Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 7.3.19 (Read 46 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

CONGRATS, Holly! I'm very excited for you for (finally) the recognition and the raise. I hope you'll take even just a little bit of the new money and treat yourself because you deserve it.

Great photos of a beautiful area yesterday, Tramps.

Great photos of you, DH, and Mia, anneb.

Good luck with the toes, Henrun, and enjoy the Hamptons. We used to camp out there before it got so built up, and didn't even think to look for celebs.

Twocaat, are you unhappy about fireworks on the 3rd instead of the 4th? I'd be too.

Today I have to pick up a load of luan (wood) that is used for some of our products, also pick up a new pair of RW shoes, get a haircut, do some grocery shopping, and, oh yeah, get some work done, and then mow the lawn if there's still time before I make dinner.

No workout this morning: I was too dang tired after a few nights if inadequate sleep, so I went back to bed after feeding the cat at 4 and stayed for another hour before getting up, doing some stretching, and getting the day started.

Tomorrow I'll be racing the "4 On The Fourth" in York, ME. Hope it's not too hot...

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Already hot here. Tested my toe by going out for a 1 mile run. Felt good. Driving out to the Montauk lighthouse and expect to do a lot of walking.

Good luck tomorrow Jay. I ran that race several times eons ago.

Tramps

Thanks, Jay.

Congrats, Holly. Well-deserved, I'm sure.

4 H&H miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

dnaff

Wait, Tramps you can't claim those 4 h&h miles because they are mine!  I guess great minds think alike as I did the same distance.  I wonder whose were the 'sloggiest'?

I went purposely slow and made myself slow down as each mile ticked by.  But I'd find myself back up to pace quickly.  I think I just wanted it over with.

Holly, congrats on being acknowledged at work.  They say money isn't a motivator, but darn, its nice to get!!

Put me in the group that is unable to see the puppy picture.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

If I could do yesterday's 3,000 stairs in 45 minutes, I figured it should be possible to do 4,000 in an hour this morning so I did, even though the first good rain since March required making u, .  . I mean, invoking exception no. 3 to running rule no. 1, namely, okay to run when the summer rain"s like a cool, refreshing shower to keep you comfortable instead of the freezing hypothermia of wintertime runs, . . . I think.

Erika - are your fireworks on July 3 too as ours used to be too a little southeast of you or we'd have to stay up until midnight the fourth and into the fifth to see them?

Starr - my MapMy_____ apps make me mad when they say, "no movement," as they say a lot, especially on hills, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good morning!    3.2 VERY muggy miles this morning.  (not complaining-  I save that for winter.....but still...)    I'm not going to race tomorrow, but will go to the group run that starts close to my house and run 10K.    Work ends early today and I'm taking Friday off.  Not much is going on this week, generally, although my job never really eases up.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good Morning, Friends ~~

I saw the puppy yesterday. Cutie Pa-Tootie.

Tet - Go Beyond Racing used to do a 24 hr event at Hagg Lake, which I was able to participate one time.  Made it 72 miles, which brought me back around to the start line and I stopped.  Later I kicked myself in the butt because I know I could've made it another 5 miles before the 24 hr cutoff.  I did that race to get a flavor of being on my feet all night moving.  It's certainly not easy.  I wish they'd bring it back, but I think it was a money-loser for them.  I actually got first place female for the trail runners!  The race gave you the option of running the trail or the road about the lake.  Whichever you chose, you had to stick with.  It was 14 miles around the lake, which made it not so bad re repetition.  I'm not sure I could do a 24 hr event where it was only a 1- or 2-mile circle.  That would be really tough, mentally.

Nothing for me yet today.  I'll pick up my pass for McKay Tract after work, then head to the gym for some ellipticalling.  The Hub is smoking tri-tips tomorrow for the Alano Club's annual 4th of July BBQ.  I'll work for awhile, then head to the BBQ in the afternoon.

Something pretty cool - The Hub went to the Crabs game last night and had the opportunity to talk with a former co-worker and his wife, neither of whom he'd seen or talked to since the whole life-changing event over 8 yrs ago.  He said they had a really good talk.  He was pretty stoked. I'm very happy for him.

Okay - Work calls!

Image result for hump day meme

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

I love the video for Lewis Capaldi's new song, but it is sort of a tear-jerker.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCuhuePlP8o

It was 78 degrees here at 5:30am, but I got out for 7 miles before it got hot.  However, when I was two miles from home the sky opened up with a major downpour (the weather man said it wouldn't rain until afternoon ) and I got drenched.  So, the last two miles were not so fun, but I don't think it counts as breaking Rule #1 since it was not raining when I set out and the weather man lied.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

At 78°, that must have felt refreshing!

Need to survive a few more hours before lakeside calls.  Hope not more than 1/3 of MA folks will be heading north

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dang it, Holly!  But a very good reminder how important organ donation is.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sorry Tramps and dnaff, but my 4 miles this morning were definitely the sloggiest (JTWILI). So that make three of us! My runs from home always start out downhill, which still fools me into thinking I'm doing better than I am. The reality hit on the way back when the cloud cover started to thin out and the sun started jacking up the thermometer, and the final uphill (payback for the downhill start) kicked my butt as usual lately.

A little residual soreness in my right calf, but nothing bothering me while on the run. A good sign, maybe?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

bioguy

No run today; taking my son to see The Rolling Stones in DC, so I’ll be getting home well after my bedtime.

pfriese

Afternoon all.

I was up & out early again to try to beat the heat. I was somewhat successful though it was 80 degrees when I finished. Hanson's strength training  today (a day early this week), 1.5 mile warm up, 6x1 miles at HM pace with 400m recoveries, 1.5 mile cool down, for a total of 10.5 miles today. I'm still trying to get everything squared away before leaving town. Probable sporadic posting for the next 10 days.

Paul

anneb

Good day masters. Congrats Holly on the recognition/raise. It’s always so nice to know you’re appreciated.

Off of work, but didn’t get around to having time for a run until late morning; given it was already 85 and humid, I decided to keep it easy and run on the treadmill. Tomorrow, I’ll really try to be out the door to run in reasonable temps (pretty much before 7). 5 miles for me, a few puppy (walk) miles and a few more of those later I’m sure.

We’re out getting groceries and everything is packed! One more stop at Binny’s and we are set for the weekend.

Anne

mrrun

I haven't really been following, but have to say Congrats Holly - well deserved!

We're in the Hamptons with my SIL so I've done some biking, but minimal walking.  Yesterday we (not Henrun) went clamming and oystering which I hadn't done in 60+ years.  Since everyone's complaining about runs in the HHH, standing in calf to waist deep water with a rake felt really good.  My arms hurt last night as I used muscles I didn't know I had.  We ate clams on the grill last night and tonight will be the clams and oysters.  Today we drove out to Montauk Point to the lighthouse and picnic near the beach.

Happy Fourth all!

marj