Masters Running

Hampton Half Rockfest RR (Read 245 times)

Henrun

Marj and I chose the scenic coast of New Hampshire(Hampton Beach) for another half today. I lived in Hampton for 15 years in the mid 60's to 70's and enjoy going back there whenever. Of course it's fun running into people I haven't seen for awhile as I did today when I saw a fellow I used to work with those many years ago. (I also saw Coastwalker and received much need support from him).
    We drove up early in the morning for the 10a.m. start. The course went along the coast and inland for about half the race. It was mostly flat with some easy hills inland. The last part featured a run with a short downhill along the road that makes you feel you're running right into the ocean.
    There were over 1000 runners and the conditions were ideal-hi 50's and mostly cloudy and no wind.
    We started together and, as usual, Marj took off almost immediately. She maintained straight 10's for the first 9 miles and finished in 2:15:52-one of her best half marathon times.
    I poked along at my usual 11:30 miles and finished in 2:31:46 passing many runners in the last few miles and there were over 100 who finished behind me. Since I was the only male in the 70+ age division I was once again a 1st place finisher (2nd 1st place finish in a row-one behind me in a 5K 2weeks ago).
    Now we have to come up with our next half-after we do a bike tour in Spain starting on the 14th of this month.
    wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on another fine race for you and Marj!  And your trip to Spain sounds fantastic - I'm jealous!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

pfriese

Great racing for both of you. And Athena and I are jealous of the Spain trip also.

Have a great bike tour.

Paul

nice job Henry and Marj!!     enjoy your Spain trip!!

denise

You two amaze me. To be able to enjoy each other at what you both love is fantastic. A biking trip through Spain I am sure I am not the only jealous person here.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Slo

Great race and very inspiring.......You two are truely enjoying the gift !

The bike tour sounds awesome. Take lots of pictures.

You folks are always having some grand adventures. Wish I could join you for the cycling in Spain .

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Congratulations, marj and henrun, on your fine races.  It's neat you got to see coastwalker.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Henry and Marj--yet another great run for you guys.  Henry--you're really racking up the hardware.  It is a bit surprising that you were the only one out of a 1000.  Marj--very nice, consistant pace and excellent finish.  Have a great time in Spain--sounds like a blast.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Excellent!  Congrats on the hardware!  And Marj is running so well too!  Wow!

Have fun, and remember, the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain!  

Runners run

Renee the dog

Sounds like a great course from your description!  Congrats to both you and Marj for wonderful racing!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I think you passed me!!  I finished in 2:35:59.  Great job!

I'm so impressed!    Congratulations to both of you.   Spain - wow, 
                              Awesome Marj and Henrun!

Time to build a trophy room I think----you two are collecting the hardware in style! The Hampton beach area is so beautiful and I notice that there are many more races up there. Congratulations and have a wonderful time in Spain.

Cool that you saw Coastwalker as well!

Tramps

This sounds like a great race.  I always enjoy reading about you and Marj and will especially look forward to hearing about Spain.  Enjoy!

Be safe. Be kind.