Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/25/12 (Read 371 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run 40 miles/week or more. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard...

Here’s what I have for last week's last week's tally. 

Who

Miles

Commentary

Holly

Flying Monkey!

Opie

Back in the groove

Fortunate One

Free Pass

Traveling this week

C-R

??

Mike E

??

IBleedUnionBlue

Free Pass

Need some healing rest

Here’s my tentative plan for the week. 

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

0 miles

0 miles

Traveling

Tuesday

4-6 miles

4 miles

Recovery pace

Wednesday

4-6 miles

0 miles

Easy pace upper weights and core

Thursday

5 miles

5 miles

Turkey Trot 5-miler, with DD

Friday

0 miles

3 miles

Weights and core Recovery paced

Saturday

4-7 miles

5 miles

Easy paced Recovery paced

Sunday

12-14 miles

8.7 miles

Long run, sort of

Total

25.7 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Did you do the title without your glasses on again? Big grin

Peak training week (if you don't count the training at altitude I'll be doing on my drive west and south to Tucson)

Day......................Plan............................................................................................................................................Actual

Monday............4.5 miles easy............................................................................................................................4.6

Tuesday.........2 mi. warm up + 5.2 miles (10% of weekly mileage) tempo..................7 + 0.5 mile cool down walk

Wednesday...6 miles easy, probably when we get to Ft. Smith, Arkansas............................................................6

Thursday.......maybe a Turkey Trot with my SIL but basic plan is 6 miles easy + 6 strides..................................6.4

Friday.............6 miles easy........................................................................5.6 easy + strides I skipped yesterday = 5.9

Saturday........7 miles easy................................................................................................................................................7.3

Sunday.........15 miles with the last 9.5 @ current MP.................................................................................................14.6

Total..............52 miles........................................................................................................................................................51.8

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #957

Did you do the title without your glasses on again? Big grin

Yup, afraid so....Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DoppleBock

I fell off the training wagon for awhile

Last week was 69 miles including the Monkey Marathon - Nice to Meet Holly and many others

Time to jump back on - I have 26 days to lose 15 pounds - I might get a little crabby

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

0 miles

0 miles

Traveling

Tuesday

Long and slow

6 /11

Sore as heck 6 am / 3 walking @ lunch / 11 in PM 

Wednesday

Easy

10 / 6

Easy pace

Thursday

Ultra-Long

Goal >= 31 miles

Friday

Easy

Easy

Saturday

Long - Speed

Long and speed workout

Sunday

Easy

easy

Total

So far

goal is >= 120 miles and to De-Fat - But weight loss is #1 and mileage is #2

Happy with 134 in 6 days / 8 runs.  I did skip Sunday PM run - I actually felt good - Just skipped it

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Marathon Maniac #957

Time to jump back on - I have 26 days to lose 15 pounds - I might get a little crabby

I'm with you.  Just got on the scale and I am not happy...heading into the holiday season, that is not the place to be...

DoppleBock

For me it is pretty normal that I hit January 1st +20 to +40 pounds.  This year I am looking to be at 0 to +10 pounds.  That would be a huge victory. 

I'm with you.  Just got on the scale and I am not happy...heading into the holiday season, that is not the place to be...

Hi!  I'm new to this group!  I'm 41, and I average over 40 mpw.  My mileage has kind of been all over the place since ending my ultra training phase, but I'm getting back on track.   AND...This week is officially messed up since returning from Monkeyville.  

Looking forward to posting and following along with everyone here!  Smile

Michelle

Slo

Hi Mississippi

I kinda got to meet you this weekend...I would have never guessed that you would qualify for here.

This is a great group, join in on the daily threads...I need to get off my duff and get back to the 40/40 thread myself.

Tramps

I'm starting to pick it up to prepare for Boston and it occurred to me that I can be on this thread again regularly!

DAY GOAL ACTUAL DIFF STUFF
                    MON 7 7 @ 8:45 0  
                    TUES 10 w/4 tempo 10 with 4@ 7:29 0 first 4 mile tempo in ages; felt good
                    WED 5 5.3 @ 8:44 +0.3  
                    THUR 10  10.1 @ 8:50 +0.4 No energy today.
                    FRI 7 7.1 @ 8:37  +0.5 Chilly morning, which was nice.
                    SAT 17 Hillypalooza  18.2 @ 9:06 +1.7 Up, down, repeat.
                    SUN 0      
                    total  56  57.7  +1.7  

Be safe. Be kind.

Hi Mississippi

I kinda got to meet you this weekend...I would have never guessed that you would qualify for here.

This is a great group, join in on the daily threads...I need to get off my duff and get back to the 40/40 thread myself.

I didn't know this group was here until Robert L. mentioned it out there in the general forum.  

I can't remember when I met who over the weekend!!  The meet & greets were scattered from packet stuffing night, to hotel lobby gatherings, the Saturday a.m. run,  the hilly fun run (aka race), and then the post race dinner/fire pit fun.  I wish I had gone to the pasta party on Saturday night, there were name tags!  

I'll definitely be in here posting.  Smile

Michelle

DoppleBock

I met you ...

Name tags did not help me much.  I think I either talked to you or someone pointed you out at least 3 times - I think it takes about that many times on average for me to remember people. 

I didn't know this group was here until Robert L. mentioned it out there in the general forum.  

I can't remember when I met who over the weekend!!  The meet & greets were scattered from packet stuffing night, to hotel lobby gatherings, the Saturday a.m. run,  the hilly fun run (aka race), and then the post race dinner/fire pit fun.  I wish I had gone to the pasta party on Saturday night, there were name tags!  

I met you ...

Name tags did not help me much.  I think I either talked to you or someone pointed you out at least 3 times - I think it takes about that many times on average for me to remember people. 

I was part of the Microtel group, that is where we met.  I wasn't one of the rowdy ones though!  Big grin

I left with Ennay on Monday morning.

Michelle

Btw - Holly S., I have pictures of you from the race finish.  Smile

Michelle

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Holly!  I won't make 40, this week but, at least, I have a training plan, now. 

Day

Plan

Actual

Comment

Monday

Letting the heel heal

Tuesday

Still letting the heel heal 

Wednesday

1:02:25--heel felt okay--took it nice and easy.  I love running when I have a goal race in mind.

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

1:27:57

Sunday

Total

Marathon Maniac #957

Jump right in, the water's fine!

This is a pretty friendly group in here.  We generally have a daily thread where people pop in and chat a bit about what's going on in their lives on that day, and then talk about their running.  Chime in anywhere, and don't feel like you have to keep up.

Monkey really screwed up my left leg, not apparent until days after the run.  I may have to take it easy for a couple weeks to let it heal up.  I'll play it by ear.  This is NOT the weekend to be doing light running, darn-it.