Masters Running

An Abbreviated Sunday....... (Read 47 times)

Dave59

I am going to kick off my Buffalo Half Marathon training with a rest day and a pizza.  

Mike E

MM #5615

I am going to kick off my Buffalo Half Marathon training with a rest day and a pizza.  

Way to go Dave!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

That's what I should have done too.  Instead, I kicked of my training for today’s Spring-Run-for-Fun Marathon with an hour of early-morning volunteering followed by a 19.5 mile run which consisted of three of the four laps in today’s Spring-Run-For-Fun Marathon. Started in a light drizzle at 38-degrees but turned into a drenching rain by 10 miles.
        Though you’d think with most of my marathons in the Pacific Northwest, it would be a lot more, but doing only three of the four laps avoided it being my fourth rainiest marathon after Seattle Marathon 1990 (when one of the floating bridges sank), Easter 2005 (maybe that's why today's earworm was the Alleluia chorus), and CoolRunner Reunion Seattle Marathon 2006 (sleet/snow/wind but beautiful goddesses including amyaamos).
        A unexpected first calf cramp in more than 12 years had me walking most of the third lap and, being the only one stup. . I mean macho enough not to wear tights in the freezing rain which I will never wear anyway no matter what, I was happy to make it a training run instead of marathon no 161 or whatever.  Good thing too as I was still cold even after a hot bath replenished several times for two hours. 
        Ps tom - that’s the coolest thing anyone ever said about grandkids. . . . EVER!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

So Tet did 19.5 miles worth of a marathon as a training run? If I read that accurately, way to go, Tetsujin! If not, well... good running for you then!

I did my 14.1 I wanted today, so 52= for the week. Yay! That's the most weekly miles for me since just before last year's Equinox. I did 80+ in June 2013 but that was a marathon maniac thing doing the three races in three days thing...