Masters Running

Tues 1-8 Boomies runs aand wo's (Read 711 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ok, cool idea on the profile... but the pictures are all so small! At least on my computer (I'm on the PC at work). Smaller than avatars. Does everyone else get that effect? If I didn't know what/who those pictures were, there's no way I'd recognize anyone... but I see Holly and I see Choovie and I see PDR and I see Arf and....
    I just had a Romper Room flash back! Romper stomper, domper do, tell me, tell me, tell me who . . . .

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

0530 50f 4mi ez 9:30 hr=125 ish, same as my 10mi 8:30 pace last week. but i took yesterday off. carb depletion works with me! i can't run fast now at all! the front page image reminds me of a particular eye exam i had a few months ago:
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good afternoon to all. have to get back in the habit of posting on the daily. I dragged out the shorts for 3.2 miles in 40F this morning. 28:30 for an easy pace. guess it's over 50 now so I got in early. Felt great. While in VA last week I saw an ad for a race in Richmond, VA that made me think of SteveP. The Monument Ave 10K ENCOURAGES all participants to dress as their favorite cartoon character Big grin Doing anything the 1st week in April? Looks like it would be fun to run with 20,000 of your closest friends.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Ow ow, now I have a headache from squinting at mcsolar's eye chart. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          BTY

Ow ow, now I have a headache from squinting at mcsolar's eye chart. Dark Horse
            Don't look TOO close - that's actually Howard Stern on the bottom two rows. 4 miles out along the Hudson River on this beautiful May April March February January day. 56F, slight breeze. Mr. White and I did the same workout - 4m, 38min, 9:30 pace. bty

Top 'O the World!

Another snowy day in Colorado...more shoveling and only 2.5 miles on the treadmill. We shovel four neighbors driveways regularly - so at least I feel I am building some upper body strength! It sure is a beautiful day though...blue skies and glistening white snow. Just like a postcard!
              >>>>>what she said! me too! Big grin Oh, she forgot to mention 4*F "real feel temp" this am Shocked
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              munchkn883

Sounds like some nice runs this morning...even in the fog & cold. While you all were having these wonderful runs I was sitting in the corner chair at my oncologist's office hooked up to the pump. Second treatment of my new drugs and shot (ouch). All went well there and Mr. Munch took me out to lunch!! Will rest a little this afternoon and try not to touch my hip...that has to be the biggest needle ever and feels like it goes in about 3 inches! Shocked We're praying my markers have come down even more...results will be coming hopefully by end of week. Love to all!

GreenMan

IRC+ 45min XT 6.5 recovery miles 1+ on wu/cd walk includes .75 miles barefoot on grass Felt wonderful at the end. JJJ
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    ((((munch's hip)))) ((((great dh))) ksrunr

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

Good runs and workouts out there folks! I have been swamped since the alarm went off at 5 AM (that would be the beagle demanding breakfast by nudging my hand out of the covers....he's 91 in dog years, but tenacious!). I did mange to get out for a marathon pace run at about noon today. It was 52F with bright sunshine. There is (was) still a foot of snow on the ground, but melting fast. The whole run was 8 miles in 1:02 with 6 miles at 7:50-7:38 pace. I am working with Coach on bringing marathon pace down into the 7:45 range, but I was all over the place today. I had to make a presentation this morning to a women in philanthropy group and I think my nerves were still a bit jangly. I speak in public all the time and still get intense butterflies even so. Anyway...I got into a groove after the first two MP miles--7:38 and 7:42 and held it closer to 7:48 pace. Okay for now. MC.....! I am still trying to adjust to progressive lenses! Stop that and go back to eating some steak and bacon will ya? Okay, back to the desk. The dudes are at hockey practice and I need to use the quiet to jam on a report I am writing. Happy trails friends, CNY P.S. Hugs to you Munch....hang tough!
                      evanflein

{{{{Munch's hip!}}} Where's Deb?
                          Pouring rain out here.Just the way I love my run!!! It's true I do love running in the rain 2.5K warm up then 5X1K at sub 3:40 per K with 1 minute rest in between 2.5K cooldown Now to whip up a quick dinner for the girls before coaching b-ball at 6. We are having two practices this week to prepare the girls for their big game on Saturday. They have been off for 3 weeks so we need to regroup. Take care my friends. Feeling fantastic today...I owe it all to one special gal. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

Feeling fantastic today...I owe it all to one special gal.
                            Big grin So happy for you Tall.
                              Thanks Evanflein Love your wolf avatar. My totem is the wolf and my gal made me a beautiful necklace of stones and woven hemp with a wolf tooth at the end. For those that know me, it was perfect. The wolf also fits my personality: The wolf totem is supposed to be: To understand totem wolf symbols, one must first understand the heart of the Wolf. This takes time because the Wolf has had to endure many false stereotypes, misconceptions and misunderstandings. Some common traits that accompany totem wolf symbols: Intelligence Cunning Communication Friendliness Loyalty Generosity Compassionate Not at all the picture of ferocity or terror, the Wolf is a creature with a high sense of loyalty and strength. Another misconception is that of the “lone wolf.” To the contrary, the Wolf is actually a social creature, friendly, and gregarious with its counterparts. The Wolf is an incredible communicator. By using touch, body movements, eye contact as well as many complex vocal expressions – the wolf makes his point understood. Those with totem wolf symbols are of the same inclination – they are expressive both vocally and physically. Those who have the wolf as their totem animal are naturally eloquent in speech, and also have knack for creative writing. Totem wolf symbols belong to those who truly understand the depth of passion that belong to this noble creature. The Wolf is a representative of deep faith, and profound understanding. Further, the Wolf possess a high intellect, and have been observed using strategies about hunting, habitat and migration. Is the wolf your totem also?

Recent Best times: None recently

#artbydmcbride

I think down here there is a stereotype of the Wolf being a guy who chases wimmen. Isn't that right, Dark Horse? Big grin

Runners run