Masters Running

Sunday Feb 4.2017 (Read 38 times)

mrrun

Coastwalker is RWing a race along beautiful Cape Ann, and no one has taken up the gauntlet.

No recaps except belated happy birthday to surly bill, ((injured)), and high fives for the great workouts for everyone else

Finally, got a run from our new digs - altho i tend to run nekkid most of the time, i used my garmin to determine distance of new routes.  it's amazing how a 1.5 mile move can create all new routes and areas that are unfamiliar - all in the same town.  just over 3 miles in the new 'hood.

have a greta sunday!

marj

Henrun

2:5 miles after Marj had almost finished her run. Saw a bunch of Boston marathoners. For the most part they’ve had decent conditions for their weekend LR’s.

Pouring rain up here in Monteagle and we know the rule! Marginal treadmill here at the retreat center for 3.3 miles.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Congrats on the new digs, Marj and Henry.

5 miles before the rain started. (Yuck.)

Go Pats!

Even if you hate 'em, it's all good.  The dynasty ends today, either way.

Be safe. Be kind.

a Happy B'Day to surly bill//////............and here is our Traditional B'Day Music for ya........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpp5LEEaj0

......Rest and Heal........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bioguy

Hi all

Very nice 8 miler today that felt great. Cold and rainy now. Am going to go to my classroom and work a few hours then hit the grocery store.

Tailwinds!

spacityrunner

6.2 miles on the trails this morning.  Cool and foggy.  It was fun!

Trails Rock!

Dave59

Rest day here. 

I have the game set to record in case I decide to watch it.  We'll see how I feel later.

TammyinGP

just a quick 5k on the hometrails with the dogs before starting food prep for a SB party we are going to later.  Gives me 24 for the week.

Tammy

Rest day here.  Left leg/knee is feeling a bit wonky, so lots of massage and TLC.  Yesterday, climbing on and off a bar stool to clean the cabinets made me realize just how weak that leg still is.

The Hub made a big pot of veggie stew and I'm currently working on tax stuff.  Will settle in later for the SB.  I just want it to be a good game.

Later ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

33 degrees this morning and windy with something that was between drizzle and snow.  The wind made it feel colder than it should have been, and by 7 miles I was damp through and through and my hands were aching. I turned back home, changed into dry clothes, and finished my run on the TM.

13 miles total - 9 outside and 4 on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Hey all - sounds like we are all getting some cruddy weather. Cold and windy here and snow soon.

Race day today - Groundhog 7. No entry fee just bring canned goods for the local pantry. Managed by one of our runner clubs. Always a solid crowd. Managed a decent race for a change.

Sorry about the hotel treadmill Karen but that's the rule rather than the exception.

Sounds like a perfect spot for you Marj and Henry

Can't root for the Pats. Can respect them but not root for them.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

3.5 recovery miles on some very tired legs. Healing vibes to all in need, happy running to the rest and enjoy the SB tonight!

Decided not to run today. Too depressed over the OR/Stanford game. No; although my knees are remarkably better today and I don't think running would hurt them at all, I think a second day off is good insurance. The skin on my palms, shoulder and knees is much better, and I can see the rocks that I didn't scrub out when I got back to my van. It's nice to have a shower system along! that's the second time I've washed and scrubbed my running wounds when I got back to the van!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sitting PR (6-hours) - was having such a good time that six hours passed from 9:30am - 3:30 pm before I thought it might be time for a lunch break at the city's annual Citizenship Fair joining up at the Seattle Center with other immigration volunteers to help immigrants fill out the intimidating 20-page naturalization application and not get scared away like one guy had been for 45 years because of an encounter with the police in 1980 that has to be included even though no charges were ever filed.  After a sandwich, went back for another three hours total even longer than marathons take nowadays.

I like askin' 'em all a common question on the current president of the United States from the naturalization test they'll have to take during their interviews in about 10 months.  Usually, half or 3/4 get it right but, for some reason, for the last two years, everyone got it right.  However, as usual, nobody knew the name of the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.  Do you?

GO Pats! If marj and henry like Tom Brady

and the New England Patriots,  so can I, . . .

at least for today.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)