Masters Running

Final Feb. Saturday, 2.27.16 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I can only imagine how Mariposai and Twocat are tearing up NOLA!

I'm glad Slo and Stumpy had 'feeling good'  (or REALLY good, in Stumpy's case) runs yesterday. Those are the best!

I've also really enjoyed Tet's adventures with GS and the missives from DD.

I hope last night's fundraiser was successful, Tammy.

Have fun with the HWR today, Leslie. I'm glad you and Coach developed a plan for July - I hope it's a good one that helps you reach your goal.

Sounds like a good exploration run, Dave. I also work very hard to avoid having Friday (and especially Friday afternoon) meetings. If it is a bad meeting, it'll take forever to end; if it is a good one, you'll be raring to go, but will have to wait till Monday. So what's the point?

Have fun in the 5K today, Aamos, with or without timing.

I agree, C-R, strength straining and my foam roller have been lifesavers in the past few years. I hope your knee is on the mend.

Good work in the brisk, TW.

Evanflein, you should go to NOLA!

Sorry you're not healed yet, Deeze. I hope there is some good progress.

Stiff upper lip and all that Henry. If that doesn't work, have a martini and listen to some good jazz. You'll get better too if you give it time (and maybe that PT).

Some days are like that, Holly.

Nice two cats, WC!

Good 12er, Mike!

5.7 tempo RW miles this morning. It was 19F and windier than I expected, and it blew right through my windbreaker, shirt, mittens and hat. I didn't freeze, but I never got comfortable. Helped me keep up a quick pace though. Lots 'a moonlight helped light the way, and I even saw a bit 'o blue sky before I got back. I'm probably the only one not looking forward to Daylight Saving Time in a couple of weeks - I'll be dumped back into predawn darkness for another couple of months - bummer. But for now, DW and I are heading to our favorite dive for breakfast, so life is good!

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Ha, Jay...I went from feeling good to my head just wasn't in it today.

Should have been my long run but the mind just wasn't cooperating. Settled for 5.5 miles and will do my long run tomorrow. My excuse is that the weather will be nicer.

High School kids did an awesome job last night and I love a strong trumpet section. Trumpet and Jazz just go hand in hand.

DD is the 3rd one from the left or the right.

Dave59

I sure enjoyed Tet's posts from his trip.

It's a gloomy morning. Overcast and 33°, but I got out and ran 8 very slow miles and the endorphins offset the gloominess.

Rest of the day is open except for getting a few things done at work that are easier to do on a weekend.

Tomorrow will be sunny and upper 60s. Should be a nice day to sit out on the porch and do some reading.

...mornin' guys//......sorry Tet's Adventure has ended, but thanks for including us, it was a Fun Read........

now go take a nap

=============

but I digress

............40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

watched

two old guys

(doing aqua-robics)  trying to Pick-Up

the cute lifeguard as I was going to the locker room

''Don't let 'em drown'' I says

''Not unless I do it myself''  she says back

Swimmers are Funny.........

..............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good Saturday morning gentlemen! It's very unusual when our weather is warmer than yours Jay. Sorry about the cold temps, but enjoy breakfast with your DW!

Hang in there Slo. Some days you feel like you could run forever, some days not so much. Sounds like a great concert last night.

How are you adjusting to your new location Dave? Miss Michigan much?   That situation in Flint could cost some political folks their jobs come next election...

I think Tet should write a children's book about his adventures with GS!

It was a balmy 32° here at 5:30 with a 15 mph wind out of the SW.  DH and I went to Milwaukee on Thursday and stayed up too late listening to live music at a jazz/blues club, and I might have had one more glass of wine than I should have. So today I had 8 on the schedule but only managed 7.66 before I decided to call it quits. The training program for the Cellcom only had 6 on the schedule for today so I'm a little ahead, and most of the miles felt pretty good. Do I think I could have run another 6 or 7? Mmmm, probably not. But I feel like I'm making progress!

Off to clean up, eat breakfast and go paint at DS and DIL's new house.

Oh - we watched the movie "Spotlight" last night. A really good flick and I'm curious to see how it does at the Academy Awards tomorrow night. Have a great weekend everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

It was a quite reasonable 31 degrees when I headed out this morning.  Tomorrow's weather will be even warmer, and I was planning on doing my LR tomorrow because of that.  However, we are having 3 other couples over tonight for a dinner party, and sometimes that involves a little bit of an excess of wine, and that would have made me feel lethargic tomorrow, were it to happen.  So, I made the executive decision to run long today.

21.1 miles total. First 20-miler of the year, slower than dirt, but still, got 'er done and enjoyed some bright sunshine - Spring is coming!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Oh - we watched the movie "Spotlight" last night. A really good flick and I'm curious to see how it does at the Academy Awards tomorrow night. Have a great weekend everyone!

Excellent movie with a lot of local references-we live  close to Boston College and the Catholic diocese where much of the action occurred . Marj saw the pre-release screening and saw it again with me when it opened. It should do well.

Less knee pain today and the sun was out, so I pushed through for 2 very slow miles. Felt good (at least for my head) and created mild pain afterwards.

TammyinGP

Tet's adventures have been quite fun to read! Lots of great memories in the making there. . . although his DD might be wishing a few things might be forgotten.

had a very successful fundraising event last night. Capacity at this venue was 100 and we were sold out. I think we even had a few extra bodies in the room that came hoping for a ticket at the door but we had none left. The event was scheduled from 6-8 and finally by 9:30, we had to wrap it up and vacate the building. Our local news channel was there and filmed about 1/2 of it and then got a soundbite from me, so my mug showed up on the 11:00 news.

David is off at his Brain Bowl competition all day and I'm playing catch up at home of WAY too many house chores that have been neglected all week.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...mornin' guys//......sorry Tet's Adventure has ended, but thanks for including us, it was a Fun Read........

now go take a nap

=============

but I digress

............40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

watched

two old guys

(doing aqua-robics)  trying to Pick-Up

the cute lifeguard as I was going to the locker room

''Don't let 'em drown'' I says

''Not unless I do it myself''  she says back

Swimmers are Funny.........

..............................good running guys

She sounds pretty comfortable with her job and herself   and +1 or more on the tale of Tet. 

Nice LR, Holly!

Good mid-long runs for Jlynne, Jay, Dave, and Slo.  With or without ambition.  And postive short run for Henry.  And Cheers for Tammy's fund raiser.

I went to the running store's group run again this morning.  A few more folks that ended up a bit faster than last time.  So another backof the packer and I cut it a little short when the rest of the pack got almost out of sight.  3.7 miles in just under 10 min pace.  24° and sunny.  And half was trails today.  So maybe not a REALLY good run, but a very satisfying one, nonetheless.

Tonight DW and I are going to a spur of the moment night out at the musical "A night with Janis Joplin".  Good reviews by both critics and people that actually knew JJ, so should be enjoyable.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Kevin, I saw Janis at a concert at UNH and sat in the front row. Enjoy.

C-R

Hey all.

I get it Slo. Seems recently I've not had my head in the running game either. It will improve.

Nice long run Holly.

I always found it comical about moving clocks one way or the other. Seems like the sun comes and goes as nature intends. Either direction our kids are at the bus stop in the dark except for a bit and Jay get some more dark runs.

Sorry about your knee Hen. I get it. Boy do I get it. Heal up soon.

Another 3.1 for me today. Pretty slow. Knee seems to be responding but I can tell its going to be a while longer and I really need to focus on form and PT.

Enjoy the nice weather if you have it and stay warm if you don't.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Kevin, I saw Janis at a concert at UNH and sat in the front row. Enjoy.

You are a Renaissance man, Henry. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Jay - I feel yer pain the time change.  I, too,will be plunged back into the darkness.  Dang it.

Holly - Sounds like you made a wise decision changing your LR day.

Tammy - Congrats on the successful fund raiser.

10.5 miles this a.m. at Headwaters.  A group of 6 of us showed up for the run.  Three took off away from us other three from the get-go, and soon one from us back three took off and eventually caught the others (terrible grammar, I know.).  Heidi (my new running partner) stuck with  me, which I appreciated. And while the ladies who showed up are all really nice - this is why I don't like to participate in group runs.  I'm not a fast runner and every "group" run I've participated in, the fast people take off and that's the end of the group run.  Well, at least for the slower people/person.

Anyway, no more griping.  It was a good run, the climbing told me my legs are still in recovery mode, and Heidi and I got to catch up after not seeing each other for two weeks.

I signed up for the 4 MPH Challenge on March 19.  I've heard it's a ton of fun and I've been wanting to do it for a couple of years, but things just haven't worked out.  This year, though, I'm going, taking Heidi with me, and we both signed up for the "up to 36 miles."  Should be fun!

Okay - Off to work on transcription.  Later, friends ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Greetings from NOLA, where the sun is sunny, the jazz music fills the soul, the food is exquisite, and where we are rocking and rolling twocat's weekend. Tomorrow is marathon day. We are having way too much fun in all aspect to expect a speedy marathon. It will be filled with sunshine and smile miles and that is all what counts, right?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Great picture Posie.  Good luck tomorrow!  Have fun!

It was 57 here today!  And I did 12 miles in it.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!