Masters Running

Zombies Monday the 6-10-1013 Daily (Read 47 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh I don't know about that Tramps.  Today I'm taking on triathletes, even including a picture from my first one 25 years ago:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2013/06/spareribs-ace-triathlete.html/

I laughed out loud...

Tammy and Troy - beautiful pics!

5 easy-paced miles for me today.

The family is renting a cabin this weekend in Hocking Hills and DH said, "no running, this is a FAMILY trip!"  Hmmm...we'll see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Love the pictures.

Nice arms Ribs.

First run in two weeks. A little tweak in the back but was good. Tag nearly did somersaults.

SteveP

Rhoon, what amazing pictures!

Tammy, cool gift for David, and loved the photos.

I think we should go back to speeling words incorectly to get Rib's goat.

No run, nada.  I did so much yard work yesterday, I figured it was good cross-training.

No running on a family trip Holly?  What if you are done before they even wake up??  Did you mention you will be a better Mom and happier person if you run?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I hate to admit it but, Ribs, that article was a good one.

Yeah--great pictures.  Umm...rhoon...does your daughter the runner always wear mukluks?

Hi enke.  I thought about you during my run, today.  I hope everything is going good for you.

And, Dave...how's the shingles?

Jay?  Did anybody see Jay, today?

My run...6.2 miles in 47:09.

Okay--I gotta go.  See ya!

Oh!  I almost forgot my little story from my run...I was just finishing and the new little neighbor boy was riding his electric tractor in his yard and said, "Hey! Do you like my tractor?"  And I said, "No." But quickly said, "Oh, yeah--I really like your tractor."  As I walked up the driveway the mom kind of gave my a dirty look and I said, "I thought he said, 'Can't you run any faster?'"...because, that's what I thought he said.  Why do all my neighbors hate me?

mustang sally

Bad faerie

The only zombie I saw today was in the mirror when I got up early enough to catch the ferry to The Big Smoke for a delightful three days closeted with the rest of the management team, engaging in Maoist-style self-criticism and endless PowerPoints.

But I escaped the office this afternoon and went for a beautiful sparkling lake trail run.  And now, for penance, it's heads-down to the financials and a project charter that must be completely rewritten before tomorrow morning.  sigh.

Mariposai

The only zombie I saw today was in the mirror when I got up early enough to catch the ferry to The Big Smoke for a delightful three days closeted with the rest of the management team, engaging in Maoist-style self-criticism and endless PowerPoints.

But I escaped the office this afternoon and went for a beautiful sparkling lake trail run.  And now, for penance, it's heads-down to the financials and a project charter that must be completely rewritten before tomorrow morning.  sigh.

Posie hugs to you sistahh...that sounds like no-sleep written all over your wall.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Howdy Do, Folks -

I always feel bad sticking my head in here when I have absolutely no idea what's going on, bug Posie lady PM'd me to find out if I'm still alive and kicking, so thought I'd check in real quick before I hit the hay for the night.

Am s-l-o-w-l-y increasing my mileage each week, so that means still using the stationary bike, too.  Plus keeping up with the core/strength training.  I see muscles slowly building in ye ole arms, but those hangy wingy ones on the underside of the arms are still resisting my efforts.  Gosh darn, but those things are hard to get into shape!!  If I flex, they're not so hangy, but one can't stand around flexed all day long.  It's just unseemly. Wink

Count down to Western States!  It's in two weeks!! I'm so excited and I'm only going as a crew person, not a runner. . . . .But who cares!  It's Western States!!  Yee haw!

Okay - That's it.  I gotta hit the hay.  I'm gettin' delirious . . . .

PS - I love you guys and think about you all the time and wish I could get in here more often, but right now it's just not possible.  I'll try and do better.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I'm glad you checked in Leslie. I've been thinking of you and hoping your job search is productive.

Ran another 3.5 miles this evening with the dogs. two runs today but both were short, so that probably doesn't even qualify as true doubles.

Tammy

Bushrat Runner

The Salmon Run 1/2 Marathon...from the rear end of the pack.

I think the 1/2 had 15 or so fools...I mean runners...and the 5 and 10 K had a few as well. The organizers said around 35 total. That is probably the most well-attended running event in my time here. But as you can see, by mile 2 I was alone in the tail end of things. Well, not quite the tail, as there were a few behind me. But I was pretty slow. Just tried to keep a pace that I could inhale over three steps then exhale over three more. I figured if I had any hope of a comfortable finish I would have to take it really easy...

We were running mostly the route Mo likes to run when we start at her house. But she left me in the dust hard today.

So Choco the wonder dog kept me company.

We ran down to the Peterson Point cannery, then took a left and headed down the beach.

The beach was poor footing and a ripping headwind, but I eventually got low enough on the slope to find this ribbon of sand. The upper 10 feet of sand was soggy and bad, but the lower portion was great, like pavement. Nobody else even went down there. Since I got the benefit of the best running surface, it seems odd I didn't win.

Somebody made banana muffins and had them for us at the finish. I don't know who it was, but they were my hero for the day.

evanflein

So... now Ribs has a goat? Does the Saint know about this?

Nice racing with the mosquitoes, Troy. Love how Choco hangs out with you.

Holly, +1 what Enke said... don't you usually run before the rest of those bedheads are up? Go for it...

MikeE, all my neighbors think I'm nuts, but I don't think they hate me. You have some sort of talent there, dude.

4.1 EZ miles, first one was easy only by pace, not effort, Amazing how a 15 mph headwind makes things so difficult!