Masters Running

Need Daily for Wednesday! Are we giving up Running Ahead for Lent? (Read 43 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Where is Jay?  Where is the daily?  Too much pressure~~aak!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

<<talking to self, not good, not good...>>>

Dave, feeling better today?

Holly, we'll take "some" improvement!

Greata run Carolyn, 20 on a workday, whoa.

Congrats Jlynne.  Please report in detail about cake reward.

Kevin, we will be looking for a run report, no more 'scuses.

I was up early so I went out on a beautiful morning, moon is a cresent, looking just like a bowl--never saw moons like that up north--and got inspired to run about ten and a half miles in an ambling pace sorta around 9 minute miles (so long as you don't count the first two when I was gaping at the sky and just being goofy.)

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

"run about ten and a half miles in an ambling pace sorta around 9 minute miles"

I ran about 6 miles at 9 minute mile pace too, but it definitely wasn't "ambling".  More like gasping.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good morning Amy, burger and all that follow.

Good foot work Amy, being able to look up and gawk at the moon and run at the same time.  I would have tripped over my own shoes.

I am glad someone like Jay is able to recap everyone's accomplishments.  I'm not very good at putting thoughts into words, though I do read everything.  Everyone here motivates me to keep on trucking or running (which ever).

11.0 miles in the predawn with 8 x 1/2 mile (3:51 average) with 1/2 mile interval (4:10 average).  Heart rate topped out at 150 then slowed to low 140's each repeat.  Then 5.0 miles this afternoon, just slightly easier though the legs just kept turning over quickly (8:25 pace).  It's off to dinner.  Wishing everyone a has a delightful day anyway they can legally.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Mariposai

Good Wednesday everyone. Thanks for starting the daily AamosY.

My goal was to run 10 miles this morning with at least 4 at AamosY's "ambling" pace, but my run last night told me that I have a little ouchie right on my shin and my ankle (caused by my ski boots ) so I decided to just run slow. Six slow smile miles in the freezing rain with my RP. Yeap, I am very lucky.

Now off to the office for a lot of meetings and a 2 hour class.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

~~aak!

Way to start the daily!  That's how I feel when I try it.

I don't know how much how I feel is connected to the weather/winter.  I just have these days where I feel down and I can't think.  It's like a mental head cold.  I have to read something 6 times to understand it.  For example, I read something on-line about a study on high intensity intervals, and I swear it took 8 reads to understand what the study results were.  I would normally give up after 3 reads but it was making mad.

I must be doing better because I finally fixed a complicated programming issue at work that I have spent the last week on.

I got dressed to run my usual slog around the neighborhood, but I am going to ditch that idea, quit work at noon and go up north for a couple hours of xc-skiing.  I haven't gone at all this season and conditions are supposed to be perfect today with 4 inches of freshly groomed snow on top of a huge base.  I imagine I'll be an uncoordinated mess out there on the trails but there shouldn't be too many witnesses around on a Wednesday afternoon.

Dave, it sounds like today is a little better.  Enjoy the XC skiing.  jlynne, congrats on the unexpected 2nd place trophy.  Tammy, it's always great to run with one's kid.  Steve, nice race picture with Tag.

Nice long runs for wild, Aamos, and ras (with speedwork).

This morning, I did 4 miles on the TM at a 10:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Today was my first 5 mile run since the ultra. Man, I take a long time to recover.  The massage yesterday helped.

If someone had told me the stir I would have created for that Dallas Morning News post, i never would have believed it. The post went almost viral, with almost 1,000 viewers on FB alone. On Monday the News will give me a report on total readership but I know it got reposted and commented on a lot. I got personal email, people calling me anti-gay, demanding I should be fired, all kinds of things.

Of course these are the people who thought it was serious, not the ones who knew it was a satire. I once wrote a post advocating that the Dallas Arboretum should be paved over. I wrote another one describing a new race coming to Dallas in which spectators are given buckets of stones to throw at the passing runners.  I've written all kinds of stuff but never got feedback like this. I've had to write back to people to explain it was a joke and say I'm sorry that I didn't make it more obvious.  What a riot.

Some running group up in Oklahoma got hold of it and starting dumping on Dallas.  Opie saw it and posted that he knows the writer and that it was a gag.  If not, the thread would have gone on and on.   Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

I wrote another one describing a new race coming to Dallas in which spectators are given buckets of stones to throw at the passing runners.  

snork!

Ribs, some folks just have no sense of humor....

Aamos - I would love to amble at 9mm....

Dave - sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon.

6 miles for me this morning, outside (!) in 19 degrees.  Colder than I like, but pavement is better I think than the TM right now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

spectators are given buckets of stones to throw at the passing runners.

reminds me of the cartoon of duck hunters shooting at ski jumpers in mid-air:

"and the beauty of it is, you don't even need a license."

However, for triathlon training, I used to have my kids and their friends form a gauntlet in the pool I'd try to swim through with them spashing water in my face, pushing and punching me under, grabbking my ankles, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

reminds me of the cartoon of duck hunters shooting at ski jumpers in mid-air:

"and the beauty of it is, you don't even need a license."

...I love it...........

============

..........stuck working all week

with a DAY LONG Seminar Sunday

when the Friggin' TimeChanges

RestDay??>>>>>>>I think not

SomeDays

this ''Being a GrownUp Thing'' Sucks

........................................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

(dashing in)  Hi Aamos!  2 miles for me, in gentle rain.  No stones thrown at me during the run, either.  phew!

Re: time change...I was just thinking I was hoping Daylight Savings Time would kick in, because I'd be able to run in the morning darkness again.  I like it.

tw -- Pickles is boss -- do what she says.

mrrun

tried to post earlier but nothing worked.

had a body plant yesterday at mile 8, so today went out for a 2 miler followed by a jacuzzi soak which helped the body but not the bruised ego.  my DD said watch out for the ice, but there was no ice, no moon, just feet - what could be more dangerous?

yeah to time change and possible mid-40 day over the w/e

enjoy the rest of your day whatever the activity is,

marj

evanflein

Tetsujin, that's priceless! Ribs, I agree with Holly. Some people just take life too seriously and they're always looking for an offense.

Hi Aamos! Nice amble for you this morning. Good for you on starting the daily. I do it every now and then, but I cheat by staying up too late...

Glad you're feeling better, Dave. No fun being in a funk.

We got snow! It's been so nice and sunny (and no precip) for the last two+ weeks. Well, it clouded over this week and now it's snowing. Just when the bikepaths were plowed down to the ice layer from last November (yeah, that made yesterday's run interesting...).

So, today, I'll head home after work and hop on the treadmill while dinner is in the oven. Get to try my new shoes! I got the Brooks Pureconnect2 and New Balance 1400's on sale at RRS. Didn't expect much since most of my shoe orders go back pretty quickly, but so far these are both nice! Different, and that Brooks design is sure interesting (sort of a wrap-around deal) and they're both so light! And they don't hurt my toes!! Wow, I can hardly wait now that I've decided to not run outside. Yay! New shooz!  Smile

Ribs - I am really surprised so many people didn't get that it was a joke.

I will have to look into those shoes too Erika, I am in the market for new ones.

Mariposai, no, didn't run last night.  I tried to run for the bus and knee was @#$@! um, giving me problems, so I need to rest it, boo hoo.  And I blew my diet yesterday with a big chocholate chip muffin top (they are so good!), so I was in an all round feeling sorry for myself mood!

But, the torrential rain has finally stopped, so maybe tonight, although I promised my DD some quality time with me.  So maybe we can do 2 miles together???

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."