other, he cheered up. I'm glad to be back at work today after two fragmented weeks. I didn't take the entire time off, but just worked a few days here and there. I will get in a run on the TM during lunch time today. I didn't run yesterday, but did get in a 1.5 mile snowy walk, snowball fighting and some shoveling. I ran 9 miles on the TM on Sunday. I will officially start my marathon training the week of Jan. 7th. I'm following Higdon's Novice 2 plan and the first 3-4 wks are basically what I'm doing now - in fact, it's a little less than what I'm doing now, so I'll just keep running my 25 mpw and then start increasing the beginning of Feb. My only goal at Eugene is to finish and hopefully look as happy as Mariposai, or Tet, does when they run. If I can do that, that my first marathon is a success in my eyes. Have a good day everyone!

Tammy

Tramps

Confused
                                From Friday's thread:
                                Steve, Steve, Steve—do you think it’s wise for a southerner to start showing photos of ice-chunks? In that game, the northerners will bury you quicker than you can scream, “avalanche!” Heck, Tall’s running in -22F for a date! Suck it up, buddy. When it’s in the 90s with 100% humidity, then you can whine.

Be safe. Be kind.