Masters Running

Sunday 9-4 Where's everyone (Read 35 times)

C-R

I'm starting the Sunday daily at 11 am? Where is everyone? Hope this isn't one of those Twilight Zone episodes.

Got 70 minutes of running today. Longest run to date after the knee. Felt good. Tired but a good tired.

Kiddo finished 6th OA in just a shade over 17 minutes yesterday. He ran well. But he felt he didn't time his surges properly. Glad to see him analyzing to improve. Very proud of him. The JV and Varsity won with 22 and 19 points. Probably 30 teams from around the state. Girls swept as well. Perfect day for running. Oh they ran the Laverne Gibson XC course which will once again host the NCAA D1 championships this year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Holly, I'm glad to hear your daughter's test came back normal.  Bertha, those seizures of your husband's sound scary.  C-R, kudos to your son and his team.

Nice long runs for hallar, starr, fatozzig, and mari.

After not running since a week ago yesterday, I forced myself out for a short run this morning.  The temp was in the low 50s and the wind was negligible.  I did 3 miles at an 11:19 pace.  It wasn't too bad.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

C-R is that time of 17 for one mile?  I kid. (But only because that's more like a pace that I  likely put out for a mile) . So awesome for your kiddo. Congratulations.

Today taper madness is rearing it's ugly head. I took the day off yesterday due to hubby's health issue and didn't think twice about it because hey I've got 10 today right? THEN today came and I hadn't slept well and my tummy was upset from a potato chip hangover and I had a case of the Poor Me and was going to blow today's run. But hubby talked me into a nice slower than slow 5 miles. Which is less than 10 but better than 0. And then I battled the sheeple at Costco with DD2 because she wanted lunch type food for her and her boyfriend and Costco is a zoo on any given Sunday but the day before a holiday and the last day open prior to back to school and well it was wild. So now I'm having an adult beverage to continue battling this madness we runners call Taper.  Wheeeeeeeeeeee. 😆

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

RUNNING
          2-mile out-and-back on the one mile lakeside trail to Mary’s Falls.
          Sunny day to get up to high sixties but, with the sun behind the eastern mountains
          and the glacier getting closer-and-closer, the 56o start dropped to 48o at the falls.
          Maybe I better go up the 4,000 foot mountain in the western side sunshine

tomorrow morning before returning to reality-land on Tuesday. 

CAMERA
          As much as I appreciate being able to take interval photos from every 30-seconds to five-minutes plus multi-frame sports/GS/bear/etc. action photos per second, this week’s northern lights have had me longing for the time lapse function that allowed my old Nikon F to stay open long enough to capture their colorful aerial routines on film as had been possible during a couple of sojourns north of erika-land. No polarizing filters to contrast white clouds and blue skies, either. oh well.

ps - lots of talented kiddos herein
          pps - the puzzlemaster had “nurses run” as one of today’s better palindromes.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...howdy.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du5HparPcVg&list=PLbxdxEWxTqX81L3NnAU3nEwvPhkT7FuRm

......speaking of The Twilight Zone,

=============

mid-90s here, middlin' hot

no winds

coming our way from the hurricaine

yet

............60-min bike ride 7-gears up 7-gears down hill repeats

also

got in a 20-min NordicTrak work-out yesterday

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

So good Holly.  Now we just have to get you (& Rosie) back on track.

Glad you got in a not bad run, Tom.

Hang in Bertha; enjoy your posts.

<waving at tet and tw>.....are you guys e.e. cummings fans?  I am.

Well, I am enjoying a long weekend listening to the Sox and appreciating not having to work tomorrow.  Also appreciating the fact that there will come a time in the not too distant future where I will not be working and will miss the wonderfulness of a 3 day weekend.

18 hot ones yesterday because I went out late (on the up side, got to hear all 2 hours of Scott Simon) and 12 today with 2 bridge RTS and a lovely dawn.  The nap after was pretty fine too!

Happy Weekend all!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

''<waving at tet and tw>.....are you guys e.e. cummings fans?  I am.''

.............I was wondering

when someone would figure it out......

http://www.poetrysoup.com/famous/poems/best/edward_estlin_(e_e)_cummings

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy,

Spent the first part of the day doing the Segway Tour in Cincinnati with DD and her friend.  Unfortunately, the weekend's festivities meant that the 2.5 mile river front park where most of the tour takes place was closed to us, apparently rented out.  (Who can afford to rent a 2.5 mile river front park?)  So, that meant our poor guide had to figure out how to fill 2+ hours tooling around Cincinnati and Newport, KY.  We had fun, but DD is mostly a PITA these days and I ended up feeling frustrated and kind of sad, actually, over her behavior.  I feel like such a terrible mother to be dealing with such a rude and disrespectful daughter.  Would it be inappropriate to buy a Taser at this point so I could zap her with every rude comment? 

Then I went to the YMCA to try out my "free 3 visits" and worked out for an hour and a half thereabouts - 12 minutes on the rowing machine, 40 minutes on the stationery bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and a few weights machines.  I am golfing with my dad tomorrow and didn't want to too much and be too sore to golf.

On the plus side, Max the kitty seems to be feeling somewhat better. I took a small monojet (squirter thing) and forced some water into his mouth several times yesterday and today, since I knew he was dehydrated, and that seemed to help. I will stick to the special food from now on, in hopes that keeps his tummy in control - maybe all of his vomiting is just a newly acquired sensitivity to regular food.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Holly, sorry DD is a PITA these days; we all were at that age.  Just remembered a cat I had back in MA had stomach issues and the vet put him on prednisone, which worked wonders.  Good luck with Max!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

<waving at tet and tw>.....are you guys e.e. cummings fans?  I am.

I like it because there's nothing much in between either to dilute or distract the thoughts.  I bet if he was doing it now, it'd be even more direct.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Holly, time for some consequences for her behavior. No friends over, no special outings like today, etc. Sorry you're going through this, but as Amy said, we all went through some snotty teenage times at one point or another. Except of course Carolyn's daughter. But she's unusual in that regard....

So my 20 mile run didn't work out as planned. Started easily enough, but before mile 1 I was feeling left knee pain and left lower shin pain. Yes, both in usually-rock-solid left leg. Knee issue resolved itself by mile 3, but lower shin pain continued off and on throughout the run. So... WTH? It was sore to the touch, a little inflamed and as the run went on it started showing bruising. I could deal with it, along with overall dead, tired leg feeling, until I couldn't. Called DH 5 miles from the end asking him to pick me up at a certain point a mile+ ahead. So... 18 miles, slowest trip up the hill I've ever done, and some weird red bruising on my lower shin. I have no idea what this is from, but hoping it's short lived. 50.9 miles for the week. 18 miles is going to have to be good enough, as I'm now tapering and working on healing up all these stupid owies.

Then had my whole family (except for my brother and his family) over for dinner. We did a meatloaf on the grill, potatoes and carrots from my garden, green beans and all sorts of fixings like carmelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, cranberry sauce, etc. It was an awesome dinner, and everything got eaten up. And how sweet is it that we could have our pre-dinner drinks and talks, dinner and post-dinner talking and dessert outside with turning on the deck heater thingy only at the very end, in September? For most of you, that's no big deal. For us, that's huge. What beautiful weather we've been having! My sister wants to go berry picking tomorrow, but we do have some rain in the forecast. We'll see how that works out.