Masters Running

Training week ending October 30-31, 2021 (Read 5 times)

Alexander R

Greetings, runners! Please tell us about your past training week and upcoming goals.

Alexander R

Mon 0
      Tue 10mi (1:22) treadmill
      Wed 7.3mi (1:21)
      Thu 10.3mi (1:41)
      Fri 10mi (1:25) treadmill
      Sat 11mi (2:02)
      Sun 12.6mi (2:10)

Total: 61.3 miles (+7 miles on stationary bike)

Tuesday treadmill turned into a progression run, I think the last mile was 7:30 pace, or so. Friday treadmill run was closer to a steady pace, but I still was running a bit faster towards the end.

pfriese

Hey weekly thread posters.

Getting close to my "dream week", Paul! When I first started running, my goal was to build up to a "perfect" week where I would do 10,10,10,10 and 20. Somehow, I almost never have weeks like that, and even after 27 years of running it seems hard. Especially the 20 miler. But you got very close this week with that 19.6 miler and the total is close too.

Alexander, I like that "goal". I may try to build up to that between Thanksgiving & Christmas. The autumn weather has lasted another week. Outside of a few very windy days, it has been near perfect for outdoor running. Here's what I had for the week.

M - 11.4 (9:59/mile)

T - 10 miles (10:14/mile)

W - 10 miles (10:01/mile)

Th - 5.7 miles (10:23/mile)

F - rest

Sa - 16.7 miles (9:46/mile)

Su - 7.8 miles (10:34/mile)

Total - 61.6 miles

I'll have a step-back recovery week coming up.

Paul

TammyinGP

Welcome to November!

Last week:

Tues: 5 miles

Wed: 4 miles

Thurs: 6.2 miles

Sat: 4 miles

Sun: 12 miles

TOTAL: 31.2 miles

all road miles this past week and I felt it! Even after my 12 yesterday, my knees felt more stiff. Took some Tylenol and today will be a rest day but legs feel much better today.  This is race week with a trail marathon on Saturday. So the plan this week is maybe a few short trail runs of 3-4 miles, then 26.2 on Saturday. 

Alexander: yes, my 12 hrs of race volunteering was a trail ultra (50K), although there were shorter distances also. the 10K and 25K runners also came through our A/S. It was a fun day.

Tammy

Alexander R

Another really solid week, Paul! With the kind of long runs you are already doing, the "dream week" should not be a problem at all.

Very nice week, Tammy, and I hope the trail marathon went well. Trail marathons are hard, but can be great fun too.