Masters Running

WeweweWednesdaily 4/25 (Read 38 times)

What? No Jay? No recap? Where's bioguy? KSA?  Come on people!

Almost 5 miles this morning in 34°, wind and sun. Run till it hurts, then walk. The usual. I'm going in for an MRI on my back tomorrow afternoon. The outcome of this is doubtful...

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

dg.

Hi Jeanne!   I was just thinking about doing the same thing!

so sorry about your back.    I'm out of the loop so I don't know what's been going on with you.   ((( )))   Good luck with your MRI.   I had one in 2014, & it wasn't happy, but until this current round running didn't bother my back till about 7 miles... even when everything else did.   We need to go to Oz.

Just a 30 minute walk this morning,  brisk, but no Jay-walking  : ).   & the usual pt exercises.  I take turns doing sets from various rounds of pt.

happy day,  hugs to all hurty parts!

I empathize with you on your back, Jlynne -- hope all goes well.

From the department of "Getting old is hell but it beats the alternative," I started out my 4-mile run today feeling greta and speedy since my back and hamstring were both 100% quiet. Then on the return segment I started getting sharp hip pains. Not that again! I now know better than to keep running through that stuff, so did walk/run the rest of the way .

Heading out to my weekly back workout/therapy class now, which I think is doing some overall good.

Good runs and workouts to all today!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I meant to get us started, but had to rush out to an early eye doc appt!

These injuries really are coming at us!

2 treadmill miles.  Better than yesterday. Tightness but it seemed more in the front of my leg and didn't tie me up as much.  Still very slow and HR high for that pace.  But- I did it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

5 miles for me this morning. No injuries. Just slow and obese.

Quickadder

Early morning run for me, ending just as the first light appeared in the eastern sky. Very pleasant 55F. 7.5 miles at 9:29 average. Was tempted to run further, but would have been late to work if I had.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

Hi all,

just a couple quick miles last night with the dogs. well, not "quick" - they were 12 min/miles 

will leave work at 4 today and go run for about an hour or so on the hilly trails. I'm feeling so ill prepared to run 30K on 5/5. It's probably more mental than anything because I was up to running fairly regular long runs of 20-24 before I got sidelined, but it's amazing how quickly you can lose cardio fitness.  It's all good though. this race is for fun. Oh, speaking of fun, I need to call Johnny today and see if he wants to come out there for the afternoon to hang out with Leslie, Carolyn and I post-race.

okay, busy day - gotta scoot!

Tammy

[[[jylnne]]]

........yardwork between showers.....

30-min weights

.................Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Oh, speaking of fun, I need to call Johnny today and see if he wants to come out there for the afternoon to hang out with Leslie, Carolyn and I post-race.

Yes!!

SteveP - That maze sounds like a ton of fun.

Are we all getting old, or are we all getting old??

30 min of core/ST this a.m.  My legs are feeling really pooped, as am I.  Weird to feel like that when last week was only a 22-mile week, low compared to pre-injury weekly mileage.  But it's all relative and I'm happy to be back in action.

Yesterday's post run hairdo.  The Hub said, "You need to look at yourself in the mirror."  Mr. Mr seems unsure about the whole affair:

Image may contain: one or more people

Great nostril shot, though, huh??  

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

((To all dealing with hurts))

Re: getting old: at my age I read the obits daily and if my name isn’t there I give a sigh of relief.

Speaking of hurts- after my speedier than usual run 2 days ago my Achilles has gotten worse- this morning I did 2 miles on the elliptical, 10 minutes of indoor cycling and weights. Ironically I just bought a new pair of Saucony Kinverras-they feel great, but I’ve only been able to walk in them for a short distance until my Achilles becomes too painful.

wildchild

Carolyn

Boy, getting old ain't for sissies!

Tammy, I'd love to see Johnny if he can come!

I did my last longish taper run yesterday, 15.5 Trail miles in Canyonlands National Park. Slow, because there was lots of rock scrambling, but oh so beautiful.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henry - Have you considered a shoe with a little higher heel stack, to see if it takes some of the pressure off the AT?  I had to revert to a higher heel shoe a few years ago when my ATs couldn't take the minimal Inov-8.  I love the Inov-8, so it was a bummer, but I do fine in the Brooks Adrenaline now.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Boy, getting old ain't for sissies!

Tammy, I'd love to see Johnny if he can come!

I did my last longish taper run yesterday, 15.5 Trail miles in Canyonlands National Park. Slow, because there was lots of rock scrambling, but oh so beautiful.

Carolyn, are you staying in Moab? I still remember well our trip there to visit Canyonlands and Arches. My favorite cycling jersey is one I bought there at the Poison Spider Bike Shop.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Henrun

Henry - Have you considered a shoe with a little higher heel stack, to see if it takes some of the pressure off the AT?  I had to revert to a higher heel shoe a few years ago when my ATs couldn't take the minimal Inov-8.  I love the Inov-8, so it was a bummer, but I do fine in the Brooks Adrenaline now.

Thanks Leslie. My new shoes have a fairly high heel as do my others. I don’thave any minimal shoes. I do have some heel inserts which I use for walking. I’ll slip them into my running sneaks.

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - you crack me up, and I really needed it just now.

Don't want to whine about dental issues again, but the tooth next to my front upper tooth appears to have a crack in the root.  (sigh)  I know already what DH will say if I try to pitch another dental implant to him.  Maybe we should just get divorced so I don't have to ask his permission?  (sigh)  I know there are worse problems than this....

A rainy weekend and sudden sun and warmer temps has cause Spring to begin exploding around us.  I love this time of year.

5 miles for me this morning in 50 breezy degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."