Masters Running

May '17 Masters Miles (Read 33 times)

an amazing likeness

April's monthly summary posted here.

Time to post those hard-earned and masterly-run May miles, race results and running achievements.

(info on the pic here..)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HermosaBoy

Thanks Milk!

May: 335.9 mi
      2017: 1,462.8 mi

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

spacityrunner

57 running miles

13.5 hiking miles

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 199 miles in May - the highest monthly mileage since February 2016!   Yes, it's a prime number, so I didn't run another mile to make 200.  The next prime is 211, and I didn't have time to run another 12 miles.

Where is the picture from, Milktruck?

Here's a non road picture of me on a run 2 weeks ago for those of you who prefer trails:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

212.2 miles for May, second 200+ mile month in a row!

786.1 YTD which puts me just 41.3 miles behind the 2000 mile pace bunny! I may catch that damn rabbit yet!

1st in AG at the 5k earlier this month.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Milktruck!

176.1 miles for me in May

1164.7 miles YTD

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

113.6 running

43.5 biking

1.5 swimming

I "lost" about 10 days of workouts due to my business trip to China.

I did come up with a possible retirement side gig: Rickshaw driver

(A group of 4 of us rented a Surrey-type Quadracycle and rode round Shanghai's version of central park for an hour.)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

TammyinGP

I was quite a bit off my goal of 100 miles for May , which would have been my first 100 mile month is maybe 2 to 3 yrs.

May: 80.9

But, year to date, I'm real close (maybe about 10 miles to go) to surpassing what I ran for the entire year of 2016 

Tammy

Consistency is important and I've been right on track for my annual mileage goal of 1,500 as well as swimming once a week and doing body weight strength exercises 3 times a week.  124.6 mi so not a prime number and mileage down slightly this month but I'll take it because I've had some good fun races!  3rd male at a 5k here in Las Cruces on the 6th so I won coffee from a local shop and 4th male at the Tucson Tutu Mile on Memorial Day Weekend.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Just when I think I've had a halfway decent month, I scan down the posts and see Hermosaboy's miles for the month. He ran almost as much in one month as I've run since January!

Oh well, every step counts, right?

111.6 miles for May

493.6 YTD

Ran a half marathon relay with my son who never trained one mile. It was fun because even though we finished slower than I would have liked and he suffered through a few painful days walking down steps after, he's hooked, and I'm really looking forward to running more races with him.

Thanks Milktruck for carrying on the tradition!

SubDood

Thanks!

May: 146.4 miles

2017: 694.7 miles

172 May miles for me, which is my highest in awhile and higher than I really want to be, but this was leading up to next week's marathon.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Thanks, Milktruck.

Love the summaries and pics from everyone.

Carolyn will be proud of me for hitting a prime number.

Bit of a cut-back for me from my previous 200's, as I try to figure out the knee.

I just noticed that my next run will put me over my total for all of last year.  Wow!  2016 was a disaster of a running year.

Be safe. Be kind.

Nice comeback, Tramps!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

coastwalker

Thanks Milktruck! That woman in your photo looks familiar...

118.6 RW miles in May. Children's Museum 5K - 1st in RW div.

I had a good month going till the last 7-8 days, and then it fell apart with a trade conference trip and too many aches. So it goes. I'm still ahead of my 100 mi/month pace bunny, so all is good.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.