Masters Running

Thanksgiving Monday, 11/25 daily (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sal's being out-of-shape is better than most of us'll ever be in shape.

opie - did that sore quad get you a half PR like your marathon?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Way too far behind to comment on anything... much... except wow to C-R for an awesome 5k, MikeE I've had weekends like that (what happened to the day??), congratulations on the trophy for your kick-ass time trial, Sal, and good luck to Enke with door # whatever she's on now (7?).

Back from a busy late week in Anchorage with meetings every day, and an exam for another step toward my certification I'm working on (passed, yay!). The weather was horrible (freezing rain, closed campus and sent us away at 4 p.m.) so ran on the hotel treadmill most every day. Back home now though, and ran 5.2 with intervals tonight. Felt good. I've been reading how it's more important when you don't have much time to increase the intensity, so I did 4 x .3 mile @ 7:47, then 2 x .2 mile @ 7:30, embedded into a mostly MP run. Felt good!

We leave tomorrow night for Hawaii, so see DS2 for Thanksgiving before he's deployed to the Philippines later this week.

Marathon Maniac #957

We leave tomorrow night for Hawaii, so see DS2 for Thanksgiving before he's deployed to the Philippines later this week.

Woohoo!  Enjoy!  Both of my brothers spent time in the Philippines when they were in the Navy. I bet your DS will love the winter there better than the winter in Anchorage....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I meant to congratulate Mustang Sally, too...very cool.