Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 12/27/09 (Read 424 times)

Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered. What I don''t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.  (Phyllis Diller)

Have a great week!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 miles OR 30 min cycling; TRX ------------------------- Unintended rest day {sigh} . . . I overslept.

Wed - 10 miles w/strides -------------------------------------------- 10 miles w/strides in approx. 1:35

Thurs - Rest

Fri - 20 trail miles ------------------------------------------------------ 20 trail miles in 4:55

Sat - 14 road miles ---------------------------------------------------- 14 road miles (with some rough spots)

Sun - Rest

Totals: 20 trail miles, 24 road miles.

We may switch things up and do our running Friday and Saturday so we have 2 days off in a row.  None of us are doing anything major on Christmas, except sitting around in our PJs anyway.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Ah, but sitting around in your PJs on Christmas is the best! We're going to my brother's for dinner...

Monday: 22 minutes (2.4 miles) elliptical, 21 minutes weights at noon; 40 min. pool running after work

Tuesday: 4 mile treadmill run (8:46 pace), .5 mile walk at noon

Wednesday: 10 minutes (1.05 mile) elliptical, 50 minutes weights at 1 pm; 3.4 easy miles, .7 mile walk evening

Thursday: 5.5 miles outside running, .35 mile walk c/d (legs a little sore from wts yesterday, but a good sore!)

Friday: Mostly a rest day, but for lots of cooking and cleanup, and 1.75 mile walk after dinner with DH

Saturday: 6 miles, slow in the new snow... .35 mile walk after

Sunday: 12 miles run (8 outside, 4 on the treadmill), .5 mile walk

Totals: 30.9 miles run, 4.2 miles walked, 1 hr 11 min. weights, 40 minutes pool run, 3.5 miles elliptical

Thanks Leslie...

Mon-2.5 miles

Tue-Off

Wed-5.25 miles

Thur-4 miles

Fri-Off

Sat-4.5 miles

Sun-Off

Total=16.25 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, I just love hanging round in my PJ's. But I have a birthday to go to on Xmas Day and the day after. I so do not want to go this year.

Mon... UB + bike commute

This morning was approx. 50 minutes of chest&back. I just do this workout my way: I go heavy, but not as to what's required, and I shortened the rests and started the next set as soon as I felt ready. But, I suppose bench pressing with 8kg dbs is not exactly called light weights for a woman
            Skipped abs again. I'm sooooo doomed in my mid section.

Biked to work in a lot of snow. Believe me, I'm counting that as a lower body workout! Gosh, that was hard! Biking home was a lot easier.

Tue.....7K interval + bike commute

Something is up with my R-knee and my legs feel pretty tired. Must be the snow biking  Skipped the run and slept in till 7AM. Did bike to work. Another one I'll count as a LB w/o.

Wed....(got the day off) 30min of boxing + 30 min of LB + abs + Xmas shopping

During my usual workout time, too busy listing the presents I have to get and figuring out what to eat on Xmas Day and the day after.

Thu.......(got the day off) 10K easy run + 30 min swim (don't know if the pool is open today) + Xmas groceries shopping

During my usual workout time, too busy writing my Xmas groceries list. And checking the kitchen to see what I already have. I did put the trash out

Dug my car out of the snow and got the groceries. Then spent the day prepping dishes or making them. All the savoury stuff's done. Tomorrow I'll do the sweet stuff before I leave for this birthday brunch.

Fri........(Xmas Day) Plyo workout + UB + abs + birthday

Xmas is over and done with. Very pleasant day. Boys and I had our traditional Xmas breakfast (scones and ricotta hot cakes), then went to a birthday champagne brunch. Back at 3PM and playing a board game till 8PM. Snacking on appetizers the whole time. Finally time for presents and then off they went to play with their new Xbox games.

Very nice day, but no run or other type of workout. Except maybe lots of "oven bends"  

Sat.......(Boxing Day) 6.5K doggie run + ? + birthday

It rained yesterday evening, then temps dropped and we now have one big ice skating ring outside. No run with the dogs, just walking was dangerous. And I didn't go that birthday party. I wasn't risking life and car to see relatives.

I did do UB though: biceps, shoulders and triceps. And I did abs!

Sun.......6K doggie run + 12K long run + 30 min Flexible Warrior athletic yoga

Total run mileage:

Total bike mileage:26 kilometers

UB:2x

LB:0x

Abs:1x

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.

Mon - Rest day; Cross train Free weights - PM done; all major muscle groups.

Tue - 4.1 miles - planned  4.69 miles, easy 8:34 pace; felt good this morning so decided to run a little further; temps in low 30's but felt warmer.  no wind and not much ice on roads.  great run.

Wed - 7X400 strideouts (4.23 miles est) - done; first time using an indoor 200 m track, mileage estimated since lost count of lap a few times so not sure pace accurate for middle stride-outs, Free Weights work-out done early afternoon, upper body only.

Thu -  4.69 miles - done, easy 8:34 pace on a very cold morning.

Fri -  Rest

Sat - Rest

Sun - 10K race (6.2 miles) - done.  overall pace 8:05.  Not sure of placement yet since local club's webmaster is on vacation.  All I can say is that I finished with "honor".

Total miles: 19.69 goal.  20.1 miles for week.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Monday - Santa delivered my bike trainer early    I was huffing and puffing and dripping with sweat after setting it up (I'm not exactly mechanically inclined); then got involved with updating my web page while I digested my dinner; two hours later, still haven't "ridden," and it's time for bed, but I can "ride" in the morning; rambling way of saying REST DAY

Tuesday - 30 minutes on the bike trainer; managed not to careen into the TV during Jeopardy;  the first 15 mintues were hard, then I realized I'd forgotten to put the little cradle thing-y under the front tire;  I wish this snow would melt so I could just run   

Wednesday - ran 3, walked 1 outside, Yaktrax-free, after school and before dark!  I love this days-getting-longer thing already.  Smile

Thursday - ran 2.5, walked 1; heading to NJ for Christmas Eve dinner with friends, concert & church tonight and lunch tomorrow with the godsons and their parents

Friday - wiped out and no time from the craziness of moving to a motel 45 minutes before serving Christmas Eve dinner (see Saturday's daily for the full saga), so Rest

Saturday - bike trainer 45 minutes

Sunday - ran 5 & walked 1 in abundant sunshine and temps in the mid-40s

Summary:  ran 10.5, walked 3; "biked" around the living room for 1:15:00

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

What day of the week is it?  I'm so lost in space these days!!!

M - Ice skated 4 blocks to/from beach to complete a 3 mi run

T- Ran 5 mi

W- Ran 4 mi, stretched 10 min.

T-

F-

S-

S-

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Thanks Leslie.

Mon.......rest............nope

Tues.....6miles............nada

Wed......9miles............zilch

Thurs...rest..................zero

Frid.......7miles............not happening

Sat........rest..................6miles

Sun......15miles...........15miles

Total.......21miles

Pfriese......you didn't get any mileage in on Thurs?   What's the deal with that? 

Nice job on Friday, though.....

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    pfriese

No plan this week.

M - 8.4 miles

T - 8.4 miles

W - 8.4 miles

Th - snow day

F - 5.8 miles

Sa - 6.8 miles

Su - 10.1 miles

Total - 47.9 miles - Done

Yup, evryday, I was pretty much a slacker & a wimp on Thursday. 

Paul

dg.

well, I was so off kilter from Paul's being a slacker & a wimp that I almost couldn't post....    then I saw that Dutchie did abs, so things are looking up.  

Erika, yay you got in more than 10 Sunday!  :-)

this has been a cut-back week to end all cut-back weeks.  sheesh.     Friday's planned run vaporized, a mix of weather & busy.    Saturday's planned 10 turned into 6.7, too icy.   I at least felt a little better when other people were bailing too... I stopped to warn a couple a youngins, not sure if they were just starting... nope, they were quitting after 5.5.   I haven't stopped short of a number goal in a long time.  Erika, you are my hero.   My river path has poor drainage or something, water is always running over the paths for days after a rain whatever the season.  After Fri. afternoon's warm spell it froze, & the pretty snow coming down didn't help.  At least it followed the laws of physics.    

So Sunday I should have run but was busy & tired & didn't.    I'll have to figure out what's going on... after this wimpy slacker week I took one of the fitness tests on my Polar this morning which assesses how your heart is reacting to your training.   I got a 3 for the very first time... comments are  "you may have been training very heavily , you should either rest or go easy.". 

totals:

Run: 17.7 Mi
                        Bike: 20 minutes
                        Weights: 1 hr. 15 min.
                        Elliptical: 20 minutes
                        walking: 2.6 Mi