Masters Running

Thursday, January 3, 2008 (Read 731 times)

GreenMan

My DW got one of those balaclava things for me at Christmas. I really don't need one, but it's the thought that counts. Right? I tried it on for for her. "Thanks honey, this is great!. I'm sure this will keep me warm. But it might slow me down just a little" "Dear, you have it on backwards." "Oh" It's water-bottle freezing weather here. I'll run this evening Stay warm if you chose/ jjj
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      I just saw a promising article online, "Guys: Get the Body You Want!" Sadly, it was a fraud. There was no mention of Erika or Soundie, or Ilene's butt, to name a few bodies I want. Just a lot of tiresome advice about diet and exercise. I tried that last year and got nuthin' during my Seattle trip, except lunch with Tetsujin. Dark Horse
      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

#artbydmcbride

At least parts of me are desirable. Cool The rain is holding off so far, but I am determined to run tonight, rain or shine, my hip feels completely normal!! Yay!

Runners run

Dark Horse. Big grin You made me laugh, after tears... I just re-read a few minutes ago "To Boston With Love", a little story, almost a poem, written by Bobbi Gibbs. Sous sent it to me over the holidays. What a gem. Hit me hard right in the heart. All women runners need to read it. All Boston runners, too. Will head into work after nearly two weeks away. I haven't even checked work e-mail. The bank account is empty so I better get to it. Ugh. Rest day here. Taper time has officially begun. Will check in with you goofballs later...have a great day, all.
            Hey everyone, No run yet..but it's cold here -9 farenheit but -24 farenheit with the wind. My lady friend and I are going running after she finishes working today. I am working from home closing off the old year. We looked at the movie Amazing Grace yesterday...what an inspiring movie.... For inquiring minds our weekend away was blissful and lovely. I am very smitten (-: It's time to get serious though...Around the Bay race is two and half months away and I aspire to run fast... The weather has been so crummy here though.... Enjoy the day everyone and don't just think about what you want to do. Do it.... Back in Training Tall....

Recent Best times: None recently

Ok, so far mrwhite is the easy winner of the tough guy for this morning trophy. I was supposed to meet my training partner for a 6 mile run this morning. I got on my three layers for the top, my ski gloves, glove liners, and hat. It was 9 degrees out. Showed up at her house and found out she went to the gym to use the treadmill. Since I was all dressed up I thought what the heck. Went home, undressed and hopped on the treadmill! Big grin Ended up with 6.21mi@9:13 in a nice warm room while I was bored to tears watching the TV. I sure hope it is a LOT warmer wherever you happen to be. Now to wait for the reports from down south and the far west pointing out how their weather is WAAAAAY better. It sure has to be. Wink Good runs all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

"Dear, you have it on backwards." "Oh" jjj
                ..........I love it.......... have owned ''The Hood'' for years,,,,,,,very warm, very toasty ,,,,,,,,after I reversed it, and covered my nose and mouth with the back part...... A Fashion Statement it ain't...... ..............good running guys.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

There were a lot of New Year's Day races. I saw mentions by charley, teresa, deez4boyz (met Henry & Marj), rgreen (beat an arch rival), Sarge (and DW), sound (with dive, arf, and tet), Lumbering Lizard, MustangSally (2nd OA and 1st AG), and jjj. Evan, my best wishes are with you as you search for your dog. flkjr, nice run with your wife. Teresa, nice run with your husband. DH, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. You sure don't need that on top of your knee problem. MarkGuy, I'm sorry to hear about the turmoil at work. I hope it all comes out well. anachrotech, you sure got a nice speedy (and early) start to the day. Nice long runs for PDR and Twocat. Good job on the speedwork on the TM, Holly. This morning, it was about 10 degrees with hard packed snow and ice still on the roads. I should have put on the Yaks and gone outside but I wimped and headed for the TM in the basement. I did 8 miles at 1% and 6.7 mph (8:57/mi). A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                  SteveP

Don't be hard on yourself. My tighty whiteys fit better when I wear them backwards. 7.2 miles. The water bottle started freezing up. Tis the season.

SteveP

#artbydmcbride

Don't be hard on yourself. My tighty whiteys fit better when I wear them backwards.
                      Shocked

Runners run

5 miles for me in what I thought was a cold windy 28 F. Now I know better. Ilene, what a cute picture of you! Hooray about your hip! Mike, you da man. All you cold (not cool) runners are da man. Mans? Men? jlynne, I hope you're short. I weighed in today, too, officially. I'll post that on the other thread. Embarrassed Stay warm, kids.
                        munchkn883

What is this thing you all are talking about?? Balaclava?? And, Steve P, that is TMI!! No walking for me yet...at DD2 with GD and it is too cold to take her out. She is getting over a really bad cold, cough and double ear infection. Will hopefully edit this post later if I can get a walk in.
                          evanflein

Dark Horse, Big grin SteveP Big grin You guys are on a roll... PDR and Roch, I get that frozen lips thing a lot. Sometimes I call my DH for a pickup after 10 or 12 miles of zero or just below temps, and I sound like "heu hongy ceng ooo cung get ngee?" and he so kindly says "Huh? who is this?" and we go round and round a bit. Sometimes it's easier just to keep on running. MrWhite had an ideal run if you ask me! Today it's warmer out but we had snow last night and still have flurries this morning. But hey, I don't care, cuz I have a treadmill now!! (just had to throw that in there for anyone who missed it earlier...) I actually may run on my road today cuz I'll get off work around 1 and go check the animal shelter for a certain possible inmate... I may go running down to the other side of our road cuz someone actually called last night to say they saw her running west on our road... we've been focusing our efforts sort of on the eastern side of the hill. The "sighting" was right in the middle of the time I was gone on New Year's Eve... Holly, does your treadmill give you pace? Mine just gives speed in mph. I want to convert a bunch of mph's to mpm's and have it on my 'mill. I'm not math-smart enuf to do the conversions in my head other than I know 6 mph is 10 mpm, etc...

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - yes mine flashes mph then pace, back and forth as I run. I don't remember many of them, off hand, I think this morning's 6.5 was 9:13, 6.8 was 8:49, 6.4 was 9:22, 8.0 was 7:30.... What paces do you want, and I'll run em' for you. Ilene - When I saw your avatar, I just had to click on your name to see if your butt was there, and I laughed out loud when I saw that it was. You are a hoot... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

That's be great! I just assumed it would have pace... I mean... who'd think of a treadmill without it? Never even thought to check... Sort of like assuming it had an incline selection (which it does!). I'm mainly interested in the 6 to 8.5 mph spread in .1 mph increments... is that too much? Blush I want to make a chart to post right on the front so easy to see. Thanks!