Masters Running

3.27.13 - Wednesday Daily (Read 48 times)

Crazy day and need to get myself into bed!!   Squeezed in a quick 5.1 miles between work and going to my running group meeting.  Meeting went way too long but it was interesting as our club gears up for Boston - both volunteers and runners are excited and ready!!  Best of all - Dave McGillivray came and spoke at our meeting and made 2 pretty incredible announcements honoring 2 of our striders!! So cool!! Cool

denise

Mariposai

It is always so great to see the excitement of Boston and the RA family meet up.

Holly, way to go for your son! 10 miles, that is impressive!

deez4boys, your training is going so well! It will be fun to follow you during Boston!

Rtravers, great to hear that your body has handled the training very well!

Tetsujin, yes, my DS is still wearing his chocos as a uniform. I keep joking that he will wear chacos to the altar someday!

Busy day at work, but I did run 6 hilly miles today as the day light was turning into darkness!

Ohhh...DS Daniel  signed up for his first marathon tonight!!!. Training two testosterone filled young man has been very interesting to say the least.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Lots of good news around here the last few days. MikeE, hugs to you and Eric as you deal with this stuff. Yes, it tells a lot that he called you when he needed help. (but yeah, that story about "forgetting" him at church is great)

I'm sorry, I can't remember a lot of the deets of the last few days, other than GO Boston runners! You are doing great and looking good for a strong race. Robin, you go, grrl! Wish we could be there for the pre- and post-race get togethers and cheering you all on at mile 20. Oh well, maybe when LaTortuga runs it is when I'll run Boston again. I think she said 2022.... that sounds about right.

I've been dealing with some minor ankle soreness/swelling since last weekend (as in, March 17) and it was worse the two days I didn't run (Sunday/Monday), so what's up with that? So... ran 5.2 yesterday, mostly easy pace but 2% incline on the TM to add some effort, and tonight was 7.2 miles progressive pace (8:50, 8:42, 8:34, 8:27, 8:20, 8:13, 8:34 for last 1.2 miles) and ankle felt fine. Also did some elliptical and weights over the lunch hour both days so good to do "doubles" again. Tomorrow will just be a run after work since I've got meetings and WebEx sessions scheduled thru mid-day.

It's supposed to warm up the next few days, so hopefully I can get off the treadmill and back on the roads if the windchill isn't below zero. It was -22 this morning and that's just too damn cold for late March!!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - adorable!

Carolyn - that looks beautiful!

Enke - still nice to get out in the warmth to run, though.

Mariposai - will both boys be running the marathon together?  So cool.

Erika - I'm glad your ankle issue seems to be okay.  It's been unseasonably cold here, but yours makes mine seem warm....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."