Masters Running

Saturday, November 5. Baby boomers and popping babies (Read 33 times)

SteveP

On the way up to the hospital. DD number two is getting ready to  blessed us with our fourth grandchild. Please advise.

SteveP

Good luck Steve! Please post some pictures of the new arrival!

8 miles this morning in glorious 43° temps with no wind. The most beautiful sunrise filled with streaks of pink and white fluffy clouds. The geese were flying, the ducks were quacking - even saw a couple of deer scavenging for the remainders in a corn field that was just harvested.

Off to watch the grandboys play basketball.

Carpe Diem good people!

Mike E

MM #5615

OH NO!  We have two Saturday threads going at the same time!  Good luck to DD number two!  Congratulations to you all!

I have to get going to the State Cross Country Meet!  And go post on the other Saturday daily. See Ya!

Dave59

Congratulations Steve.

I had a good 4-mile run this morning. 40° and heavy fog. I went over to a park in Huntington that has a crushed gravel loop just short of a mile long.  On each loop I had to go a little further past my car before I clicked off another mile.  On the last loop I saw a coffee truck setting up so I stopped at my car on the way by it and picked up some money.  My 4th mile ended up right next to the truck so I ordered a nice hot 16oz Americano.

Perfect ending to my first run of the season in a hat & gloves.

SteveP

If it's a boy, I will buy him a cape and name him "Mini Me". If it's a girl, I will buy her a cape and name her "Minnie Me".

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

If it's a boy, I will buy him a cape and name him "Mini Me". If it's a girl, I will buy her a cape and name her "Minnie Me".

Sounds like Twocat had a great race - can't wait to hear the details!

We are having a dinner party tonight, so I am busy cleaning and cooking, so I will be brief.

13 miles for me this morning in 39-43 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

My DS and DIL and GD2 have 2 dogs - one is Mini mi - toy chihuahua

congrats twocat - awesome race. hope your DW did well also.

no run today - just lots of walking and some time with GD2 while she climbed trees and acted like a 9 yo

marj

SteveP

Can someone share the Face Book picture ofJosie Rae.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Can someone share the Face Book picture ofJosie Rae.

Minnie Me it is!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

On the way up to the hospital. DD number two is getting ready to  blessed us with our fourth grandchild. Please advise.

...Congratulations for the New BatBaby........

Home til  I can Vote and go BACK to knowville,

they were going to let me ''sleep''  last night,

then

the smoke alarm started ''chirping'' at 4-AM ( which is 3-AM our time)

and I spent the next 4-hours trying to locate the damn thing

........so, REST DAY....

luckily Pickles hadn't rented out my room

.......good running to the rest of you

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Congratulations, Steve and DW! And of course to DD and her family!

^5 to Twocat for a greta race! Nice time and negative splits, to boot!

Good timing, Dave!  Smart detour for some cash.

Sounds like some good stuff going on around here! For us, we got SNOW! Yes, what started as a chilly but just cloudy day turned into overcast with snow all day long. Drat! Well, I know we need the snow, but I sure wasn't expecting it today! Made my run very difficult. I was hoping for a nice 8 mile run, ended up with 6.5 and that was enough. Definitely do not have my snow legs yet. I think the treadmill is looking like a good option for tomorrow.