Masters Running

Tunesday, 5.24.16 (Read 31 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

How many wives does MrStarr have?

We drove to Hudson WI after the race and had a lovely meal and a good time with two of MrStarr’s brothers and wives.

Sayhey! MM#130

He's neck and neck with tet in the bottom of the fifth.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sorry once again for being MIA for so long ... it's really hard to post when you're not running even tho I know we always encourage each other!  This PIA is getting really old!!

Tried a 1.2 mile run Sat in Maine and felt good until I stopped and walked back to the campsite -- maybe I should just keep running and not ever stopp!!

Doing chiro, PT and all their followup exercises ... next on the list might be the MAT recommended here or even acupuncture!! I am turning into a cranky person not running!!  Just finished working 3 12 hour shifts in a row and now I am off until June 1!! Will be heading to Maine Thursday morning and staying there until I need to come home for work.

Tomorrow going to try my 1st open water swim of the season - I mean 1st swim of the season period!! I havent been in the water since my last tri last Sept - not good!!

Oh well - I am not even going to pretend to be caught up, but I did follow Mike's marathon adventure and the Cellcom get together on FB!! Congrats to all!!  I am thinking of all of you even when I am not here posting - just don't want to keep wallowing in self pity!!

denise

Mariposai

Coastwalker, listen to twocat, when he says the food is very, very good. That means...it is for sure GOODDD

Still amazed at what MikeE was able to conquer. We can do all things in Christ who strengths us is the Bible verse that comes to mind.

Tet, you behaved RE: RA goddesses picture.

Deez4boys, it is good to see you here. Hang in there sistahh

Running, I did 6 miles tonight on the hilly canyon. I felt strong and I enjoyed the lovely early evening fresh air.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hang in there, Deez. You'll get this thing dealt with sooner or later. Can you do pool running?

I did get out for a really nice run around Lake of the Isles and a little bit of Lake Calhoun this morning. It was sunny and warm and I was a sweaty mess at the end, but things felt ok until the blister on my right foot said I really should wrap it up. Ended up with 5.3 miles total. Then we went out to a brewery tour which was fun, and some really good beer that I think we can get at home (but not my favorite, apparently). It was Summit Brewery in St. Paul, and some very nice IPAs.

Cap off a good day with dinner with Mike E! Actually, he made us dinner at his place, and we had a really good time talking mostly about all of you guys. Heh... We agreed we really needed to do more of these get together weekends, and just think how fun a series of marathons would be as a group! Ok, we wouldn't have to do something like 5 in a row, and certainly we don't need to do them all under 3:30 (   ) but it would be really fun to do that, no? Anyhow, it was great to meet Mike and we had him all to ourselves since his DW was at a prior engagement. And he made dinner for us! A very good night indeed. Especially since there was hardly any traffic on the way back to our hotel....

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Trying to catch up a little.

Firstly. Jay. How can one not close Tunesday with "Tuesday's Gone"  Lynard Skynard.

Secondly. Henry. Knee and back, right?  Have they (PTs) connected the two? This morning's physical therapy session makes my therapists suspect a disc issue. Deez?  Henry?  What diagnostics have you two had?  I have had no imaging at all. I went straight to PT from my PCP. Today the PTs mentioned that a trip to the neurologist might be order. "But we will try a few things first".

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."