Masters Running

Happy Tuesday (Read 45 times)

wildchild no zombies today.  But tomorrow . . . Dead

enkephalin sounds like the kind of mind slippage that would happen to me!  I suspect you could be absent minded enough to become a professor.  It is a primary screening device for the job you know.  Big grin

tomwhite I certainly get it and good for you for keeping it up.

shawdow runner looks like the thunder storm passing through CT today and tomorrow will finally clear out our humidity.  I hope it does the same for your neck of the woods.

Craneium welcome back to RA and to running.

tselbs well that is one way to kill the waiting time!

fatozzig the good news is that mess is no doubt part of why they wanted to hire somebody and helped get you the job!

CNYrunner do you actually sleep?  If you do sleep do your legs simulate running all night?  Man, what a schedule!

All I did today was hit the elliptical.  Tomorrow I have 8 miles running from zombies on tap.  Then Thursday I head to New Haven to run with one of my colleagues that I used to run with regularly.  Then she had a baby.  Baby, run, baby, run . . . how can anybody pick baby?  Joking  Well, I guess baby . . . but fortunately she is back to running after a fashion.  She claims to be painfully slow these days.  I guess I will find out but I strongly suspect I am being fed a story here!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

''because

for 32-minutes,

I'm not ThatOldGuyWithTheCane,

,,,,,,,I'm Running Again''

I think he Got It

Craneium!!!!

The tribe and I are well. We're still missing Roman (our former foster grandson) a lot. However, DW and SIL are developing a friendship with the new foster family. They have the resources to provide 24 hour care for Roman's little brother. As long as the little dude is loved and cared for. I's satisfied.

Tag is troubled. There is an ice cream store next to the hardware store. Often, while we're parked at the hardware store, Tag will jump out the window and go get ice cream. When I'm done, I'll go pay his tab and scold him all the way back to the truck. The store closed early so the owner could take her dream vacation. The country store that we can see from our house has started selling Moomers ice cream. DW and I bring some home for Tag and Honey. I don't want Tag to know where it comes from. We don't hook Tag up when we let him out. I'm sure he'd wander over if he knew where the goods came from. It's also a small petting zoo and Tag wants a pet goat.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Lost my dad in May, and DW lost her mom 2 weeks ago.  Both of us dealing with our grief, but more worried about DS and DD loosing two granparents 8 weeks.  Not to mention helping surviving parents with everything else.   

Sorry to hear this.  I know it is a rough time for your family. Hang in there.

Cranieum - hi!

Leslie - good luck at the new job!  I know it is difficult starting at a new place.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whew (12,389 feet)

shadow - the older I've gotten, the more I've come to realize that running is more than just something to do to get/keep in shape and that the people herein are more than just other people we happen to know. You too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

shawdow runner looks like the thunder storm passing through CT today and tomorrow will finally clear out our humidity.  I hope it does the same for your neck of the woods.

It seemed to this morning...of course I have my weekly run after work today with running buddy.  I hope it holds because the park we run in is an former air base, i.e., very little cover since landscaping trees still young.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum