Masters Running

Thursdaily, 4.18.19 (Read 46 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday:

Steve got fitted for a crown.

RunnerKSA - 2.1 EZ morning TM miles + harder than planned afternoon company 5K, finishing 24th overall.

Tramps - 5 plogging miles, Garmin-free.

anneb - 6 pre-work, rain-free miles.

Marj - Out for an hour in IRC with flowers and fuzzy trees.

Jlynne - 6 morning miles in 39° temps, sans hat/gloves.

Joe - Still basking in the Boston glow, walking all over the city.

Dave - 5.47 morning miles in just over an hour + friendly chat with a woman runner at the park, wondering how much waving is too much?

Dnaff - Clobbered by heat in a night time 4-mile club run, finishing :51 too fast for an award.

Lamerunner - Yoga and hiking and swimming on Monday.

Rochrunner - 4 miles in IRC between the carpenters and the plumbers, with what may be post-vaccination fatigue.

Fatozzig - Morning PT + 20 min lunchtime walk.

Holly - 4 miles in 52° temps with less foot complaints and more fuzzy slippers.

Tomwhite - Bagging yard bags 9 & 10 + 55 min RC in 80° temps at the soccer fields.

Henrun - 4 sunny & warm afternoon miles with negative splits.

Spacityrunner - 2 walking nighttime miles on west mountain trails with a friend.

Joe618 - Walking 6.4 miles around Boston in spring sunshine.

Deeze - 4.2 pre insanely busy work miles.

Falconfixer - 6 predawn miles in upper 50's temps.

Mike - 11 miles, including 8 at tempo with Rule 1 violation.

Milktruck - 5.7 evening miles along dead Christmas tree route.

BTY - 2750 evening pool yards with backstroke & freestyle with some lane-sharing + fitness center workout.

Dave, I'm not at all surprised that you are appreciated at work, with your dedication to getting the jobs done. Good luck with the wellness challenge.

It's great to have you back, Lamerunner!!

Huge congrats to the Hub on his 8 year celebration this Sunday, Fatozzig!

StarrRuns, so sorry about the issues with your oldest DD - I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, as heartbreaking as family issues are also for a few others here. But I also want to congratulate you on your upcoming 7-yr. celebration in June.

Congrats to your DW on her recovery progress, Milktruck.

I got out early (3:50) again today for 7.6 walking/RW miles in 35° temps under a clear sky with a nearly-full moon still high, but sliding down toward the horizon. I worked a little harder than yesterday, and my hammy didn't like it, so I'll be backing off again for the next week or so. I have a 5K on May 4, and I want to be healthy for that.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Joe618

Morning, Jay, and all to come...happy Thursday all.    Thanks for the good recap.  Great to see so many checking in!!!

Dave, on waving...I live in a small town and, like you, see some of the same runners over and over.   I haven't developed a rule of thumb for when to talk and usually see how private or open the other person is.   I know what you mean, for sure, though.

MikeE, you are obviously back on the Hanson's rhythm...you will rock the Nebraska Sandhills in early June. 

Just confirmed a meet-up on Friday in the heart of Boston with mrrun and henrun!  Look forward to that.

Enjoy your Thursday all!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Henrun

Just a fast 1.5 mile walk early this morning to enjoy spring’s awakening in our local green spaces and ponds. Looking forward to meet-up with Joe.

Concert tonight to celebrate Nat King Cole’s centenary featuring a jazz band and Nat’s brother and nephew..

anneb

Morning all. Thanks for recapping Jay - busy group around here.

I lucked out again with the weather, it was raining, but it was very light, and 57 degrees, so... 5.5 miles for me (and while I was out the rain ended). Tomorrow the office is closed for Good Friday, and then I'm on vacation next week so after today I won't be back in the office until April 29th! There will surely be some work in that time, but hopefully not a lot.

Good job with the race Karen!

Roch, hope you didn't injure anything too serious?!

Anne

Thanks, Jay. Sorry about the dentist drama, Steve.    Good running so far today, group!   Enjoy the meetup, Joe, marj and Hen.

2.1 treadmill miles this morning because I was tired and didn't get up in time to get outside or do more.  Maybe later....  slammed at work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

After 7 weeks, my wife got clearance to use her 'fell-on-some-ice-under-the-snow' broken leg for walking, but only when wearing a walking boot. This is a major change. She can go upstairs. So there was a flurry of cleanup up there while yelling down "just working on a few things...".

1 hr of core/ST/PT.

Off to the races ~~

Image result for thursday meme

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Thanks for the wrap-up, Jay.

Dave, I'm not at all surprised that you are appreciated at work, 

I'm a little surprised.                                     (Kidding!!)

BTW, Dave, I'm more of a nodder than a waver. Less commitment.

I've always been here, just not posting in the absence of something interesting to report.)

Wait, we're supposed to be reporting something interesting? Uh oh.

Our 22 mile loop on a gorgeous, rapidly warming day. The buttercups are in peak bloom. We went by one big field with a couple of horses grazing and thousands of bright yellow buttercups against brilliant green grass in front of a row of redbud trees under a brilliant blue sky. How's that for color?! It looked like a postcard or calender photo. Stunning.

ETA: An article that might be of interest for those of you who deal with plantar fasciitis.

Be safe. Be kind.

...Weird Thing about soccer fields,

kids wanna

play soccer on 'em

============

bumping 80 here

........dodged

mowers,

trimmers,

flatbeds carrying mowers and trimmers

...............30-min RC sorta at soccerfields

bagged it

and went grocery shopping

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bagged it

and went grocery shopping

Bagged it? Went grocery shopping?  Get it?  Bagged - Grocery Shopping - Bagged?? BRILLIANT!!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

it was POWER Grocery Shopping

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bioguy

School is off today for students, but as teachers we are subjected to mind-numbing professional development. I've run 5 miles each the last two day s at a slooow pace. I'm taking a shot at training the Maffetone way with very low heart rate.

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, you guys are too funny!

And I love that squirrel.  He's so red!  We I think only get grey squirrels here, with great bushy tails.

5 miles for me today in a breezy 62 degrees, with lightening flashes in the distance that never quite made it here.  My foot is a bit sore, but not enough to make me limp.  I iced it, and think I will take tomorrow off running just to see how it does.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm very lucky in that The Hub loves to grocery shop. When we go together, it's a date.  If we're not headed anywhere else, we usually take our time and wander through all the aisle.  We have Grocery Outlet here, and you never know what quirky items or amazing deals you will find.  One thing is certain: If you find a great deal on something buy as much as you can afford because the next day it will be gone, never to be seen again.

20 min of power walking in the beautiful sunshine.  Did wonders for my attitude, especially after having to deal with a really PO'd client this morning. Oh well.  That's why I get paid the big bucks . . . . right? 

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

The buttercups are in peak bloom. We went by one big field with a couple of horses grazing and thousands of bright yellow buttercups against brilliant green grass in front of a row of redbud trees under a brilliant blue sky. How's that for color?! It looked like a postcard or calender photo. Stunning.

What's that old saying: "a picture is worth a thousand words?" Go back tomorrow and bring your camera with you. I could use a little spring right now!

Looks like everyone got Thursday off to a great start. Have fun Henry, Marj and Joe. Joe - how much longer are you in Boston?

I was glad to see your foot was a little better today Holly. Hopefully you're on the mend.

Thanks for the start and recap Jay!

HUGE congratulations to Shorty and Starr. And Starr, I was so sorry to read about your DD's disconnect. I hope she finds her way back. You couldn't ask for a kinder mother...

It was raining again this morning, so I went to the Y and did 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill, then decided I wasn't in the mood. Then I went on the Matrix high stepper (or, the stairway to hell as I so fondly call it) for 40 minutes and did 30 minutes of lower body weights and core. Went and served lunch at the Salvation Army and the place was sheer craziness. Over 150 people for lunch, which is a lot for that small building. Chicken, mashed potatoes, dressing, corn, and strawberry cake for dessert. They had special tiny baskets for the little ones. Everyone is so appreciative and grateful - one family with 3 kids must have said "thank you" at least 6 times. It made me teary-eyed. And this is THE best part of being retired folks - being able to do stuff like this.

Have a great Thursday evening everyone.

Mike E

MM #5615

Went and served lunch at the Salvation Army and the place was sheer craziness. Over 150 people for lunch, which is a lot for that small building. Chicken, mashed potatoes, dressing, corn, and strawberry cake for dessert. They had special tiny baskets for the little ones. Everyone is so appreciative and grateful - one family with 3 kids must have said "thank you" at least 6 times. It made me teary-eyed. And this is THE best part of being retired folks - being able to do stuff like this.

You’re so cool.