Masters Running

Tuesday, 09 June 2009. Running and happiness! (Read 379 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

75°F

88 %

5 fabulous miles with Ralph.  We ran down memory lane because we ran by where the hospital used to be.  Twenty years ago our son, Joe, was born there. They have since torn down the hospital and are building the new W&M School of Ed. there.  It was cool because we ran past about the same time I was going into labor 20 years ago.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Especially Running Smarter Amie!  It's her birthday, too!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Happly Birthday RCG's DS Joe! Nice run down memory lane

7 miles in 1:01:25

....consisting of: 2 miles with Tory and Sadie at 9:40 pace then 5 miles at 8:25 pace.  Drippy, humid (92%, 71F), sweat rate 4.8 lbs/hr (AHR 160, max 175 on hill charge). I miss cool weather!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

5.6 miles for me last night.  It was easy and relaxed with beautiful weather.

Got to run by our local high school and check out the final stages of "construction" of the new building that will be complete by this fall just in time for my DD's freshman year. 

Good runs all, Janet

Nice runs Buerhle, Perch, and Janet.

An unplanned Tempo run happened this morning.  I was able to get up early enough to join the Local Clubbers.  I hooked up with another couple of guys who I knew were quicker than me.

One of them dragged me along for 6 miles with the last 3 at sub 8 - the last mile at 7:30.  It didn't feel too bad.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

5.5 slow and gentle miles in a very sticky 73 degrees.  Last day of school for the kids today.  I forgot to include the summer childcare expense in my budget for the week, so hopefully the sitter will wait until Friday to get paid....

ETA - Buehrle - re bugs on the trail run - other than a couple gnats I inhaled, I don't remember a single bug bothering me.  Too early in the day, I guess.  I think in the evening is when they really become annoying.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, gang!

buehrle - nice run with Ralph!

Perch - good to see you back.

Heat and humidity seem to be raising their ugly heads - seems like only last week we were still having freeze warnings here........

7.5 hilly miles this morning - it was overcast and around 57 with seemingly low humidity.  At least I felt more sproink than yesterday.  This marks day 2 of the new marathon training schedule - guess I need to dig it out and actually look at it ;-) 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Bugs ..... we can't hardly step outside our door without getting eaten alive by flying pterodactyls (aka mosquitos).  ack!

Nice run down memory lane this morning Rose!   Happy birthday to Miss Amie too!!

I could not get out of bed today.   Well, I could have, but simply did not .... so rather than post a run, I will post a picture for Sue.   One of the puppies at her new home along Lake Michigan:

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Rockin' sockin' thunderstorm this morning, which was okay since I went to the Y for TM "hills." 

½ mile @ 4%

½ mile @ 8%

7 miles @ 12%

ETA: Byll, 13-minute miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

Tramps, 7 miles at 12%???  Wow.

Bill

ETA: Tramps, whatever pace at that incline is amazing.  You'd have to put me down.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Thanks RCG and Mary, nice pic Mary!  Wow RCG, it's hard to think of our 2 yr old and 6 mo old as turning 20!   Yep, my niece just turned 20 two weeks ago, good memory and nice run, we all could have run together Smile

50 min Birthday run, 5.63 miles to reflect on life and the past and the future.  One year from now I will officially belong here!  It's hard to believed that I've "known" a lot of you since I was 34 back at the beginning of 2005 and got lots of encouraging words and words of wisdom, thank you for that!

Just enjoyed an M&M ice cream sandwich after my run to celebrate my birthday and another pound down on my weight loss ... started at 124 PP and am down to 109!  Yeah!  I had hoped to be back at my pre-pregnancy weigt of 108 by my birthday but I'll take it!

It's a great day!  Have a great run out there today!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                      Tramps

Byll,  I've got Mt. Washington next weekend, so that's why all the hills lately.  It's 7.8 miles with average incline 11.5%.  I just want to finish.  I take comfort in the fact that it can't possibly be as boring as a slow TM at the Y. 

Happy birthday, runningsmarter!

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Amie, happy birthday.  do you ever hear anything from littlerockgm?  I think he and Vicki were the ones who first introduced you to CR back then.

Tramps, running on a TM is bad enough without having to set an incline like that. I couldn't even read that!

3.6 on the dirt, less tired than yesterday.  Light workout at the Y afterwards.  Spareribs

Happy Birthday, Amie!

Mary - Oh, those darn puppies are still so cute!

5.15 miles w/10 steep hill repeats in 54:32.  I've decided that in order to up my game, so to speak, with regard to my trail running, I need to suck it up and begin tackling The Hill by my house for hill repeats, especially since I only get to hit the trails 2x a week.  I did better this a.m. that I thought I would, so that's a plus.  I kept reminding myself that just three short years ago I couldn't even walk the dang thing without feeling like I was gonna die.  For the 10th repeat, I climbed a different hill in order to get out of the hole I was in so I could finish my mileage.  It was fairly long, and once I got to the top, my HR was at 180! . . .  maybe I should've taken it a little easier.

I'm in need of some advice from those in the know.  I am going to have to negotiate pay, vacation, etc., for a new job.  I've been at this one for over 11 year, so I don't know what the heck I'm doing.  If any of you are experienced in that regard, I sure would appreciate being able to pick your brains.  My email is fatozzig at yahoo dot com.  I can get more into specifics through email.  A big in-advance thank you.

Have a great day, folks.

ETA: Any of you having trouble downloading from your Garmin to the training log here?  It says it's downloading, but when it's all over, it says, there's no new data.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Nice runs out there.

I was tired, so I just spent 45 minutes on the eliptical.  At least I'm in first in the biggest loser contest (down 6% last week).  I can't maintain the pace.  So I'll try to bank some pounds and struggle to the finish.  Wait a minute, that sounds like my typical marathon strategy.  Yikes.

Mary - great photo - just when I needed a pick-me-up!

Happy Birthday, Amie!

Where's dg today??

Leslie - no specific advice - even if you are happy with the offer, counteroffer and ask for MORE.  Best of luck with the negotiations!

Yoga was canceled today, so I had to walk through a thunderstorm to get to the gym for a bike ride - the things we do to satisfy the workout cravings...........

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous