Masters Running

Back to Reality Monday (Read 39 times)

Good morning Folks!!  Hopefully Jay will jump on soon for the recap as I am not good at that!!

Quick post to start the day .... 45 minute spin class, 45 minute Body Pump, 2.2 miles on the treadmill!!

Yep - it's back to reality!! Time to reign in the eating too and get back on track.

HAPPY MONDAY!!

denise

Good morning.  1.1 treadmill mile plus.  Better than yesterday but still not good.  Need to drag myself into work today, so off I go!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

We upgraded the operating system on out development system over the weekend. Nothing for me to do other than sign on after it was done and do some boring verification that it was all working. But, as usual, it was not all working and I spent Sunday afternoon trying to figure out problems. Finally got it fixed this morning. My head was really frazzed out by the end of the day yesterday.  I doubt I will be much use today but I'll give it the old college try.

Next weekend, our production system will be upgraded. What I learned this weekend should help, but there will probably be new issues. 

Went to the park and ran 4.28 miles. On the way over, a burst of snow and sleet erupted and I almost turned around and came home, but I carried on and by the time I started the run it was just a flake here and there in the air.

Henrun

One hour of beach yoga on a hot morning😎

...Woke up this morning and the TV station was showing how to BOIL water before you drank it....

luckily

it wasn't us, but apparently one of these little towns got Nailed by the Flooding

=============

50-min x-bike

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - how many days to your streaking PR?

I know you don't but is is possible to walk

through an injury, etc. without breaking a streak ,

or, maybe, three walking miles = one running mile.

two jay-qualifying miles to-and-from bus stop for ride to LA-Fitness

or first half-hour of Sr. Low Impact Exercise and an hour

of the Aquafit I’ve started going there for.

I never in my life dreamed I would ever go inside for exercise when there’s an outside just waiting, especially when this morning’s five mile walkamute would have been under even bluer skies than the weekend’s sunshine. However, being paced inside with others and with instructors

guidance is way more tiring ithan when outside on my own.   In fact, tomorrow's planned cyclecizing is in jeopardy if I still feel as wasted as this.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

One hour of beach yoga on a hot morning😎

Still raining buckets here this morning so I waited until just now to get out there.  Minor flooding a couple of trees toppled over from soggy ground + winds but nothing major.

5 miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

tetsujin209 I suspect your reaction to the group workout is one of the reason they are so popular.

SteveP very nice looking snowshoeing track. Glad there is not nearly as much snow where I am!

fatozzig routers do go bad, like all electronics. But they typically just die. Odd to have a situation like yours.

Dave59 sounds like what is going on with the research server my school's IT group "maintains." I have been dealing with their inability to let R connect to a database they set up. Seems like they have a host of issues with various libraries and have finally thrown in the towel. This week they are doing a total rebuild of the system. Apparently, they were hoping to limp through to summer but constant complaining by people like me seems to have forced them to move up the schedule.

I got up and did an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow morning I head out for 12 miles. Of course the temperatures are plummeting this evening.  I had a bit of excitement this morning. I commute on I-95 from home to work and back. I left early, as usual in case there is traffic. I got about 1/3 of the way to work and saw on my cell phone there was an accident ahead and traffic was stopped for miles. I got off, double backed and headed to the Merritt parkway. My backup route. Also, my much longer route. I went into panic mode since I knew I was going to be late for class. I needed to be able to contact someone to let them know. Nobody I could think of was reachable! In the end, amazingly it turned out okay. The course is taught simultaneously in the US and Ireland. They were having technical difficulties with the feed to Ireland and they just got it fixed when I showed up. So in some sense I was not late! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Running streaking has real rules and requires at least 1 mile of uninterrupted running each day.   My streak record is 960 days, which I will hit next Sunday if all goes well.     I think it is fine to do exercise streaks or run/walk streaks or walking streaks-  but they aren't running streaks.  I'm a lawyer.  Rules are rules. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm a lawyer.  Rules are rules. 

No run for me today, just about 35 minutes of weights and core.

I am dropping my car off at the collision center in the morning to get an estimate on the fix.  Fortunately, my insurance covers up to $30/day on a rent-a-car.  Can you get a rent-a-car for that little?

Holly

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Light day in here today.

I'm still having to double-read some of Tet's posts to make sure I'm reading them right. Sort of one of those "never thought I'd see the day" things with these fitness centers, cycling classes and aquafit. Actually, all teasing aside, I think it's great!

Not sure if I was just tired and slow today or if I lost count of my laps in the pool, but 33 minutes of pool running (10 laps). Which now that I think about it isn't that far off the usual. So, never mind.

4.7 EZ

I got lucky and found a pair of Skechers Ultra Road-2 at the Skechers outlet/clearance store near my house for $35. I drive past it almost every day, so I stop in once a week and check for running shoes. My current UR-2 shoes are just over 300 miles and will be put to pasture after another 30-50 miles. These are the best road training shoes I've ever had, and I was concerned that I'd have to order some at full price (shudder!) in a week or two. With the new pair on hand, I have several months before I have to look for another pair, and hopefully by then they'll be showing up as clearance shoes more often, and I'll stock up. At 10 cents a mile, these are a great deal. Assuming I can get more at $35.

Interesting about the wifi router; mine loses connection for wifi AND wired every once in a while, and takes about 5 minutes to reset by itself. Sometimes this happens several times a day, sometimes not for months but typically about once a week. There are no variables that I can ascertain; weather, temp, usage, time of day, etc. I've had the same router through ATT for 5-6 years at least. When I contacted them about it, the person on the phone only wanted me to schedule a technician to come out and look at it, and would not give me any other info and kept up with the high pressure to PAY for a service visit. I looked at all the connections and power supply, and even ran new Cat6 grade wire from the outside phone terminal directly to the router, but had the same result. I wonder if I can demand a new router, since I've had this one so long?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations KSA.

I haven't run that much in 41 years!

My streak record is 960 days, which I will hit next Sunday if all goes well.

ps erika - going to a fitness center would've been as humiliating as having to walk in a marathon in those days. Fortunately, the older I get, the more I seem to be able to get over. whew.   However, I'll still never buy a pair of running shoes, gremlin, wear tights, etc. (ed note: . . . . . . . . . oh well)

I'm a lawyer.  Rules are rules. 

Refreshingly, most real runners adhere

to a runner-code-of-honor too, . . . .

unlike havin' to look for loopholes

to allow clients to fudge around 'em.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

bioguy

Semi-ok day at school. /I celebrate Darwin's bday with food, drink, and a good film, but by God i have some dull students who can't look away from their  phones.

5 miles easy today.

spacityrunner

5.3 miles on the mountain to get the running week started.  Clear blue skies, warmed up to 45ish and little wind made it for a delightful outing on the mountain  I love trail running!

Trails Rock!