Masters Running

Saturday May 3 Runs and Meet-Ups (Read 44 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Another windy day in Minnesota.  I sure hope all the racers have better weather than we do here.

Really Twocat?  I honestly don't remember it being that hilly.  There's a bridge, I think at the beginning, right?  I remember that was a little bit of a hill.  I think you'll be fine once you're out there.  Good luck!

C-R--after my run, I went out to the soccer fields to watch a grandkid's soccer game.  They've been there all day in a tournament.  The wind out there just wears you out.  I do not miss those days of coaching...but I miss working with the kids.  I hope up you had a good day.

I hope you had a good day with your mom, Tom.  She sure did raise a good son.

You are really making huge progress Starr!  I can't wait to hear how you do in your half.  Don't stop after that.  In fact, I think you should find another race a couple months after this one and sign up for it now.  I know, for me, when I first started getting serious about running, it was important that I had something to train for.  Just a thought.

Hey, Erika--you survived that dreaded 5k!  And you did well.  Nice.

Hey tomwhite--cheer up there, little buck-a-roo.  Seriously...I hope your day got better.

Congratulations Steve!  Another little superhero for you to spoil...cool.

Isn't it nice to enter a race where you have a chance to win something, Paul?  I think it's good to go cherry picking now and then.

I heard Amy had another good race, today...boy, there's a surprise.

Well...in spite of the wind, I had a pretty good run.  17 miles in 2:01:59...no, not 2:02...2:01:59.  I worked hard for that second.

Hey--good luck to all the all racers!  This group is running a ton of miles this weekend!

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - what a nice start to the racing season up there, running fast with a nemesis to spur you too. . so fast but you don’t even get to say it was a PR.  Didn’t ilene do it some time ago about posting our current and lifetime PR’s.  If so, Tammy could look at my half (~2.5 if I’m lucky) and full (6.5, if not 7) and tell her friend that she super-kicked her first full marathon 30 minutes faster than her other friend <<<(that would be me)>>> predicted. I hope she doesn’t get the wrong impression that you have to be fast to enjoy marathons like someone I know used to think. <<<(that would be me again)>>>

Finished at 22:54 (Garmin time)

Hey roger, what’s the deal with a skier being a track rat up there instead of a trail rat, ultra-rat, mountain rat, river rat (oh, that’s a real one for a lot of alaskans), etc.  Trail rat sounds suspiciously suggestive of training.  Do you, or did you go much pretty much into the 5K with erika off your skiing muscles or lots of track training?.

ps starruns - thanks for the racer list

pps -  if the hills start getting too easy, we'll have to introduce you to wildchild.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I heard Amy had another good race, today...boy, there's a surprise.

better check that again mike.  She's run 130 marathon but never gone beyond the 26.2 mile distance so probably automatically stopped there and didn't even make it last five as happens to many marathoners trying to extend into the ultra world, except for mariposie's negative splits in hers.  I just hope she didn't DFL her age group and gets discouraged about the untra distances.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

The beavers have been busy this last winter

SteveP

hi friends!!  I decided to race a local 5k today that was part of our running group series!! Not a PR but good enough to snag 1st in my AG!! Nice consolation prize for me after not doing what I'd hoped for at Boston!!  Now up in Old Orchard Beach Maine settling our camper in for the season!!

Happy racing to our Sunday racers!!

denise

evanflein

Tet, I thought Amy's 50k was tomorrow?

my race was not a PR by any means. I've only gone sub 22 once, and that was just barely, but I have a few 22:20's and 22:30's in my past that this isn't even close to a PR. Still, I won my age group, once they get that guy out of there. There's always some clean up needed for the results in our races. Smile

dg.

Hi : )     I'm way behind on my lurking... am working to catch up but I just finished 4/25, & am going to read the days in order.    & then will forget whatever I wanted to comment on.

except... I couldn't help seeing just what was just above this.... Deeze & Erika wtg!!   

I just started pt Friday, & I have my favorite pt guy.   yay.   I am actually sore tonight after doing the exercises, and a few other things.  am making progress...  ribs hurt much less than they did.     Tibia looks good according to the doc.    And and and... he says I can walk!!!  but, well, I can't.   Apparently there is a learning curve to this.   He didn't tell me that..  & by the time I limped my way out of his office I was in a lot of pain.   I've figured out a way to gradually work into it.   I still use once crutch most of the time but just very very lightly, and walk with as normal a gait as I can.   Otherwise I do the toddler walk.   ; ).   It's getting better all the time.    

that's the report from bubble land.      I wonder how my favorite bubble boy (tw) is...

Holly, Twokitty, & all those at the Ave......      good luck & have fun!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, I thought Amy's 50k was tomorrow?

my race was not a PR by any means. I've only gone sub 22 once, and that was just barely, but I have a few 22:20's and 22:30's in my past that this isn't even close to a PR. Still, I won my age group, once they get that guy out of there. There's always some clean up needed for the results in our races. Smile

5K / 50K unless ilene gets it I can't keep track but give her another couple of AG's either way.

However, I'm eager to hear how 130- marathon goddess transitions to the ultra-world.

amy - can you slip up a little farther north  if you're coming out for SF Marathon?

ps - now that you've got chip timing up there, they must just look at the feet

and forget to check out the rest.

iF it's like down here, it'll never get changed.

irregardless, you had a fast race.

(sorry, ever since then Chief Justice Rehquist lambasted

an attorney general who used it, I've always wanted say it at least once).

Steve - put something tasty on the bite next time for an avenger beaver.

SteveP

(((((DG)))))

SteveP

"Hey roger, what’s the deal with a skier being a track rat up there instead of a trail rat, ultra-rat, mountain rat, river rat (oh, that’s a real one for a lot of alaskans), etc.  Trail rat sounds suspiciously suggestive of training.  Do you, or did you go much pretty much into the 5K with erika off your skiing muscles or lots of track training?."

Trackrat is my old old screen name from 15 years ago, when I lived in MA and CO. Not much opportunity here for track, esp masters, and no rats except for some islands.

Getting back to to running shape takes 6 to 8 weeks so I feel ok aerobically  but not efficient. So this race is always a struggle. They got me messed up too said I was in 40-44 AG. Anyway 1st in AG by 3 min and 1st masters, 12 overall. Spring is here!

Marathon Maniac #957

Anyway 1st in AG by 3 min and 1st masters, 12 overall. Spring is here!

Sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."