Masters Running

Saturday October 10 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 355 times)

1st week of taper done - 35 miles.  Why is my left eye twitching?  And my pinkie hurts ... Trying not to fixate too much on the long range forecast - 54° high and 40° low with drizzles.  Not bad.

Marathon Pace run day today.  11 miles with 4 at MP (somewhere between 8:19 and 8:35).  It was a hot one out there as our Summer continues - 77° and 83% so the MP was harder than it will be next week.  MP miles came in at:

8:30

8:24

8:21

8:21

Most of the other miles at 9 min/mile pace.

Go Gators!

Great job Holly on the 2000 miles by October!  That's fabulous.  You're in amazing condition!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

An Early 4 miles for me today as I have to work today. I missed my runs the last 2 days. The hours I have been putting in are crazy I have been averaging 15 hours a day. We have had boiler problems and with the cold weather predicted its a must . Oh well like I tell my wife in these times I am glad to have the "too much work "problem VS the "no work Problem".

Tramps and Slo,

Good luck to both of you. Sounds like you guys need no advice just encouragement. So heres some encouragement.

Good luck to all our racers this weekend

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Slo

Thanks Haller......Kinda sucks, driving into work this morning and seeing the reflective glow emitting from another runners shoe knowing that normally,.......at that hour,......it would be me.

And Karazy hours....yes. I'm in the middle of a Robot installation. My contractors started at 5:00 this morning.  I'm in for another long weekend.

Very nice run Bill ! Your forecast sounds perfect....I don't know if you mind a little drizzle but the temp sure sounds great !

Nice run, Bill.  I assume folks are meeting up in Columbus?  That will be a lot of fun -- sorry we'll be missing that one.

Little recovery run for me.

3.1 miles, 28:33, 9:05/mi, AHR 139 (71% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning !   So nice to see Larry posting regularly again.

Out for a long run this morning, but had to call for a ride 5 miles into it.    I could feel my stomach tightening up and knew I was not going to make it home.   DH loves to give me shit about it too.   (yes, pun intended)  Big grin    So, 5.25 miles and hopefully a little longer run tomorrow.    At least the rain has finally stopped!!

Happy Saturday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning everyone,  8.2 miles @9:05 pace, my hopeful MP.  8 days to marathon

Now my plan is 6 easy tomorrow, 5 easy Tues., 4 MP Thur., Fri. & Sat. I'll be doing  lots of walking so no run.

Mary sorry about the stomach problems

Bill real sorry to hear about the injuried pinkie  

Best wishes racers!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Healing vibes to Tramps and SLO.  holly, congrats on the 2000 miles so far this year.  hopeful, I am greatful that, in my rural area, I run by a lot of wooded areas and cornfields.

Nice long runs for perch, running (birthday run), and breger.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 30s and there was just a light breeze.  I got in 8 miles in a little less than 1:15:30 for a 9:25 pace.  The first time I checked my watch was about 2 miles and my pace at that time was 9:48.  As I checked periodically, my pace was dropping but I didn't give it too much thought until near the end.  It turns out I averaged 9:42 for the first 4 miles and 9:07 for the last 4 with the last mile at 8:51.  I guess there was a reason it felt hard the last couple of miles.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Beautiful morning to all of you. I am off to see posieson2 and his team run their Xcountry meet. I will run my LR on the way home.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

10.75 for me this morning, followed by a mile swim. Now I'm off to trim some bushes for a friend.

Happy Saturday everyone!

King of PhotoShop

Mary, it happens to everyone.  Too bad about today.

You're set Bill.

Off to the store to replace the hundreds of pounds of food Erika ate during her one night stay with us.  Good luck to her this weekend at Royal Vic.  Also to those of you doing Columbus soon.  Is that next weekend?

We're back from the race.  I won my AG in the tenK but I am not very happy about it as I ran a crummy time (51:32) and I ran a stupid race (out too fast, 7:42 first mile) and at 4 miles I could hardly move my legs.  For me to run well I have to run all the time, and this past week I didn't run at all.  My last run was Monday in Boston, a 3-miler.  Or, it may be that I haven't recovered enough from last Saturday's 15K, given the one day per mile raced rule.  Still, as we have all agreed here, the bright side is that I might not be running at all if things had gone differently for me and I am very grateful for being out there and getting to compete again. The Saint worked as a volunteer today and although she nearly froze, she did a great job. 

Bill, today we switched from the central air to heat, a big day for us Texans!  Spareribs

Slo

10.75 for me this morning, followed by a mile swim. Now I'm off to trim some bushes for a friend.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Geez......Slacker  

Slo

Ribs

Your as bad as I am.....An AG win an still complaining about your race.....geesh. There is no satisfiying some people.

It's snowing in Iowa today.

breger1  ah the joys of the pre-marathon taper!  But that MP!?  8:19?  What happened to that 6:00 goal? 

hallar amen to that!

Slo-Hand you guys do robots that will clean my wife's office?  You know just wondering . . .

hopeful4ever you need a route with a much denser woodland!

Sarge enjoy your taper week too!

tselbs nice, if inadvertent, progression run.

Marioposai enjoy the run and wish the kids good luck from all of us.

fussyrunner nice double digit run today and long swim.  What no bike ride?

Spareribs next time you win your AG and think it is a crummy time just remember all the guys like me much, much further back!  Congratulations on the award.  P.S. My stay in Austin was great.  Especially the trip to some barbeque place about 45 minutes outside of town the name of which I am totally blanking on!

DW ran about 5 today.  I made one batch of chocolate chip and banana muffins and another of cranberry and pecan ones and brought apple butter to go with them.  All around big hit.  The down side is the club has decided they like me better when I cannot run and instead bring goodies. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

Good afternoon all.

Today, my schedule called for a 17 mile long run, but I ended up racing a 5K in the middle of it. I ran the course before the race, then raced the 5K, and then ran 12.5 miles afterwards. All of that was according to plan except for the racing part of the 5K. I had planned on just running it as part of my long run, but last weeks half-marathon changed this weeks 5K into a race. Since I PRed in the 5K, I'll write up a full RR later this afternoon with all those details.

Anyways, 3.8 mile warmup + 5K race + 12.4 mile long run = 19.3 miles total.

Paul

dg.

wow Paul.   funny 'ending up' doing that.  Smile   

just have a moment but wanted to say at least   go Ilene, go Erika, & go (slow) Nono!!!!!

Woods Lady... hugs to you & to your kitty....

Jlynne, how are you?   almost time for Baby Leo, isn't it??   I hope all goes wonderfully.

hope to catch up later.

hope springs eternal.

think i might have a spring loose, though